PDA

View Full Version : Eclipsa - A Savage Worlds Adventure

Deedeeminotaur
2017-04-07, 06:08 AM
In years gone by, the town of Widowridge has changed very little. Typical of a small farming village, the same six or seven families have resided locally for generations. Since Widowridge is situated on one of the roads leading to the nearby hub of Ironforge , The Bronze Oak is normally full of a mix of locals and passing traders. However, at this moment in time, the tavern contains six extraordinary people, inextricably linked together, although they don't know that yet. Evening in the tavern typically includes locals drinking too much ale and singing uproariously, elder folk trying to eat broth in a corner, and flustered barmaids attempting to accommodate everyone's requests. The atmosphere is rowdy, bawdy, and yet still friendly.

This is a chance for each PC to explain why they are in the tavern and perhaps perform an action when they do. If your action requires a roll (such as a notice roll), please roll on the other forum and copy and paste the result in. Please do not attempt to anticipate an NPC's reaction, explain what your character does or says and await the consequences (if any).

Lliryn
2017-04-07, 11:09 AM
Rejecting the traditional agricultural background of her Halfling kin, Moxy left her homeland in search of excitement and to satisfy her desire to possess all the shiny things. Her diminutive size and cautious nature caused her to keep clear of the more organised gangs of violent thieves and assassins in Eclipsa, and so far she has managed to avoid their notice. After heading to Widowridge in search of supplies, she spied a very well dressed cat man entering a tavern. Lured by the promise of pockets ripe for the picking, she followed him inside but after an unfortunate accident involving spilt ale and a crushed toe they end up introducing themselves and sharing a drink.

Pascal
2017-04-07, 11:31 AM
Pascals fine clothes fluttered in the wind as he entered The Bronze Oak , he had left the Twilight Isle and his people, the Rakshaka (Cat Men), some time ago to spread the good word of the God of Life, Vitus, and to bring joy to the Taverns of Eclipsa by telling stories and singing songs, Pascal hoped there may also be someone inside who could provide some milk of the poppy.

Tiran Irathorn
2017-04-14, 09:25 AM
Tiran lives a life alone in the wilderness, but there are some supplies that can only be found in town. It was during one of these trips for supplies that Tiran was walking past the tavern. As he glanced in, looking with disgust at the drunken patrons, Tiran saw the face of Lukos, the Hunter God, in the smoke above the fire. Not believing this to be mere chance, Tiran walked into the tavern.

nickht
2017-04-15, 03:13 PM
It has been a long while since Pelengil has had a drink. He has been on the road for days... Accompanied by his ever-loyal protector, Hatt Mawkins, Pelengil spots The Bronze Oak in the distance as the two of them arrive at the outskirts of Widowridge. He mutters something under his breath to Hatt, who knows exactly what he's referring to, and they head in the direction of the inn. Hatt helps Pelengil through the door, and his demeanour turns almost immediately from hunched and wizened, to tall and full of vigour... "Two of your finest meads, young man!" It is time for these loyal companions to share a well-deserved brew.

Hatt Mawkins
2017-04-16, 02:44 AM
Hatt hates inns. They're loud, noisy and full of people. The Bronze Oak wasn't any different. Hatt stands behind Pelengil at the bar, all too aware of the eyes lingering on his 7 foot tall frame, and his friend's coin purse...
Hatt hopes they don't stay long. Hatt hates inns...

hobbit-feet
2017-04-16, 09:19 AM
Witnessing a bar brawl getting out of hand Eddard Fisc stepped in to try and keep the peace, but in the process managed to upset some undesirable characters. Skipping town, laying low and relying on the earth's good grace was his solution. Fisc is not unfamiliar with surviving in the wild. But six days without a proper bed and board can take it out of even the hardiest of folk. A drop of of good ale and a warm hearth was just what he was looking for, any inn would have done. The Bronze Oak was perfect. Fisc sat down at the bar. “Barkeep! A pint of ale please… In a dirty glass.”

Hatt Mawkins
2017-04-16, 02:36 PM
Hatt's gaze lingers on the unsavoury types in the bar, his grip tight on the peasant flail at his side...

"I hate inns.." he mutters to himself.

Notice roll:
(1d4)[4](4)
(1d4)[4](4)
(1d4)[3](3)
Total : 11

Deedeeminotaur
2017-04-16, 07:19 PM
Whilst a very small number of folk in the tavern have weapons on them, they are only small knives that you might expect someone in the countryside to possess. Hatt's eyes glance across to the corner where a man wearing a cloak is sat alone. At the angle he is leaning on the table, Hatt can see under his cloak and he is nearly certainly unarmed. Among all the noise and bustling patrons, a few events stand out to those who are observant enough.

Although he was dancing and singing earlier, one patron, a hideously fat man has slipped into a drunken, drooling slumber. This in itself is not remarkable, but out of the corner of her eye, Moxy spotted a slightly younger (and thinner) man surreptitiously take the small knife that was tucked into his belt and sneak it away.

The landlord of the pub, a middle-aged human, takes an interest in Hatt. In good humour he greets the towering half-ogre with "Evening fella', you're a big one, 'aint ya?". He's a friendly enough man, but he whistles over a couple of his patrons to "check out the size of this lad". A couple of the other patrons are beginning to look.

Eddard hears a rowdy drunk bragging to 3 (considerably younger) girls that he stumbled across a sizeable windfall recently. They feign some interest as he has bought their last few drinks. The girls keep referring to him as Jud.

Here I've made some 'behind screen' rolls (and incorporated Ed's very successful notice roll) and set up a few bits of possibly helpful information or possible role play opportunities. Entirely up to you how you act on these. Remember; you don't all know each other yet. Everyone should have an opportunity to post before making a second post. If you wish to take no action, no problem, just let me know that you would like me to proceed. If you feel there is an opportunity to use a skill, roll it anyway and we'll see if it applies. Remember to put it in spoiler text.

Hatt Mawkins
2017-04-17, 01:50 AM
Hatt briefly catches the landlord's eye before his eyes dart to the floor. He reaches out and tugs softly on his old friends sleeve.

"Pel?.."

Tiran Irathorn
2017-04-17, 06:22 AM
Threading his way through the crowd, Tiran longed to be back in the wilderness. For him, the atmosphere of the tavern, which would probably be friendly and welcoming for most, was oppressive. Tiran tried to find a seat as far away from anyone else as possible. He did not know why Lukos had directed him here, or even if it was Lukos at all. As he spent more time thinking about it Tiran began to question whether he had seen anything at all. Lighting a pipe Tiran settled into quiet contemplation. He could not be sure that it was Lukos, but at the same time he could not say for definite that it wasn't. It was not for him to question the ways of the Gods and if there was a chance a sign had been sent to him, Tiran knew he could not disregard it. He decided to stay, watching and listening. At least for now.

hobbit-feet
2017-04-19, 01:06 PM
A couple of pints down now with and with his fatigue leaving him somewhat, he listened intently to Jud's boasts. Having not received that sort of attention from any young girls for some time he became annoyed with Jud's apparent silver tongue, slurred though though it was. A sudden rush of confidence, lubricated by the ale of course, he decided to confront Jud.

Fisc stood up quickly, so abruptly in fact that he knocked over his stool. A few people sitting nearby stopped their joviality and glanced at him. Embarrassed now but managing to mask it, he strode over to Jud intending to intimidate him. Realising that he had lost his edge by knocking over his chair, he changed tact. "Tell me stranger, how'd you get so lucky"... Fisc gestured with two fingers to the bartender. "Keep 'em coming! This round is on my lucky friend here". Pushing his luck, he smiled affably at jud.

nickht
2017-04-20, 12:59 PM
Pelengil, sensing Hatt's discomfort, looks for a distraction... He doesn't have to search for long before he notices a wobbly Eddard Fisc approaching Jud.

"Here, barkeep... I'd keep an eye on those young'uns if I were you."

Immediately, the landlord turns and glares at the Eddard and Jud, while simultaneously doing his best to smile at the young ladies. "Keep 'em coming! This round is on my lucky friend here," the man with the eye patch declares. The other patrons are distracted too.

"Lets get back to our brew, pal." Hatt is relieved to be the least of anyone's worries. Pelengil is intrigued by the congregation in the corner.

Pascal
2017-04-20, 04:22 PM
"What a charming place this is my halfling friend" Pascal said loudly to his new friend Moxy .

Deedeeminotaur
2017-04-20, 05:23 PM
Jud turns to Eddard and sizes him up for a second. Torn between spending money on a stranger and losing face in front of his female companions, he pauses before tentatively agreeing. He speaks with a rural accent and in a loud voice amplified by the volume of alcohol he has evidently consumed.

"Aye, this one's on me Tomos. Well friend, I won't bore you with the details, but it seems the Gods were smiling upon me. I found something valuable. Not valuable to me, but valuable to the men who turned up at my house next day. Can you believe my luck?"

Just then the door slams wide open. This may have gone unnoticed in the crowded pub were it not for the fact that the heavy oak door caught a barmaid with a trayful of drinks. Thankfully the barmaid is no worse for wear, which is more than can be said for the man who burst through the door. He is sweating, panting and covered in scratches and bruises. The tavern goes silent whilst Tomos the landlord helps the barmaid to her feet and friends of the new arrival crowd around to assist him. He manages a few words between staggered breaths.

"Goblins...at...top of the hill...coming this way...what will we...do?"

Looking around at the inebriated and peaceful folk in the tavern, there isn't much chance of finding anyone local to help. Tomos, as the most sober person present, addresses the tavern in desperation.

"Is there any man in this tavern who can help us?"

Whilst the PCs don't currently all know each other, this is a possible cause to unite them for the first time. Remember if you want to do something that might require a roll, roll it in the other forum (follow Ed's excellent example) then stick it in the spoiler text.

Behind the scenes: For Jud and Eddard's interaction, I rolled a disposition roll and since he took to Eddard fairly well, there was no need for a persuasion roll from Eddard as Jud was forthcoming with the information.

Any questions, please ask on WhatsApp.

Hatt Mawkins
2017-04-21, 02:23 AM
Without a word Hatt unshoulders his travel pack. Leaving the pack at Pelengil's feet he calmly walks over to the door, gently moving the newly arrived gentleman out of the way he closes and latches the door.
With the ease of a child pulling a wooden horse Hatt drags a large table in front of the door, flail still gripped in his other hand.
Task complete Hatt sits on a stool with a view out of a front facing window.
He sits in silence.
Strength check:
(1d10)[9](9)

Tiran Irathorn
2017-04-21, 04:41 PM
Before making any decisions about whether to help, Tiran tries to recall whether goblins are local to this area or not...

