PDA

View Full Version : Build Evaluation Please?

N0RKS
2017-04-06, 05:46 PM
Warforged
Str 16
Dex 14
Con 14
Int 14
Wis 10
Cha 8
1st: Barbarian (Bear Totem = toughness bonus feat, Ferocity ACF), toughness qualifies for Troll-Blooded feat granting regeneration 1
2nd: Monk (Decisive Strike ACF, Martial Monk ACF = Kung Fu Genius)
3rd: Ranger (Arcane Hunter ACF, Spiritual Connection ACF, Solitary Hunting ACF) Feat: Ascetic Hunter
4th: Ranger (Strong Arm Style = Power Attack bonus feat)
5th: Fighter (Bonus Feat = Hammer Fist, two handed unarmed strikes)
After that I think maybe you go Initiate of the Dragon Mysteries to pick up goodies like Evasion, Darkvision, Frightful Presence, Spell Resistance, and Increased Unarmed Damage. My DM signed off on Kung Fu genius as a fighter bonus feats.

Zancloufer
2017-04-06, 08:07 PM
So may I ask this: What is the purpose of your build? I don't really see much of a Focus.

Trading away fast movement for Toughness to get troll blooded: I mean Regeneration 1 is okay I suppose.

Martial Monk for Kung Fu Genius: WHY? I mean really WHY? If you dip 1 monk for a bonus feat and Decisive strike it's okay but fun fact: Decisive Strike doesn't require you to be unarmoured. Int to AC when unarmoured seems like a trap option if you can wear light armour.

Again Ascethic Hunter: WHY? Adding half your Favoured enemy bonus when trying to stun your favoured enemy. Okay so +1 since we only have the basic Favoured enemy, so if oyu are trying to Stun an arcane cast- Wait. You don't have stunning Fist. This feat is useless.

Strong arm Style/Hammer Fist: Combined with Decisive Strike it looks like we have a build idea: Hitting things really hard with two handed unarmed strikes. This is cool but and seems to be the only focus but you seem to stray away from this a lot for no reason.

Not sure about the future class options though. Things like Evasion and Darkvision don't sound like good for this build tbh and if you want more unarmed damage Suppiror Unarmed Strike is a level 6 feat iirc. Honestly you'd probably be better off going for some initiator dips or more Fighter/Barbarian levels.

Soranar
2017-04-06, 08:32 PM
Warforged
Str 16
Dex 14
Con 14
Int 14
Wis 10
Cha 8
1st: Barbarian (Bear Totem = toughness bonus feat, Ferocity ACF), toughness qualifies for Troll-Blooded feat granting regeneration 1
2nd: Monk (Decisive Strike ACF, Martial Monk ACF = Kung Fu Genius)
3rd: Ranger (Arcane Hunter ACF, Spiritual Connection ACF, Solitary Hunting ACF) Feat: Ascetic Hunter
4th: Ranger (Strong Arm Style = Power Attack bonus feat)
5th: Fighter (Bonus Feat = Hammer Fist, two handed unarmed strikes)
After that I think maybe you go Initiate of the Dragon Mysteries to pick up goodies like Evasion, Darkvision, Frightful Presence, Spell Resistance, and Increased Unarmed Damage. My DM signed off on Kung Fu genius as a fighter bonus feats.

Well I have a couple of questions

first, if I remember right hammer fist only works for dwarves
second, a barbarian must be chaotic, a monk must be lawful
3rd, stacking a thousand bonus feats does not make a build useful... you need more focus on a combat strategy: what are you trying to do exactly? For example, frightful presence is CHA based and you dumped CHA

Venger
2017-04-07, 12:09 AM
as the others have said, your build suffers from a lack of focus. you're all over the place.

it seems like you want to be a melee brute

since you took troll-blooded, I gather you're interested in hp damage immunity, and yet you have made no progress towards warforged juggernaut.

go lion totem barbarian 1/dungeoncrasher fighter 4/warforged juggernaut 5/frenzied berserker 10 instead and you'll be much better at the stuff you seem interested in doing.