PDA

View Full Version : Search is dodgy

Aedilred
2017-04-05, 07:00 PM
I've noticed for a few days now at least that the search function - at least the one which searches individual posts - is showing up a less than comprehensive set of results. Searching for a specific word or phrase, whether or not the user field is filled out, will only return a partial set of results. Most of the time the post I need is not among them.

I have heard a couple of other people have been having similar issues. I thought I should raise it in case this is not already known.

Rockphed
2017-04-06, 01:03 PM
If the problem is that the desired results are after January 31 of this year, then that is the same problem other people are having. I don't think any moderator comment has been made on the issue.

Kish
2017-04-06, 02:59 PM
Try google searching for "Giant in the Playground" "[the phrase I want]" "[the user I want]". That's the best you're likely to find until the site search engine is fixed.

Aedilred
2017-04-06, 05:08 PM
If the problem is that the desired results are after January 31 of this year, then that is the same problem other people are having. I don't think any moderator comment has been made on the issue.

That may well be part of the problem.

Try google searching for "Giant in the Playground" "[the phrase I want]" "[the user I want]". That's the best you're likely to find until the site search engine is fixed.

I guess I'll have to; thanks.

2D8HP
2017-04-07, 07:16 AM
I've noticed for a few days now at least that the search function....

For example; if you search for user "Aedilred", the latest post is:

this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21657742#post21657742).

So still nothing after January 31st, 2017.