Smarts roll:

(1d8)[6](6)

Pascal
2017-04-22, 08:55 AM
Pascal jumped up on the table he was sat at with Moxy

"I have an idea...that just might work... perhaps we could become friends with the Goblins? Why not invite them in for a drink?" he shouted to the Tavern Patrons

Pascal sat back down, he knew there MUST be a way to stop the Goblins without resorting to violence

(1D8)[5](5)

Persuasion roll for Tavern

Lliryn
2017-04-22, 11:59 AM
Moxy rolled her eyes at Pascal and glanced at the panicked locals. The landlord looked relieved after the giant had stepped in to barricade the door. Clearly these rural folk wouldn't understand combat to be anything more subtle than bashing someone's skull in with a blunt instrument. They'd likely laugh in her face if she offered to help. Instead she quietly slipped away from the table and looked towards the back of the room for a place to keep out of sight. The arrangement of furniture would provide some good cover and the nearby window offered a quick escape if she should need it.

Agility roll: 13

nickht
2017-04-26, 04:43 PM
"Here, listen up folks! Who here can fight?" Pelengil enquired "If it comes to it, we will need all able-bodied folk, man or woman, to help me and my pal Hatt with those pests!" he declares as he points at his friend by the window.

Out of the corner of his eye, he notices a female halfling skulking off towards the back of the Inn. "I say lass! Where d'you think you're going!? Can you help us or not?"

Intimidation check:

(1d6)[4](4)

hobbit-feet
2017-04-27, 05:02 PM
Fisc, now deep in conversation with Jud turned his attention to the commotion occurring at the door of the inn. He notices a boisterous old gentleman attempting to rally volunteers and tiny little woman moving into a position away from him.

His instinct after hearing such a heartening speech was to respond with help. Glancing back at Jud apologetically, he approached the loud gentleman addressing the room. As Fisc did so the man spoke again, this time shouting at the half-person. The tone of the mans voice had changed from urgency to annoyance, Fisc stopped.

“Calm down y’old coot! If it does truly come to that then we’ll have to fight, right?” Fisc yammered, downing what was left of his ale. Smashing his glass to the floor with one hand and resting on the pommel of his sword with the other, he concluded “let ‘em pissing come! I'm ready!”

Wild drunk roll
(1d6)[6](6)

Hatt Mawkins
2017-04-28, 02:15 AM
At the sound of a raised voice Hatt looked around, seeing the situation he stood up to his full height and started to move towards the one-eyed man approaching his friend.
When the man smashed his glass on the floor and put his hand on the hilt of his sword Hatt took 3 quick steps to place himself in front of Pelengil. He raised his flail, ready to fight, a grim snarl on his lips..

Deedeeminotaur
2017-04-28, 07:17 PM
"Listen to me!" booms Tomos in a roaring voice that defies his small frame. Drawing himself up to his full (and unimpressive) 5 1/2 feet, he addresses Pascal, Hatt, Eddard and Pelengil. "These are Goblins and they can't be reasoned with, they have raided and pillaged our village for years and anyone in this tavern will tell you we would rather die than share a drink with 'em. There are a few of you in this here tavern tonight who look like you can handle yourselves, so we beg of you, please put a stop to them. We'll be in the back room, hiding, like always".

Tiran, having frequently seen Goblins roaming the woods near Widowsridge, knew how relentless they could be and how severe this is for the people of Widowsridge.

The patrons of the pub, broken and dejected, and already used to the routine, shuffle through the door behind the bar to a door hidden behind a stack of barrels. Suddenly, there is a banging on the door. The commotion in the pub has allowed the goblins to sneak right up to the door. The table propped against the door will hold them whilst anyone fighting gets into position.

The Goblins succeeded in a sneak roll against you (I gave you a -1 penalty for the commotion in the pub), so they got right up to the door. This is the map you will use: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Efywo97pOcpdFTWtEutP2NXX5OFRPE3Ow8gyl7ezemg/edit?usp=sharing . Temporarily bookmark this one as you will use it for this combat. You CAN edit it. Follow the instructions on the presentation notes. Please ask if you have a question. Initiative is as follows:

Ed - Ace of Diamonds
Goblins - King of Clubs
Kate - 10 of Hearts
George - 10 of Diamonds
Nick - 9 of Clubs
Declan - 6 of Spades
Zach - 5 of Spades

Ed will take his turn first, then I will move all the Goblins, then Kate, George, Nick, Declan and Zach. Don't forget; you can choose to go on hold.

Pascal
2017-04-29, 01:17 AM
Pascal stood upon the table again and addressed the remaining people in the room

"This is strange indeed, it appears we are fated to fight these goblins, it feels as though we have no choice in the matter, almost as if some other power is at work here making it impossible to avoid this fight no matter what we try...Alas I am no warrior... I will hide in the back with the others who cannot fight and provide you with medical attention should you survive' .

Pascal hopped down from the table, although he feared for his life he was confident that his God, Vitus, was not finished with him yet, he would not die this day.

"Good luck big guy" Pascal said to Hatt ...Pascal began to walk towards the back room where the others were hiding.

Hatt Mawkins
2017-04-29, 02:59 AM
Hatt nods to Pascal as he walks past, he then turns to Pelengil.
"This isn't our fight Pel. The people here will be safe in the back, seems like they always are. I don't wanna risk your and my skin for a few broken stools and some stolen beer. There's bound to be a back door here somewhere, what'dya say?.."

Hatt moves to stand between Pelengil and the door, flail at the ready.

Hold turn until goblins enter the bar

Deedeeminotaur
2017-04-30, 01:03 PM
The goblins, puny though they are, aggressively attack the barricade. Inside, the heroes can hear the sound of goblin swords striking first through the door and then biting into the wooden table. When the table gives way, two goblins with shortswords burst into the room followed by a small throng of goblins armed with shortbows. The goblins quickly take aim and three of them hurriedly fire arrows at Tiran. All three shots are rushed and are way wide of their mark, one goblin even managing to drop the bow in his rush! An arrow from a more level-headed fourth goblin glances Hatt but the half-ogre is totally unharmed by the accurate, but weak arrow fired by the goblin. With six goblins in the tavern, and presumably more outside, the heroes are in the thick of it.

Goblins 1-4 have shortswords
Goblins 5-8 have bows drawn and shortswords sheathed

Goblin 1 fighting roll against table C8 (d6) = 1 (critical fail - as clubs is the action card, goblin is shaken)
Goblin 1 moves to A7 - 11/2"
Goblin 2 fightroll against table C9 (d6) = 3
Goblin 2 damage roll (d4+d6) = 5 - (no damage)
Goblin 2 moves to A8 - 11/2"
Goblin 3 moves to B9 - 2"
Goblin 3 attack roll against table C9 (d6) = 7
Goblin 3 damage roll (d4+d6) = 6 (table C9 destroyed)
Goblin 3 moves to F9 - 4"
Goblin 4 moves to D8 - 6"
Goblin 5 moves to E11 - 51/2"
Goblin 5 attacks Tiran (medium range, -2 penalty)
Goblin 5 shooting roll (d6) = 1 (miss)
Goblin 6 moves to F10 - 6"
Goblin 6 attacks Tiran (medium range, -2 penalty)
Goblin 6 shooting roll (d6) = 1 (critical fail - as clubs is the action card, bow drops out of Goblin's hands)
Goblin 7 moves to C12 - 6"
Goblin 7 attacks Tiran (medium range, -2 penalty)
Goblin 7 shooting roll (d6) = 1 (miss)
Goblin 8 moves to E7 - 6"
Goblin 8 attacks Hatt (short range, no penalty)
Goblin 8 shooting roll (d6) = 8 (hit and raise)
Goblin 8 damage roll (3d6) = 4 (no damage)

Hatt is on hold, but it would be Kate's turn next. No roll needed to interrupt Kate's turn, just permission.

Hatt Mawkins
2017-04-30, 02:24 PM
Hatt flinches as the goblin arrow strikes him in the chest, with one meaty forearm he brushes the crude arrow out of his thick leather chest piece.
With a low growl he swings up his long flail and charges into the fray, all thought of retreat banished from his mind.
Casting his flail wide in an arcing sweep in front of him; the heavy, studded head skims over the head of the first goblin, grazes from the breastplate of the second before striking the third goblin in the temple. It fell without a sound into a pile on the floor.
Hatt growls again and raises his flail ready for another attack.

Move: J6 to E8 - 6"

Vs 8:
Attack - (1d8)[2](2)
Wild - (1d6)[4](4)

Vs 4:
Attack - (1d8)[5](5)
Wild - (1d6)[3](3)

Vs 3:
Attack - (1d8)[2](2)
Wild - (1d6)[6](6) - Ace - (1d6)[3](3)

All at -2 for sweeping (one of my edges)

Damage Vs goblin 3:
(1d10)[9](9)
(1d6)[1](1)

Lliryn
2017-05-01, 11:19 AM
The time for hiding was over, decisive action was now Moxy's best chance of surviving this fight. The goblins and some adventurers that had remained in the bar to help looked on as the giant swung his flail in their midst. Scurrying between the tables, Moxy sprinted to get in range for a well-thrown dagger, skidding to a halt next to a man with an eye patch. In her haste, the point of the blade snagged on a old cleaning rag hanging off the end of one of the tables. She swung her arm and with a flick of the wrist sent the dagger spinning towards the nearest goblin. Her aim was true, but blunted by the cloth the dagger splatted into the face of the beast, leaving it sodden with a mix of stale beer and grime from the hands of the inn's patrons but otherwise unharmed.

Move 6" plus Run roll to L10:
(1d6)[6](6)

Throwing:
(1d8)[8](8)

Wild die:
(1d6)[1](1)

Throwing Ace:
(1d8)[4](4)

Damage roll Vs. goblin 6:
(2d4)[1][3](4)

And some minuses that Matt was telling me about but I've forgotten what they were - rest assured all moves have been authorised and validated by the DM.

Pascal
2017-05-01, 05:15 PM
Pascal turned to see the Goblins burst in, although he refused to fight he knew his God, Vitus, would frown upon him if he refused to help the group of strangers defending the Tavern. Pascal saw one of the uglier looking Goblins notching an arrow onto his bow, he acted fast" Taste my magic foul creature!". Pascal shot a beam of light out of his eyes straight into the ugly Goblins eyes, the Goblin fell to the floor clutching at his face.

Blinding Flash

(1d8)[7](7)

(1d6)[6](6)

Wild Die re roll (1d6)[5](5)

Hit Goblin 6, Blinded and Shaken

nickht
2017-05-07, 03:45 PM
Pelengil was in an excellent position to assess the scene... Hatt has his hands full with two goblins by the door, but can handle them. He casts his eye to the left and sees a group of three goblins, who have peeled off in the direction of the gang by the bar...

