PDA

View Full Version : Computer Guild Wars 2; old player looking to get back in.

Togath
2017-04-07, 01:15 AM
So after a four year break due to not having a good enough computer... I can finally play Guild Wars 2 again!.. Buuut I've kinda sorta forgotten how, on top of there being plenty of changes since 2013.
Any super massive things? Looks like most of my characters were in the 20-40 range. Sort of torn about if I should delete one or just save up gold for a slot later.
Edit: okay, given the birthday rewards, I think I'll keep my characters~

Derjuin
2017-04-07, 01:29 AM
So after a four year break due to not having a good enough computer... I can finally play Guild Wars 2 again!.. Buuut I've kinda sorta forgotten how, on top of there being plenty of changes since 2013.
Any super massive things? Looks like most of my characters were in the 20-40 range. Sort of torn about if I should delete one or just save up gold for a slot later.
Edit: okay, given the birthday rewards, I think I'll keep my characters~

I'm in the same boat, I stopped playing about a year-and-a-half-ish ago because the new content + aging computer parts would cause some overheating issues, and I really didn't want to give up the beautiful graphics in that game... anywho!

A lot of things have changed, sometimes massively. There have been a bunch of skill rebalances and new skill trees/weapons for certain classes; like, Necromancers can use greatswords now if I recall, and Rangers' shortbow range was reduced from like, 1200 to about 900. There's also raiding, and also a lot of quality-of-life improvements on map completion/fractals and also working towards legendary/ascended items. As salty as I am about legendaries being easier to get, admittedly it /is/ a better thing overall for them not to be so luck-based.

I've lost track of how many changes there have been, but at level 20-40, they shouldn't affect you too terribly much, except maaaybe the skill track/training changes? I can't quite recall how they changed as the characters I played had all their skills learned from before, so I didn't get to level up with it.

Togath
2017-04-07, 01:35 AM
One problem... is that I have no idea anymore what all of these birthday items do. Like, are pets and dyes activated for all of my characters? What about the fancy "been playing a long time" armor thing?
I also can't recall karma's use, or what spirit shards are.

Morty
2017-04-07, 06:40 PM
Pets and dyes apply to all characters ever. I'm not sure about the armour, but skins tend to be one-use. You need a transmutation charge afterwards. Karma and spirit shards are both special currencies.

There has been plenty of changes since 2013. If your characters are level 20-40, it might not be a bad idea to start over. Early levelling is a lot faster now, and you can use the birthday rewards on any character, like I said.

Togath
2017-04-08, 04:52 AM
Decided to start with relearning an engineer... Anyone know much about them? How good are the "kit" skills?

LovelyVulcan
2017-04-08, 06:33 PM
Decided to start with relearning an engineer... Anyone know much about them? How good are the "kit" skills?

Hello darling! I just became part of the game again about six months ago. Some help on some build creation is metabattle.com. They give full explanations of what works and why, also what armor and weapons you might want to shoot for. Also, another one is QTFY builds. Again more explanations and full videos on how to use your build and everything.

I personally don't know anything about an engineer, but I play often enough I would be happy to help you with your storyline or wherever you are at.

Have you played Heart of Thorns yet?