PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Cleric VMC Wizard build idea

Azoth
2017-04-06, 03:20 AM
So I was thinking about a Cleric with Madness domain that VMCs Wizard for Void School. The idea is to combine School Strike with a Conductive Amulet of Mighty Fists. This will let Reveal Weakness (1/2CL as a penalty to AC&Saves) and Visions of Madness (-1/2 level to attack rolls/saves +1/2 level to skills). End Result is -level to saves, -1/2lvl to hit, -1/2 level to AC.

I know it is not a combo that can be used often. It also sets alot of feats on fire. The idea seems scary if you can pull it off though.

It is going to eat 2 of your few feats for Improved Unarmed Strike and School Strike. I was thinking maybe use Blood Crow Strike to deliver the Unarmed Strike at range so you don't need to be in melee with the intended target.

So is there an effective way to make this combo happen?

Shadowquad
2017-04-06, 04:12 AM
Both Improved Unarmed Strike and School Strike are Combat Feats. You can save two feat slots by putting them on weapons with the Training special property (say, for instance, gauntlets, since you plan to use unarmed strikes).

Apart from that, since Cleric is going to be your main class, it seems to indicate you're not going to polymorph much, and therefore would have little use for natural attacks. I think it would be better to stick with gauntlets instead of an Amulet of mighty fists ; the former are cheaper to enchant.

Edit: My bad, feats gained with the Training special ability can't be used to qualify for other feats, so it would only free the feat slot for School Strike. Still an improvement though.

Peat
2017-04-06, 05:32 AM
You can get Improved Unarmed Strike from a Deep Red Sphere ioun stone when set in a Wayfinder, if that counts but the Training ability on the weapon doesn't.

Florian
2017-04-06, 06:27 AM
I donīt think this can work, due to Reveal Weakness being a very specific SU power that, by itself, needs a standard action to activate. So School Strike is out.

Azoth
2017-04-06, 06:41 AM
8500GP for wayfinder + Deep Red Sphere

18,301gp for +1 Conductive, Training (School Strike) Gauntlet

26801GP total.

Feasible by levels 8-9 if you skimp on other items. Coincidentally, you don't gain access to Reveal Weakness and Blood Crow Strike until level 7. So not much longer a wait really.

Now, let's assume the Resonance effect works and we now have a means to not set more feats on fire just to trigger the combo.

What kind of build can we cobble together to make the most of this. I was thinking maybe a weapon finesse build so that we can dump strength entirely. Just downshift Armor as needed to allow for Max Dex bonus.

*Edit*

Benefit: When you gain this feat, choose one arcane school power that you can use to affect no more than one opponent. If you make a successful unarmed strike against an opponent, in addition to dealing your unarmed strike damage, you can use a swift action to deliver the effects of the chosen school power to that opponent. Doing so provokes no attacks of opportunity.

Reveal Weakness affects one opponent. It is an Arcane School Power. Thus is can be used as a swift action when the character successfully uses an Unarmed Strike.