"Time for some sweet justice..." Pelengil mutters to himself. He begins to swirl his hands, allowing a small ball of energy to form. With a thrust, it darts across the inn, spinning violently as it moves and grows. The room gets dark and breezy, as if the roof has been torn off, and small crackles of lightning hit each of the goblins freezing them in place... they appear to be rattled. [I]"That should hold them for a while!" Pelengil declares, to no-one in particular.

Spell-casting roll:
(1d10)[7](7)

Wild die:
(1d6)[6](6)

Ace roll on wild die:
(1d6)[2](2)

Goblin C12 Vigour roll:
(1d6)[3](3)

Goblin E11 Vigour roll:
(1d6)[5](5)

Goblin F10 Vigour roll:
(1d6)[3](3)

hobbit-feet
2017-05-08, 05:09 PM
As the goblins burst through the door of the Inn, Fisc's gusto rose. He swelled with a feeling of alarm, coupled with a sense of duty. 'It's time to prove my worth' he thought to himself. Just then, the halfling Moxy brushed up aside him and proceeded to impale one of the approaching goblins in the face with a throwing knife.

A violent sound echoes around the bar, as the man he heard people calling Pel casts a shocking blow to the foes in front of him. Spotting his chance to engage, Fisc sprints to one of the goblins. Drawing his sword in the approach, he lands a killing blow across the chest of the horrible wretch. "You little prick!" The emboldened worrior shouts, as the sword leaves the goblins body and sprays blood across the floorboards.

Attack Roll
(1d8)[4](4)
(1d6)[5](5)

Damage Roll
(1d8)[5](5)
(1d6)[2](2)

Tiran Irathorn
2017-05-17, 04:38 AM
Tiran dashed behind the cover of the bar.

movement to N12

One there he knocked an arrow to his bow before letting it fly towards the goblins....

total shooting roll 16. Directed to goblin 7

The arrow flew straight and true....

damage - (2d8)[6][7](13)

After the sorcerer had frozen it in place the goblin was an easy target. The arrow embedded itself in the goblin's throat. The goblin itself fell against the wall before falling to the ground dead.

Looking around at the battle, something did not seem right to Tiran. He called to the others,

"Be careful. Goblins normally travel in much bigger groups than this. We may need to be wary of a second attack".

With that Tiran drew another arrow, ready to strike again

Hatt Mawkins
2017-05-17, 09:13 AM
Hatt lashes out towards the two goblins in front of him with a backswing, the first goblin ducks under the head of his flail, the second jumps back beyond it's reach before closing in once more.

Hatt doesn't like this, they are too small and too fast, Hatt doesn't like it!

Upon hearing an unknown voice calling a warning behind him, Hatt glances back to his old friend, he might struggle to hit these puny, gnashing creatures but he would keep his friend safe. He steps back towards Pelengil, raising the shaft of his flail in front of him, barring the path and daring the goblins to try and pass him.

Sweep (all attacks at -2)

Attack Vs goblin 4:
(1d8)[3](3)
Wild:
(1d6)[4](4)

Attack Vs goblin 8:
(1d8)[5](5)
Wild:
(1d6)[4](4)

Spending 2 bennies!

Sweep (all attacks at -2)

Attack Vs goblin 4:
(1d8)[2](2)
Wild:
(1d6)[4](4)

Attack Vs goblin 8:
(1d8)[3](3)
Wild:
(1d6)[3](3)

MOVE: E8 to F7 - 6'

Deedeeminotaur
2017-05-17, 04:14 PM
The goblins have realised that this fight wasn't going to be the usual, easy, 'plunder whilst the villagers hide' routine they had been accustomed to, but their desire for stealing still outweighed their cowardice and they prepare themselves to continue into the fray. Four more goblins who were nearby in the village have spotted their friends aren't all dead yet and have decided to join in with the greater numbers.

Ace of spades - Nick
King of spades - Ed
Queen of hearts - Zach
Jack of spades - Kate
9 of spades - George
9 of diamonds - Goblins
6 of clubs - Declan

Nick, your turn is next.

nickht
2017-05-23, 07:14 AM
Pelengil, spotting the opportunity that Hatt has afforded him, runs to the right of the big man. He stops, sets himself for a second, and proceeds to unleash a mighty blast of focussed light. "Nnnnnnggggaaaahhhhh" he screams, as he directs the beam into the goblins troubling Hatt...

The room goes white... A high pitched noise gets steadily louder until it becomes piercing and the room around Pelengil becomes visible again... SMASH! He's back in the room, the fight raging around him.

Movement: K5 to H8

Sunlight Rage spellcasting roll (-1 penalty):
(1d10)[8](8)

Wild die roll (-1 penalty):
(1d6)[6](6)

Goblin 8 agility roll:
(1d6)[5](5)

Goblin 4 agility roll:
(1d6)[5](5)

Sunlight Rage damage roll:
(2d10)[1][4](5)

Wild die roll:
(1d6)[6](6)

Tiran Irathorn
2017-05-27, 10:03 AM
Tiran surveyed the battle in front of him. The one-eyed man dealt a killing blow to the goblin in front of him, but there was another not far away. Even though the goblin seemed to be blinded by the strange magic wielded by the Rakahsa, there was no telling how long this would last.

Standing still for a moment, the bow that Tiran held began to glow. Lines of blue fire traced their way along its length. Tiran lined up a shot. Releasing the arrow it flew towards the goblin, straight through its heart. Another goblin lay dead.

Shooting roll:

(1d6)[4](4) (+2 aim due to magic edge)

Damage roll:

(2d8)[8][1](9)

Lliryn
2017-05-28, 06:40 AM
Moxy spied her dagger in a puddle with the cloth next to one of the slain goblins. Darting forward, she snatched it up and backed away from the door, an eye on the goblins still in the room, cautious of the archer's warning.

Run roll: (1d6)[3](3)

Move to F10, then to H11

Pascal
2017-05-29, 07:37 AM
As Pascal watched the Goblin writhe on the floor, he suddenly felt guilt wash over him, he looked around and saw the carnage ensuing around him, battle was not in his nature, he looked back at the Goblin squirming on the floor clutching at his eyes "Poor little bastard..." he turned and shouted towards Tiran who was nearby "Bowman! come to me if you need any healing after the battle" Pascal scuppered off to the back of the room.

Deedeeminotaur
2017-05-29, 02:18 PM
"Dere in 'ere boys". The nasal plea for help is accompanied by an arrow launched at Pelengil which strikes the elderly wizard in the shoulder. The shot is rushed and glances him, although the power from the arrow sends the frail man reeling. Another goblin rushes to Hatt and a clumsy strike from the Goblin's sword is effortlessly parried by the big half-ogre. Meanwhile, the other Goblins crowd the door in a senseless rush to get into the scrap. Upon entering the room, the goblins seem a little more cautious. A combination of cowardice and crude arithmetic prowess force the goblins to pause for a beat whilst they assess if they still outnumber their attackers.

I rolled these with real dice as it would take like 15 forum posts in a big battle.

Goblin 8 attacks Pelengil
Goblin 8 shooting roll (d6 - no penalty for short range) = 5
Goblin 8 damage roll (2d6) = 8 (a success - shaken)
Goblin 8 moves to C7 (2")

Goblin 4 moves to G6 (4 1/2")
Goblin 4 attacks Hatt
Goblin 4 fighting roll (d6) = 2

Goblin 1 is shaken
Goblin 1 spirit roll to remove 'shaken' (d6) = 4
Goblin 1 moves to F9 (6")

Goblin 2 moves to E9 (4 1/2")

Goblin 9 moves to C9 (6")

Goblin 10 moves to B9 (6")

Goblin 11 moves to B8 (5")

Goblin 12 moves to A9 (6")

Pelengil is 'shaken'! Nick, on your next turn, you need to roll your spirit (d8 + wild die) and on a success or raise you may act normally. If you fail, you can move up to half your pace and nothing else. You can spend a benny to automatically remove 'shaken'.

nickht
2017-06-12, 03:27 PM
"Sheeeesh," Pelengil grimaced as he inhaled sharply. Without looking, he touched his shoulder... it was merely a flesh wound!

As he got back to his feet, he looked up to see the back of a big, oily ****er engaged with Hatt... Stepping backwards, Pelengil prepared himself for another blast of Sunlight Rage. "Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!" he screamed as the beam made a perfect connection this time.

The goblin's death knell had been sounded, oddly reminiscent of a guttural yet howling scream.

G5 to G4
_____

Spirit roll (to check if still shaken):
(1d8)[4](4)

Wild roll:
(1d6)[5](5)
_____

Sunlight Rage spellcasting roll (-1 penalty):
(1d10)[9](9)

Wild die roll (-1 penalty):
(1d6)[2](2)
_____

Goblin 4 agility roll:
(1d6)[2](2)
_____

Sunlight Rage damage roll:
(2d10)[7][3](10)

Pascal
2017-06-16, 05:42 PM
Pascal sent a prayer to his god Vitus, he hoped his new best friends would win the battle.

Tiran Irathorn
2017-06-27, 04:40 PM
After watching a goblin wound the old man, Tiran could feel his rage building. Knocking another arrow he fired it at the goblin which managed to get the lucky shot off. The arrow knocked the goblin straight off its feet knocking it to the ground. It looked wounded, but it was still breathing

Shooting at goblin 8

Wild die

(1D6)[5]

Damage roll*

(2d8)[8][4](12)

Hatt Mawkins
2017-06-28, 03:36 AM
Seeing the goblin hit the ground Hatt seized the opportunity, he rushed forward and brought his flail down in a high arc, the flail hit the goblin with a dull, wet thud - as the heavy, studded head caved in the goblins chest Hatt realised the goblin had already been dead.
Hatt growled at the wretched creature before glancing behind himself.
"Sir Cat-man! It's very rude to leave a fight once it's started." Called Hatt over his shoulder.
"If nort else at least throw something!" He grumbled.

Move: F7 to D7 - 2"
Attack Vs goblin 8

(1d8)[1](1)
Wild
(1d6)[2](2)

Deedeeminotaur
2017-06-28, 04:50 PM
As one goblin expires from his wounds with a pathetic squeal, the others nearby hesitate just for a moment and look visibly uncertain. The bravest of the remaining goblins throws himself forward at Moxy and his sudden bravado pays off as he lands a dangerous blow with his shortsword across her midriff; the halfling is sent reeling by the savage attack. The other goblins find some courage and surge forward with their shortswords, relentlessly swinging at the nearby Fisc and Hatt. The first goblin's attack appears to be a fluke though, as the remaining goblins' attacks are easily parried and dodged by the two experienced fighters.

Zach, your 12 damage should have easily shaken then slain goblin 8 as you rolled a raise above his toughness. I let him expire from his wounds.

Goblin 1 moves to H10 = 2+1/2"
Goblin 1 attacks Moxy
Goblin 1 fighting roll = 10 (6a+4 - hit)
Goblin 1 damage roll = 10 (6a+1+3 - shaken and a wound)

Goblin 2 moves to F10 = 1+1/2"
Goblin 2 attacks Fisc
Goblin 2 fighting roll = 2 (miss)

Goblin 9 moves to E11 = 3"
Goblin 9 attacks Fisc
Goblin 9 fighting roll = 4 (3+1 gangup bonus - miss)

Goblin 10 moves to E7 = 4"
Goblin 10 attacks Hatt
Goblin 10 attack roll = 2 (miss)

Goblin 11 moves to E8 = 4"

Goblin 12 moves to D8 = 3+1/2"
Goblin 12 attacks Hatt
Goblin 12 fighting roll = 5 (4+1 gangup bonus - miss)

hobbit-feet
2017-06-29, 05:26 PM
Feeling the heat of the surrounding goblins Fisc turns to the slithering little green turd to the left of him and aggressively lashes out with his blade. Landing a hit to it but losing his footing simultaneously he fails to make a killing blow.

'If only i hadn't had quite so many ales' he thought to himself. He turns back to his newfound comrades "Alright lets pissing 'ave 'em then!". Hoping he would inspire some more gusto among them.

Attacking Goblin 2
(1d8)[7](7)
(1d6)[1](1)

Attack Damage:

(1d8)[3](3)
(1d6)[2](2)

Lliryn
2017-07-02, 09:20 AM
Reeling from the goblin's attack, Moxy regains her balance. She lashes out ineffectively with her daggers and backs away, clutching at the wound left by the goblin's shortsword.

Spirit roll to recover shaken:
(1d6)[2](2)
(1d6)[5](5)

Fighting roll with modifiers - failed against goblin's parry:
(2d10)[2][2](4)
(2d6)[1][4](5)

Move H11 to M10

Pascal
2017-07-11, 05:14 PM
Pascal rushed over to the rude, wounded Halfling, he didn't like her but he had to help, "HEALING BOMB HEEEEEEE YAAAAA!" the blast healed Moxy. Pascal then turned his head towards the battle by the front door, "Don't kill them if you don't have to, they could still be turned into friends!".

(1d8)[5](5)

[roll1]

HEALING BOMB MOTHER ****ERS
(1d8)[5](5)

RAISE **** WANK PISS PISS

hobbit-feet
2017-07-11, 05:29 PM
Fisc notices a small crowd of disgusting little goblins gathered around him. Feeling the aggression he takes another swing at the stumbling one to his left. "AAAARRRGH! Just die... DIE!" In his still drunken haze he swings for the squirming loathsome scum, and misses entirely. Fisc felt emasculated and embarrassed, but prepped himself for another attack.

(1d8)[2](2)
(1d6)[2](2)

Hatt Mawkins
2017-07-12, 02:17 AM
Hatt panics, now surrounded by goblins and cut off from his allies, most importantly Pelengil.
Hatt swings his flail with all his might, casting it in a wide arc, if nothing else just trying to create some space between himself and the gibbering fiends.
The first two goblins managed to jump back out of the way of the deadly sweep, the third did not, the heavy flail head crashing into it's torso with a sickening thud, knocking it to the ground, it twitched for a moment then stilled, it's ribcage crushed, ribs sticking out through the skin, it's blood seeping out onto the floor of the tavern.
Hatt grunts in approval before bringing his flail up in front of him, ready to defend.

Sweep attack Vs 10, 11 and 12
(All results at -2 for sweeping)

Vs 10:
Attack - (1d8)[8](8) ACE (1d8)[7](7) = 8+7-2 = 13
Wild - (1d6)[2](2)

Vs 11:
Attack - (1d8)[4](4)
Wild - (1d6)[1](1)

Vs 12:
Attack - (1d8)[3](3)
Wild - (1d6)[4](4)

Damage vs 10:
(1d6)[4](4)
(1d10)[5](5)
Raise from attack: (1d8)[4](4)
Second raise from attack: (1d8)[2](2)
= 4+5+4+2 = 15 goblin 10 dead

Lliryn
2017-07-14, 02:10 PM
Moxy nods gratefully to the cat man and draws a dagger. Taking a step forward she takes careful aim at the nearest goblin. The creature stumbles as the blade punches through it's grubby clothing.

Move to K10

Throwing:
(1d8)[4](4)

Wild die:
(1d6)[4](4)

Dagger damage vs. Goblin 1:
(2d4)[2][3](5)

Tiran Irathorn
2017-07-17, 11:21 AM
Taking aim at another goblin, Tiran let another arrow loose. Silently, the goblin dropped dead.

Tiran looked around at the goblin corpses and those still fighting. When will this nightmare end?, he wondered.

shooting at Goblin 1

wild die
(1d6)[6](6)
Wild die ace roll
(1d6)[2](2)

damage
(2d8)[8][7](15)

Deedeeminotaur
2017-07-19, 12:58 PM
The goblins, now realising they are outnumbered and outmatched, decide that fleeing for their lives is the better option rather than continue to engage the skillful fighters. Whilst one goblin flees out of the door an into the night, the other three make an amateur mistake and turn their backs on their opponents ready to escape...

Goblin group roll for fear (spirit) = 2 (fail)

Goblins flee

Goblins 2 and 9 attempt to move away eliciting a free attack on each from Eddard.

Goblin 12 attempts to move away eliciting a free attack from Hatt.

Goblin 11 uses the run action and gets a 6. Goblin 11 runs off the map at a8 (6").

Hatt Mawkins
2017-07-19, 03:18 PM
Hatt makes a clumsy swing at the retreating goblin but the wretched creature was too quick for him, he hit nothing but air.

Attack of opportunity on goblin 12:
(1d8)[3](3)
(1d6)[3](3) - wild

Deedeeminotaur
2017-07-19, 05:18 PM
The snivelling goblin shrieks as it flees in terror from the merciless half-ogre. This was the worthless creature's lucky day.

The goblin escapes off of the map at a9 (4 1/2")

Deedeeminotaur
2017-07-26, 04:36 PM
Eddard swings his blade at one of the two fleeing goblins, cutting the defenseless beast down easily. The goblin dies without a sound. His second blow glances off the shoulders of the other fleeing goblin who scurries out of the pub, whimpering all the way. The goblins are all dead or routed and the party can breathe after this brief encounter. Tomos, the landlord, pokes his head round the door to the back room and cautiously looks around.

"Is it safe to come out, friends?"

Hatt Mawkins
2017-07-27, 02:58 AM
Seeing the final, pitiful goblins scurry out of the inn Hatt dropped his flail to the floor with a clatter. Reaching up and rubbing his face with his hands he took a deep breath before turning and fixing the innkeeper with a contemptuous look.
Weak. Hatt thought to himself.
Hatt moved to the door, kicking limp goblin corpses aside with a booted foot, he upturned the remaining table there and shoved it to better block the doorway.
"You alright Pel?" Hatt asked, looking to his old friend.

Lliryn
2017-08-08, 01:38 AM
Moxy retrieved her dagger from beside the body of the dead goblin, giving the dirty creature a prod with her toe. Although she would have preferred to avoid a fight she was grateful to the other adventurers for their help - her own attempts at combat had been embarrassingly poor. She wiped the dagger on the goblin's rags and stored it with the others.

Pascal
2017-08-15, 06:27 PM
Pascal walked gingerly over to one of the dying goblins, "You poor young goblin boy" Pascal sent a prayer to Vitus in hopes that the goblins suffering came to an end soon.

Pascal glanced over towards Tomos and smiled a cheeky grin "Bring your people out Tomos me and my new best friends have protected your Tavern". Pascal turned towards the ranger Tiran "Ranger, lets have an Ale, I have a story to tell you, one that will bring a smile to even your grim and sullen looking face, in fact why don't you ALL YOU HEROES come over and listen, I promise it is a tale worth hearing.".

Deedeeminotaur
2017-08-26, 07:42 AM
One by one, the townspeople cautiously emerge from the backroom. Tomos approaches Pascal looking tiredly relieved.

"The drinks are on me, your valiant crew have done us a great service. We were very fortunate that a roving band of adventurers was in our little pub tonight."

The villagers, plagued by goblin attacks for countless years don't know how to react. Some silently sit contemplating their lives now. Some celebrate raucously and start to bring about the atmosphere from before the attack. Many of the locals make their way over to the heroes of the hour in country-bumpkin awe.

Tiran Irathorn
2017-09-01, 03:59 PM
While pleased to have helped the towns folk, Tiran knew that the small band of goblins was not the reason Lukos had brought him here. However, the thought of a free ale was appealing to him and soon thoughts and questions about Lukos drifted from Tiran's mind. Although he did not like to admit it to himself he was also intrigued by the promises of the cat-man. Looking to Tomos, Tiran shouted, "Inn keep, prepare me an ale". He then went to collect his arrows from the corpses of the goblins.

Once this had been done he walked to the bar and stood next to the cat-man. Clapping him on the back Tiran introduced himself.

"Well met, my friend. My name is Tiran. Come, share a drink with me. I would like to hear more of your story..."

Hatt Mawkins
2017-09-06, 02:06 AM
Hatt keeps his eye on the quiet form of his friend but takes a few steps towards the gregarious Cat-man, his interest piqued, Granny Mawkins used to tell him such wonderful stories.

hobbit-feet
2017-09-06, 03:09 PM
The battle now over, Fisc stood very tired and somewhat maudlin now, he often felt this way after a fight. He gathered his thoughts whilst checking himself for wounds or marks. He wiped his sword with a bar rag and slid it back into it's sheath. He saw his comrades slowly gathering around the cat-man. But first he turned his attention to the bar.

The Landlord and bar-keeps were still cowering, so Fisc saw his opportunity and swiped a full bottle of whisky from the bar and hid it beneath his coat.

(1d8)[4](4)
(1d6)[1](1)

Then found a half finished glass of ale and began to confidently drink it hoping that he hadn't been seen. He then looks back to the cat-man.

Pascal
2017-09-12, 11:43 AM
Pascal grinned a saucy smile at the group of heroes, he then jumped on top of table and burst into life "My friends! I wish to tell you a tale, has anyone ever heard the story of Captain Kinetts lost treasure? Captain Kinett was a Cat man just like myself who was rumored to have buried a vast quantity of treasure somewhere in my homeland, unfortunately...the good Captain was murdered in his sleep before he could tell anyone where he had buried his loot...my homeland is a dangerous place and I would not feel safe venturing there alone but if you mighty heroes were to come with me I am sure we would uncover the secret and find the treasure, what say yee?"

Pascal climbed down from the table and awaited the groups answer.

Hatt Mawkins
2017-09-21, 06:49 AM
Hatt gave Pelengil a questioning look, he'd go where his friend led, then he turned back to Pascal stood on the table, they were now face-to-face.
"Is that a true story? I like true stories, you'll have to ask Pel but I'd come with you, I'd like to hear more stories." Said Hatt, for the first time a small, childish smile creeping on to his face.
Again Hatt turns back to his quiet friend.

Deedeeminotaur
2017-10-29, 12:54 PM
With the group clearly in agreement, the heroes knew their task. They were to investigate the whereabouts of Captain Kinett's lost treasure. If Pascal is to believed, the best place to start looking would be his homelands: the Twilight Isles. How to get to the Twilight isles is considered common knowledge, but failing that, someone in the pub would probably know.

Common knowledge rolls are made by rolling your intelligence (with a wild die). Check the map here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Ttrq5HHIu5dnlycmloQ0VHWDg if you want to interpret your roll yourself. Pascal might use his 'knowledge: geography' skill instead for more specific knowledge. You could also ask someone.

Lliryn
2017-10-29, 02:28 PM
The lure of treasure was enough to outweigh Moxy's general distrust of the strangers that she would need to travel with. The journey would inevitably involve water – she would deal with that when it came to it but she was already anxious at the thought. She strode up to Pascal, hiding her fears. “Tell me, cat-man, what guarantee do we have that once we find this treasure of yours it will be split evenly between us?”

nickht
2017-11-01, 05:40 AM
Pelengil decided to take charge of the situation... Before Pascal had a chance to reply to Moxy's question, he blurted out "I know the way!" The other travellers, startled, looked at him. "I know the way to the Twilight Isles! I've been there before!"

Hatt, having heard Pelengil mention the place, gestured at him to explain... "We must go south-east from here, to a place called Sunport." He shuddered as he mentioned it. He had had an altercation there once, one that had stayed with him. "There we can get a boat to the Isles, Blackport is where we'll land."

Remembering Moxy's initial question, Pelengil declared "Here, if you accompany me and ol' Hatt, we promise to share the spoils with you... You have our word." Turning to the rest of the group, "Ironforge isn't far from here, and it's on the way to Sunport... Perhaps we should go there and rest up? Who's with us?" he asked as he put his hand on Hatt's shoulder.

Smarts: (1d10)[5](5)

Wild: (1d6)[6](6)
Wild ace: (1d6)[4](4)

Hatt Mawkins
2017-11-01, 07:52 AM
Hatt gave a beaming smile as his friend confirmed their place on the adventure, then a frown slowly dawned on his face, "I've never ridden on a boat Pel! It is difficult?" Hatt asked with a worried look.

Hatt wasn't concerned with treasure, it was the stories he liked, whether they were the same tired tales spun by his friend, the new interesting stories from the friendly Cat-Man or even more excitingly; the story him and his companions may themselves create!

hobbit-feet
2017-11-01, 01:48 PM
Fisc was tired. But he had enjoyed the warm feeling of camaraderie in the fight that they had all shared, something he had apparently yearned for. Also the prospect of treasure was to enticing to pass up. He had fallen on some pretty hard times recently and could do with a little gold. 'This is a particularly scruffy bunch of freaks, but perhaps i'll tag along for a while, see where this leads' He thought to himself (particularly eyeing the cat-thing)

"Frack it!" he bellowed. "I'll join, long as there's a decent share for me! A fair measure's all i ask in return for my blade."

Tiran Irathorn
2017-11-01, 02:02 PM
Tiran could almost feel the wheels of fate turning. This was what had drawn him to the pub, this was Lukos' will.

Looking to the others he declared, "Let us not waste any more time. Let us depart!".

Pascal
2017-11-01, 02:03 PM
Pascal smirked a devilish grin at his new best friends "Adventures awaits...oh yes...oh yes"

Deedeeminotaur
2017-11-01, 03:11 PM
Uninvited, Tomos makes his way over to the heroes.

"Couldn't help overhearing, but you've done us a great service, and before we let you go running off - if you want to leave in the morning, there's more than enough beds for you in the town".

Whilst you get the impression that Tomos could have helped overhearing if he'd wanted to, the offer seems sincere. There is a murmur of agreement from several of the townspeople, including Jud, who unceremoniously panicked and pushed several women out of the way to get to the back of the pub before the goblin attack.

Decide what you want to do. You could leave at night, or spend the night celebrating and leave early in the morning or later. Agree on WhatsApp then someone can post about how you leave, or make your case on here in character.

Pascal
2017-11-02, 06:16 PM
Pascal turned his head swiftly towards Tomos "We accept your offer, I shall retire for the evening...and tomorrow...adventure...awaits"

Pascal stood and bowed with the grace of a swan to his new companions before prancing off to find a bed for the night.

nickht
2017-11-03, 07:00 AM
"Boat journeys can be tough, Hatt, but I'll look after ya!" Pelengil assured his friend. "It has been decided then... We shall stay the night here, and set of in the morning."

He turned to the proprietor, [I]"Now, before I head to the land of nod, I need a nightcap, Tomos. Get one for my friend here too, and for anyone else who wants one!" After enjoying some light conversation with Hatt, Pelengil retired to his chamber.

Hatt Mawkins
2017-11-03, 10:28 AM
Hatt, as always, was up before dawn. Leaving his long time friend Pelengil to sleep Hatt dressed, packed his and Pelengil's shared pack and left their kindly-offered accommodation to search out supplies. It was a regular routine that the two had fallen into over the past months of travel.
As he stepped out into the dawn, he looked around, soaking in the sleepy village atmosphere. He knew the bakers would be up already, preparing the morning breadstuffs for the village. He headed to one he'd seen when he and Pelengil had arrived at he village the day before. He entered, the baker was at first taken aback seeing a man of Hatt's indomitable size, before making the connection to the stories of the night before that had already spread through the small community.
Hatt asked for 3 small loaves of bread, wrapped in paper, giving the baker 3 bundles of copper coins, each wrapped by Pelengil with a drawing of a loaf of bread on each one.

Hatt headed back to his and Pelengil's room, surprised to see the old man up and dressed, seemingly keen for travel.
The rest of the newly formed group slowly gather in the street outside the inn before setting off after Pelengil as he lead them towards their destination and adventure.

Deedeeminotaur
2017-11-03, 05:23 PM
The heroes had a decision to make. They had the option of using the traders track through the busy hub of Ironforge. A well travelled route often busy with coaches and wandering merchants. They could also use Pascal's shortcut that skirts the North of the city; a quicker route, but would require some pathfinding skills to avoid getting lost or wandering into hostile territory. In either case, this is a great opportunity for some of the heroes to regale one another with a story from their past.

Pascal scored a ridiculous 15 on his knowledge (geography) roll (a success and two raises) meaning he knows a route that will get you there very quickly. Avoiding the busy trading path, it will avoid enemy confrontation with a simple tracking roll and will pass a fertile foraging and hunting spot.

Also, we're going to try an interlude. I'm using core rules on interludes. I've rolled randomly and this is an opportunity for Moxy to tell us a story about 'love' and Pascal to tell us a story about 'victory'. One benny each if you can do this. You might incorporate your hindrances into your story.

Lliryn
2017-11-04, 06:04 AM
Moxy trotted down the inn's steps and up behind the hulking half-ogre and the old elf – a strange pairing, she thought with amusement. “So, how long have you two travelled together?” she asked. Before waiting for an answer, she carried on. “It's good to have someone to watch your back, I suppose. I worked with this couple a few years back, husband and wife. It was good for a time, managed to run some big jobs and made some good coin. But in the end they were always quarrelling - jealousy over some old squabbles the two of them must have had, an old love from the husband's youth or some such... so I left them to it. A halfling is better off working alone, I said to myself”. She smirked up at the ogre's benign face. “Although I don't think you'll be having the same problem with him”.

Hatt Mawkins
2017-11-04, 06:32 AM
Hatt was bemused for a moment, he'd heard a voice and he thought it was addressing him but he couldn't see anyone.. He eventually noticed the smiling face of the diminutive Halfling behind him, he smiled back.
"Me and Pel have been friends for a long time, he saved me y'know, so now I make sure he's always safe, because that's what friends do. I liked your story little girl." Hatt gave a quick smile again before looking away shyly.

Pascal
2017-11-04, 10:56 AM
Pascal overheard the story being told by the Halfling, he strolled up towards the group and bowed with the elegance of a baby lamb, "Good morning my fine friends, our journey begins today...I know of a less traveled route that avoids the busy trading path and will lead us quickly to our destination, it is also the safest route...although I did once encounter a group of bandits, I managed to distract them with a story I made up about a nearby cave filled with golden doubloons, half the group believed my story but the other half thought I was telling porkies...they started to fight among themselves and I managed to slink off into the night...Brains over Brawn my friends, I have never had a problem I haven't been able to talk my way out of!"

Pascal smiled a demonic grin at his new companions "Looks like we are all here, lets all leave together now".

Just to move it on I am confirming here that we are all now traveling on the road together as BEST FRIENDS

Deedeeminotaur
2017-11-05, 06:27 PM
The cobbled road leading from Widowridge forks into two and the adventuring party opt for the right-hand track. Little more than a dusty path, the road is none-the-less easy to follow for now meaning the travellers can walk at their normal pace. The expansive low hills stretch as far as the eye can see, with lightly wooded areas dotted around and giant stones embedded in the ground as if emerging from underneath it. The morning sun has not lasted though as grey clouds cast the land into shadow and, what starts as a mere drizzle, turns into a severe downpour. In the Autumn climate, the temperature is not likely to be a problem. However, the track fades as it draws a long line between two small dips and the depression between has started to become quite boggy in the quickly-deteriorating weather. The party knows that it will slow them down significantly and will have to choose between the boggy shortcut or find a longer route around the rocky moorland.
https://images.on-this.website/7181_209841422050cdb93db7a5a.jpg

The party are travelling to Sunport, a distance of approximately 110 miles. The party travels at the speed of their slowest member, at about 3 miles an hour. It is still early in the day, before noon. Travelling through the boggy area will slow the party to 2 miles an hour for a few hours meaning they might not make the next town before sundown.
Travelling the long way will require the party to take a level of fatigue as they scramble over the rocky tor, but they will relatively safely reach the town way in the distance before sundown.
I will move the party on Tuesday evening and assume you have travelled through the bog unless told otherwise.
All being well, you should arrive at the next town for late evening. You have 3 days rations with you each, so no issue currently. Make any rolls you think are significant (common knowledge, tracking, geography, notice or survival perhaps) and we'll see how they fit in.

Pascal
2017-11-07, 04:06 PM
Pascal gazed at the disgusting bog, he refused to get his fine clothes covered in mud, he glanced over towards Hatt and grinned "Lovely Giant, I hate to trouble you my fine fellow but would you be able to carry me through this bog? I am sure your old friend would not mind...as I did save him during the battle? I also remember that you adore stories, I have many a story I could tell you to pass the time that you would love!"

nickht
2017-11-07, 04:33 PM
”Go on Hatt, my lad. Give our new friend here a hand?” Pelengil suggested to his pal. “Hit us with your best story then...” He paused as he realised he wasn’t quite sure he caught the cat-man’s name ”Pascal, is it?”

Hatt Mawkins
2017-11-07, 04:57 PM
Hatt looked towards his friend with a questioning look and smiled as Pelengil gave his approval of the idea.
"Yeah, I can do that.. Pascal." Hatt tried out the newly-learned name, "I don't mind the mud."
Before the Cat-man was ready Hatt bent down and scooped him up, tossing him as if he were a child to sit on one broad shoulder.
"Start your story, I'm ready." Hatt closed his eyes for a moment, a childish grin spread across his face as he prepared himself for the story, Hatt loves stories.

Deedeeminotaur
2017-11-07, 05:57 PM
The adventuring party bravely trudges through the swampy terrain stopping frequently for stuck boots and pathfinding, but luck is on their side as the sun bursts through the clouds and the rain ceases as suddenly as it started. The party have lost a few hours but with weather like this, the going should be easier for the next few hours. Except for short ration-breaks, the group continues to head in the direction of Sunport. There is a signpost for the tiny village the heroes can see in the distance, referring to it as Hamstead, indicating that they have only 8 miles to travel. This will take the party merely 3 hours. Do the heroes want to walk to the town? Or will they bypass it completely in order to make more progress before finding somewhere to spend the night further on. They would have to do this in darkness as the sun is beginning to set already and without a map, they might not know where the nearest town is. If you would like, you could make a common knowledge roll at -2 (as this is a rural area) and Pascal's Geography skill would apply here with no penalty as he has walked roughly this way before.

Hatt Mawkins
2017-11-08, 12:17 PM
Hatt stops at the signpost to let Pascal look.
"Do you know this place Pascal? How about you Pel? It looks nice."
Hatt takes out one of the small, fresh loaves from the pouch on his belt, tears off a large chunk and offers it to first Pelengil then Pascal before stuffing the chunk into his mouth and making satisfied, nom-nom noises as he chews.

nickht
2017-11-09, 06:33 PM
Pelengil racked his brain... "Hmmm... I thought I could remember a place to stay the night..." He mumbled as he chewed the bread Hatt had given him. "...but I can't remember my way!"

"Perhaps, if Pascal doesn't know of a place further on, we should head to Hamstead and rest there tonight...?" He looked eagerly at Pascal, as he trusted his knowledge of this region more than his own.

Knowledge roll:
(1d6)[5](5) -2 = 3

Wild roll:
(1d6)[1](1) -2 = -1

Lliryn
2017-11-10, 02:18 AM
It had been some time since Moxy had travelled out in the wilds - towns and cities were more where she felt at ease, and of course where the opportunities were. Although the band of travellers would likely be able to handle any dangers lurking in the hills there didn't seem to be any need to push their luck. “Hamstead does sound like a good place to spend the night”, she agreed. “...unless you are sure that there is another town that we could get to sooner?", she said to Pascal as he pondered by the signpost.

Hatt Mawkins
2017-11-10, 04:14 AM
Hatt continues to enjoy the fresh, chewy bread. Losing interest in the signpost and distant village Hatt left that decision to his friends and looked around at their current surroundings. As ever, curious and interested.

Notice roll: 7
Just looking around where we are, what's it like? Any things of interest?

hobbit-feet
2017-11-10, 07:45 AM
Fisc was a Fairweather kind of a man, he didn't much care for the wet route that they had taken. Once damp set in he was cold and irritable. Hearing talk of a town pricked his attention, thinking mainly of the warmth of a fire. Also they might be ale there. He sidled over to the group trying to conceal his weariness. "Hamstead sounds like a fine place to dry off!... What say you cat-man? We might find you a bowl of milk!" He joked to the group to try and lighten the mood and attempt to gain some clout. Fisc turned back to Pascal hoping he hadn't overstepped a mark. And gave him a hardy but affable slap on the back.

Tiran Irathorn
2017-11-10, 01:56 PM
Even since leaving Widowridge, Tiran had felt his spirits lift. This was where he was meant to be - out in the open under a clear sky. The walk through the bog hadn't bothered him and if he were on his own Tiran would just keep going. Spending a night under the stars was nothing new to him. However, looking at his new companions, Tiran couldn't help but feel they were not as used to the wilds as he.

"Come my friends", he said to the group, "it may be better that we rest a night in Hamstead before moving on".

Tiran also thought this would be a good way to get to know the people in his group better. Although fate had seemed to throw them together, Tiran still new very little about the people that, one day, may hold his life in their hands.

Pascal
2017-11-10, 04:56 PM
Pascal turned towards Fisc, the disgusting old mercenary stank of whiskey and he shuddered as he felt Fisc's greasy hand slap his back "A good joke indeed Mr Fisc..." Pascal replied dryly "I know of a few places along the route we could stay...but Hamstead is as good a place as any".

Deedeeminotaur
2017-11-10, 09:06 PM
As the sun starts to set, the heroes trudge along to the new path leading to Hamstead. This town is even smaller than Widowridge and, not being on a main trade route, is much more sparsely populated. Perhaps 40 people live here. The heroes are still wet, cold and tired. The town is mere minutes away. The party need to decide where they're going to go, and who will do the talking to the solitary militiaman on the main path into the village.

Deedeeminotaur
2017-11-12, 06:45 PM
As Pascal, with the others behind him, approaches the main track going into the village the militia man comes forward. He is bearing a torch and has his hand on the battered-looking sword hanging by his belt. He speaks with a low, thick rural accent.

"Good evening travellers, state yer names for me and yer business in Hamstead."

He seems officious and wary, but fairly neutral in demeanour. Although it is getting quite dark, most of the village is in sight now, although it is very little. https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b5/f8/ed/b5f8edd00708572b8a18821ff1afe5cd--fantasy-rpg-fantasy-scene.jpg

Pascal
2017-11-14, 01:06 PM
Pascal slid gingerly over towards the guard, he then bowed with the beauty of a peacock "My name, my friend, is Pascal and me and my mighty companions are on an urgent mission, we need free food and beds for the night and I must also speak to the most senior and learned member of your community on a matter of grave importance!"

(1d8)[5](5)

(1d6)[2](2)

Persuasion roll wank

Deedeeminotaur
2017-11-14, 01:22 PM
The militiaman in this sleepy town, awestruck by the importance of such a tremendous mission (and beguiled by the wily but sincere-sounding Pascal), is readily convinced. He makes a small effort to effect a more sophisticated accent, but it is awkward and immediately transparent when he trips up on longer words.

"Wow! In our little village - imagine! I will show you into the village. I'm afraid though, noble sirs, that I do not have the au-thor-i-tee to give you free food and beds. Let me talk to moi pals *ahem*, my hest-eemed colleagues, and I may be able to help out".

He then scuttles off, his excitement barely letting him walk in a dignified gait, towards the largest building in the town; the inn. He's expecting the party to follow.

Hatt Mawkins
2017-11-14, 05:10 PM
Hatt was tired, the sucking mud of the bog had sapped the strength from his heavy form.
An inn sounded good. Hatt hefted his flail, his safety reassured by it's presence, and trudged slowly after the friendly guardsman, stopping once to check his friend and companion was following. Hatt new Pelengil would be equally drained from the day's travel.

Deedeeminotaur
2017-11-14, 06:45 PM
The militia man leads the weary adventurers to the inn. Once inside, he beckons you to the bar and insists on buying a round of drinks, slipping back into his rural dialect.

"Just add this 'un to my tab Brett, they's on a very important mission.

He then wanders round the edge of the bar to talk with the people he considers to be truly important in this village.

The inn is much quieter than the last. People (all humans) are quietly conversing at a lower volume than the crackling fire in the corner of the room. No one stands out initially, although a mere two minutes after the heroes arrive, a burly man with a large beard comes down the stairs near to the edge of the bar, and checks out the new arrivals. He then takes his tankard to a corner of the room and sits, quietly drinking.

BjornTheBrave
2017-11-15, 11:17 AM
Bjorn lowers his book "The Art of War" to see what / who was causing the commotion in the Inn. He'd retired to a corner next to the fire in a slump, dejected from trying to find a guide to the Twilight Isles, one who knew how to avoid the beasts and outlaws. Although he was willing to pay, this tiny village seemed to only be filled with cowards unwilling to travel the treacherous path.

This new group of travelers peaked his interest, you see there are only two main paths into Hamstead, one towards the Twilight Isles, the other away. If they were heading towards the Twilight Isles, perhaps they were of need of a sell-sword. Bjorn looked back down upon his book again but keeping one ear on group and the conversation to come.

Lliryn
2017-11-16, 02:59 AM
The awestruck guard had been so keen to impress the group of adventurers that he had bought them all drinks. In such a hurry to seek out the village leaders, he had simply taken a head count and the barman had poured out an overflowing tankard of strong local ale for each of them. Moxy had enjoyed many a drink in her youth in an attempt to liven up her dull village life, and had been delighted to discover on leaving home that alcohol was frequently served in pints. Her first foray into this was perhaps a bit too enthusiastic, resulting in her falling from a tabletop and drawing far too much attention to herself, but a no doubt interesting quest had followed as a bemused onlooker had engaged her in conversation after helping her up.

These days she tended to take things more carefully, but she was not one to spurn a free drink, and washed away the thirst of the journey by downing the pint rapidly. The drink soon took effect, and feeling very merry, Moxy stumbled down from her stool and tottered over to the warmth of the fire where a bearded man sat nearby reading. She snatched the book from his hands. “Good day to you fine Sir! And what splendid book are we reading this evening?” she said loudly as she examined the cover with a bleary eye.

BjornTheBrave
2017-11-16, 04:49 AM
Bjorn Had been following the commotion across the room, and although hardened by war, he couldn't help but show a smile when this tornado of merriment settled next to him.

"This my dear" Bjorn now reaching carefully to turn the book the right way up to make it easier for the halfling to read "Is a very old and boring book my late father gave to me, and to which his father gave him."

Hatt Mawkins
2017-11-16, 03:45 PM
The inn was nice and quiet, the way Hatt likes his inns. He accepted the drink proffered by the barman, met Pelengil's eyes and nodded to the corner of the room.
Hatt walked over to the empty corner table, dropped his and Pelengil's shared pack on the floor, propped his long flail in the corner, sat, closed his eyes and let out a long sigh. It was nice to have more.. friends.. (the word still felt foreign to Hatt), more eyes to keep watch, made it easier.. to.. relax..

Hatt's head slowly lowered to the table, resting on a meaty forearm. Drink forgotten, sleep took him.

Pascal
2017-11-16, 04:23 PM
Pascal approached the barman "Mr Brett, me and my companions will need beds and food for the night " Pascal leaned in closer to Brett and his expression suddenly became more serious "Have a couple of your friends watch that burly bearded man in the corner for the rest of the evening...I don't like the look of him"

(1d8)[1](1)

(1d6)[4](4)

Persuading Barman to get some of his friends to watch Bjorn in Hampstead.

nickht
2017-11-17, 10:00 AM
Pelengil followed Hatt to the table, and sat in quiet contentment as Hatt slowly nodded off. He could sense the journey had taken it out of his friend, and knew that the best thing to do in these situations was to let him rest, wherever that may be.

Pel closed his eyes, and took stock of the party's situation. As he was thinking to himself, he could hear Moxy and the bearded man chatting away about his reading material. His interest peaked suddenly when the man mentioned to Moxy that he was looking for a guide to get to the Twilight Isles. "Perhaps this fella can be of use to us...?" Pel thought to himself. He stood up and shuffled over to the table... "I say, young man! Did I hear you say you're looking to get to the Twilight Isles?"

BjornTheBrave
2017-11-17, 11:55 AM
Bjorn looked up at the elf now standing next to him and gestured for him to take a seat. "I am indeed, and Moxy here says your party is following the same path.

As they exchanged names and pleasantries Bjorn gestured to the Barman to bring another round of drinks. "I was just telling your friend of my tale of sorts but I'm happy to start over if you'd like?" Bjorn then began his story, how he was left for dead by his once war comrade and now nemesis Drakov, how the lord Lukos had spared his life, and now tracking his nemesis who he believes may have been in the Twilight Isles. Bjorn however did not mention the fact that he was a Warg, powers gifted to him by Lukos. That was a secret he wasn't quite ready to reveal.

Tiran Irathorn
2017-11-17, 03:27 PM
Initially Tiran was content to simple enjoy the peace of the inn and drink his ale. He allowed the conversation to wash over him, until one word caught his attention - Lukos. Focusing on this word Tiran realised it was the stranger on the corner talking.

Walking over Tiran inclined his head, before greeting the stranger. "Peace of the living Earth to you", he declared, "my name is Tiran".

BjornTheBrave
2017-11-17, 06:52 PM
"And to you and all his creatures" Bjorn replied. It seemed that Bjorn had found another kindred spirit, a fellow worshipper of Lukos. "I'm Bjorn and it's a pleasure to meet you Tiran". The Fire was now getting crowded, and so Bjorn offered his seat to Tiran and went to fetch a stool from a nearby table.

Deedeeminotaur
2017-11-17, 08:32 PM
The barman, Brett, replies to Pascal, unimpressed with the introduction from the bumbling militiaman. Pascal's charm wins the man over, however, and he nods curtly when asked to keep an eye on the man now sat entertaining Pascal's friends. He too, has a rural accent but there is an air of intelligence about him.

"We've just 1 private room left, which is Ł4. After that, it's just the bunkroom. It's Ł15 to stay there tonight and there's enough room for all of you. I'll do your meals too if you'll all be staying.

Whilst the adventurers and their new-found friend chatted amiably, the burly bearded man in the corner continued to watch with growing interest. The fire is starting to die out and the other patrons are starting to head for home.

What will the party do? I'm assuming you will want to stay the night at the inn, and those are the options. To be clear, the 'burly bearded man' wasn't Sam. It appears there are TWO burly bearded men in the pub.

BjornTheBrave
2017-11-18, 01:47 PM
"Well it's late and I'm our of beer" Bjorn now addressing the barman "I'll take a bed in the bunkroom". Bjorn wishes good night to both Moxy and Tiran and retired to the bunkroom.

Pascal
2017-11-19, 01:01 PM
"I will take the private room Mr Brett, I tend to sing in my sleep so its best I have my own room".

Tiran Irathorn
2017-11-19, 04:31 PM
Before heading to bed in the shared room, Tiran wanted to get some more information about the local area. He walked over to the barman.

"Brett, what can you tell me of the area surrounding your village?"

Deedeeminotaur
2017-11-19, 06:24 PM
Brett looks quizzically at Tiran, and replies uncertainly.

"Thurr's not much else around here really. Just the old track you found yourselves on and the wood. Some wolves in the woods but they leave us alone during the day. If you're looking for adventure and excitement, I'm 'fraid you've come to the wrong place friend. Not much really happens 'ere."

With that, he beckons everyone upstairs with the exception of the sleeping Hatt. Brett takes one look at the huge half-ogre and decides that there are some patrons who are welcome to sleep in the tap room and retires to his own quarters downstairs behind the bar.

Although not fancy, and not particularly warm, the bunkhouse is very appealing to anyone weary and fatigued. The bunks and camp beds are quickly filled by the party and the peace of the surroundings makes it very easy to drift into sleep.

Unfortunately, tonight the heroes won't enjoy an undisturbed night's sleep. The first time Pascal is aware of this, he realises his arms are being held to the bed and a gag is being pushed roughly into his mouth. The highwaymen who are responsible for the disturbance make a more stumbling effort when breaking into the bunkroom, however, and on opening the door make far too much noise on the old, poorly cared-for hinges. Despite the liquor they have imbibed, Moxy and Bjorn spring up out of bed to the disturbance. One of the four highwaymen hesitates in the doorway, unsure of whether to back out or press the attack. His comrades run into him and the ensuing chaos gives the now wide-awake heroes in the room several seconds to ready themselves. You notice the burly bearded man encouraging his footsoldiers from the back.

Pascal rolled poorly for his notice (as he is untrained) whilst the highwaymen failed the roll in the bunkhouse and were caught easily by Moxy and Bjorn. There is enough noise now upstairs to rouse Hatt from his slumber even if he can't tell exactly what is happening. I need everyone to make an attack roll (or relevant combat roll) of some sort.
I will roll for you if this isn't done by Tuesday. You will need to roll and then explain how your character acts.
For example, Tiran might have time to ready an arrow and loose it (he would roll his shooting), whilst Moxy might make two melee rolls and Pel would probably cast one of his spells. The better your roll, the less damage you will take in this quick combat.

Critical Failure: The hero’s plan gets her into serious
trouble. She suffers d3 wounds.
Failure: The character suffers a wound.
Success: The warrior manages to get through the fight
unharmed.
Raise: The hero truly shines during the fight. The player
and GM should work together to narrate a particularly
heroic moment. Afterwards, the hero gets a Benny.

Check out rules here for more info:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/peg-savage-worlds/SW_Quick_Combat.pdf

Toluene7
2017-11-19, 07:01 PM
After a long day tracking, Hĺkan finally happend across a troop of horses gathered around the town's inn, thinking this was odd for the time of night he rode closer to investigate. "It's him", Hĺkan whispered to himself, "and it looks like he has brought friends" hearing a commotion inside Hĺkan slid off his horse and entered the inn.

BjornTheBrave
2017-11-20, 10:17 AM
Bjorn was the first to awake and immediately sensed danger. Even though it had been a year since he left the fourth legion his instincts hadn't dulled. His first thought was to reach for the dagger under his pillow, but there was at least 5 meters between him and the armed men at the door and their commotion bought him several seconds. Bjorn signaled Bloodwing as he reached for his bow, Bloodwing was currently out hunting and wouldn't be able to help for several minutes, but who knows how this fight would end.

Bjorn also knew he may be able to create some confusion and a few more seconds for the rest of the party to react. As he drew his bow and Bjorn couldn't help smirk seeing the bewildered expressions on the Henchmen as they watched him draw a bow his no arrow in sight.

Spoiler:Dice Rolls

Summon arrow: (1d8)[1](1) and (1d6)[1](1)

Fire Arrow: (1d8)[7](7) and (1d6)[3](3)

Bjorn critically fails, sparks fly everywhere and he's left in a daze.

Spend one benny to take one wound (normal failure)

Hatt Mawkins
2017-11-20, 10:39 AM
Hatt awoke to the sound of heavy footsteps upstairs. Wiping the drool from his chin he groggily stood up, his legs and back sore from the previous day's hike. Grabbing his flail, left propped in the corner, he slowly made his way to the bottom of the stairs.
As he reached the stairway the door of the Inn was flung open, the slender figure of an elf illuminated by the moonlight outside. Hatt readied his flail, keepings his eye both on the elf and the top of the stairs. Ears pricked for a clue to what was happening.
"Good or bad?" He demanded of the elf with a growl, he couldn't afford to waste time with tact when Pelengil was potentially in trouble upstairs.

Toluene7
2017-11-20, 11:04 AM
Upon entering the main room Hákan saw the half-orge turn to him in anguish at the foot of the stairs. With his challenge of Good or Bad, Hákan immediately replied "Good, my quarrel is not with you" then with another loud thud upstairs Hákan looked up at the ceiling with dread and quickly made for the stairs still blocked by the undecided half-orge hoping he would help or move.

Pascal
2017-11-21, 03:07 PM
Pascal had no time to react to the highwaymen, he was flung down on the soft bed like a rag doll, Pascal realised he must rely on his friends to save him "HELP ME" he cried "HELP"
"

Tiran Irathorn
2017-11-21, 03:09 PM
lunging to his feet Tiran draws his kama and jumps at the intruders

(1d6)[1](1)

(1d6)[1](1)

Critical failure for me too....

Lliryn
2017-11-21, 03:57 PM
Many a night spent in unsavoury locations with untrustworthy people had made Moxy quick off the mark at the slightest sign of danger. Waking at the sound of the door creaking open she quickly took the measure of the situation and drew her daggers. She slid down from the bunk and saw that some of her companions were scrambling for their weapons. The highwaymen had not noticed her, distracted by the larger figure of Bjorn who appeared to be holding a bow with no arrow. She blinked in surprise as crackling sparks fizzed around him, before turning back to the door and darting in past Tiran to strike lethally before the intruders had a chance to react.

Fighting:

(1d10)[10](10)

Wild die:

(1d6)[1](1)

Fighting roll ace:

(1d10)[8](8)

Deedeeminotaur
2017-11-21, 06:15 PM
Moxy dispatched two of the highwaymen with ease with a furious flurry of blows. As they fell, a third lackey and the burly highwayman began charging for Pelengil. He reacts with speed that defies his old age and sends forward a thundery blast that stuns the two charging foes for just a second. Hopefully a second is all he'll need.

Pelengil spellcasting roll = 3, wild die = 5 (a success)

hobbit-feet
2017-11-21, 06:29 PM
Fisc, waking from a heavy drunken slumber came to. In a daze, but realising that he needed to act quickly he jumped out of his bunk and drew his sword that he'd placed beneath his pillow. He swiftly scanned the room and saw some unknown assailants around the place. He dove in all blades blazing and attacked the first stranger in his way.

Attack Roll
(1d8)[8](8)
(1d6)[2](2)

Aced Attack Roll:
(1d8)[5](5)

Slashing his target across the belly and spilling his entrails across the floorboards, he then turns to find another invader to his left. Taking a step back Fisc thrusts his blade through his gut and saw his eyes glaze with horror. Fisc laughed "Ha Ha, you little sh*t! How dare you wake us up!" and then turned to see his bunk buddies.

"What the F*ck is going on!!?" He screamed, awaiting an explanation or a voice of reason.

Deedeeminotaur
2017-11-21, 06:42 PM
With Tiran and Bjorn wounded from the ambush, the heroics of Pelengil, Fisc and Moxy have rendered the attacking enemies defeated. The leader of the highwaymen is still quivering on the edge of Fisc's shortsword, some blood emerging from his mouth and spilling onto his beard. He looks up, terrified, at the faces of the party who have surrounded him.

He's wounded and could be dispatched with a coup de grace. Alternatively, the heroes might have questions for him.

hobbit-feet
2017-11-21, 06:57 PM
Fisc looked down at the helpless turd at the end of his blade. About to twist and finish the job, he paused... Keeping his eyes locked on those of the whimpering invader, he addressed the room;

Who the pissing piss is this!?... Were we expecting guests!?... I hate being woken before morning!

BjornTheBrave
2017-11-22, 05:27 AM
Bjorn now able to see a little more clearly as the sparks from his bow settled. "**** knows! I thought he was one of you previous acquaintances given how much they wanted to kill us all. I'll search the bodies for any clue while you keep him entertained.

Bjorn coudln't find any marking to identify the bodies, perhaps he was still blinded by the sparks from his bow.

Notice + Wild die: (1d6)[1](1) + (1d6)[2](2)

Common Knowledge: (1d6)[4](4) + (1d6)[4](4)

Lliryn
2017-11-22, 01:41 PM
Remembering that Pascal was in a separate room Moxy stepped out of the door and crept down the corridor, listening out for any other henchmen that may have come with the group. She peered round the door but the room was empty apart from Pascal who had been roughly tied to the bed frame.

Stealth roll:

(1d8)[5](5)

Wild die:

(1d6)[5](5)

Checked with Matt - there weren't any more banditos

Hatt Mawkins
2017-11-22, 02:23 PM
Hatt nodded to the Elven figure, dismissing him, good or no he didn't look like a threat to Hatt.
He pounded up the stairs, taking them 2 at a time, the door to the bunk room was hanging half open, Hatt didn't slow and booted the door open with an oversized foot before ducking into the room.
He stopped, flail raised, breathing heavy, eyes scanning the room for his friend and any potential danger.
He saw Pelengil at the back of the room, seemingly okay. With no obvious threat at hand Hatt let out a long, slow breath before walking over to check on his friend.
"You alright Pel?"

Toluene7
2017-11-22, 02:49 PM
Relieved to see that the half-orge was not going to hold Hákan up any further and hopefully not going to present further issues in the near future, Hákan hurried after the rampaging half-orge. When Hákan appeared at the top of the stairs he was momentarily stunned to see so many around a kneeling figure. It was a bloody sight, with huge pools of blood on the floor and sprays up the walls. The reek of death was enough to turn anyone's stomach but Hákan had a mission to complete, seeing that the kneeling man was his target Hákan yelled for the murderous man holding him to "stop! by high order from the Sunport Firestriders Guild i must bring this man to justice!"

While waiting for the adventurers to respond Hákan had a good look at them all and realised he didn't have much of a chance if it came to a fight for justice. Although, he did spot that they had a Sun Elf with them, atleast he's no match, Hákan thought.

BjornTheBrave
2017-11-22, 03:08 PM
At this point Bloodwing had returned and was now perched on Bjorn's shoulder, giving Bjorn a sense of safety in this room full of mostly strangers.

"Hang on sunny, I know as much about you as you have claim to this man. He tried to murder us all, so I his life is ours

BloodWing
2017-11-22, 03:30 PM
Caaaaaaaaa caaaaaaaaaaaa

Lliryn
2017-11-22, 04:11 PM
Moxy headed back to the bunk room with a shaken but unharmed Pascal in tow. She heard shouting and saw that a newcomer had arrived, and was arguing with Bjorn over the highwayman's fate. She stepped around the blood on the floor, and glanced down at the bodies. They hadn't put up much of a fight... looks like they were just petty outlaws, she thought. "He's dead or as good as whoever gets to decide what to do with him, it's all the same to me."

nickht
2017-11-24, 05:02 PM
“I’m okay Hatt, the adrenaline is still pumping through me! It’s this one you need to be asking... Did you see the attack?” Pelengil said as he pointed to the highwayman leader.

“You!” He thrusted accusingly at the quivering mess on the floor. “Who are you working for? Why are you here?”

Intimidation roll:
(1d6)[3](3)

Wild die:
(1d6)[4](4)

Hatt Mawkins
2017-11-24, 05:33 PM
Hatt stood behind Pelengil as he demanded an answer of the injured man, growling..

A moment passed with no reply.
"ANSWER HIM!" Bellowed Hatt, stepping forward and raising his flail menacingly. All vision of the simple, friendly fellow replaced by a dark, savage visage as he stood over the highwayman.

Intimidation roll:
(1d8)[4](4)

Wild:
(1d6)[1](1)

Deedeeminotaur
2017-11-25, 03:50 PM
The Highwayman is initially resolute but with some prompting from the intimidating half-ogre he reluctantly sighs. His jaw his set in stoic pain, and his response is broken with groans and gasps from the sword still protruding from his midriff.

"I led these men, we... we just prey on travellers who look like they got... stuff worth taking. Surely you've heard of Du Fay? We work for him. Tell the bastard...ah...tell the bastard "Beric gave him up."

At this he laughs and coughs up a last bit of blood before slumping forward dead, now only held upright by Fisc's blade.

The heroes could make a common knowledge roll relating to Du Fay (smarts and wild die).
Please decide now before next post whether how you're sorting out the bounty and when and how you wish to carry on travelling. There are 4 extra horses outside.

Pascal
2017-11-25, 05:08 PM
Pascal was dazed and had been sat on a bed waiting for the his blurred vision to become clear, as he came to he saw a group of people, some he could see were his friends, surrounding a dying man, it was then that Pascal's heart soared with joy and happiness, somehow he was here, his best friend... Pascal rushed over to Hákan and bowed deeply before embracing his old friend in a loving hug "My friend! My friend!...My dear old friend Hakan!...My heart soars to see you here! I thought you had headed back to your ancestral home? What brought you to this place?"

Hatt Mawkins
2017-11-25, 05:31 PM
Hatt turned away from the now-dead bandit, his anger gone, a sadness filled him, he stepped away and sat on a nearby bed.
"If Doofey sent them I want nothing to do with him." Hatt said quietly, "Can we leave this place Pel?" He added, looking up to his friend.

BjornTheBrave
2017-11-26, 06:19 AM
Well it seems there's no further threat and I have no quarrels with a dead man, do with him as you wish Hákan. Now what I wish for is 2 sausages, 2 eggs, and a side of bacon, I'm going to see if the InnKeep has started breakfast.

Bjorn starts to gather his things in preparation for the days travel ahead, as he does so he can't help but grab his ribs in pain. On second thoughts, I don't suppose any of you happen to be a healer? they'll be a free breakfast in it for you.

Toluene7
2017-11-26, 09:55 AM
Slightly dissappointed Hákan watched as the life left Beric's eyes. However, they were able to gain some information, Du Fay.

Then Hákan heard some hurried footfalls making their way towards him turning Hákan perpared to fight but saw a Raksasha bowing low to him. Confused Hákan waited for the Raksasha to show his face and as he stood Hákan recognised him to be his old friend Pascal. With a shout of glee "Pascal?!?" Hákan locked his arms around him too. "I work up here now Pascal, over in Sunport at the guild. I'm a bounty hunter as you well know and was tasked to capture and interrogate Beric". "Good to see you too my young friend but what the hell are you doing here?!"

Deedeeminotaur
2017-11-26, 06:44 PM
In the cold light of day, the bunk room still looks like a massacre and the stench of death has intensified. Although not happy to be woken at night, Brett is more than apologetic to the party in the morning.

"I hope you don't blame our town, friends. Nothing like this has ever 'appened 'ere before. The breakfast is on me and let me know if thurr's anything we can do."

It's approximately 90 miles to Sunport, which equates to 3 days travel walking. There are 4 horses saddled outside, presumably belonging to the dead bandits. With equipment, it's unlikely the horses will be able to carry more than one person at a time. If time was urgent, the party could probably make it in two days, but would be prone to exhaustion in the evenings.

If the party want to travel in 3 days, then they can do so stopping for at least 8 hours rest and recuperation and travelling in the daylight. If you want to do it in 2 days, then you will all need to make a fatigue check at the end of each day which is a vigour roll and a failure means you are fatigued.

Toluene7
2017-11-28, 12:48 PM
Distracted Hákan peered over Pascal's shoulder and saw Brett trying to move the corpses from the landing. Leave that one Hákan commanded while pointing at Beric's body, i'll need to take this back to the guild as proof, and if you will be so kind as to bring me sheets to wrap it in. Focusing back on Pascal, Hákan asked:

"Where are you headed now?"

nickht
2017-11-28, 01:16 PM
"Good riddance..." Pelengil thought to himself as Beric slumped forward. "We'll be out of here soon, Hatt!" He turned to the rest of the party... "Although we should probably get going soon, as we're still three days walk from Sunport!"

Pel then stood, deep in thought. "Du Fay... I've heard that name before..." he pondered out loud. "Not a name I remember fondly, might I add!"

Smarts roll:
(1d10)[5](5)

Wild die:
(1d6)[6](6)

Wild die ace:
(1d6)[3](3)

Pascal
2017-11-28, 02:22 PM
Pascal beamed a cheeky grin "We are on a quest my dear friend Hakan and you shall join us! I could use your skills on this deadly mission and you still owe me for saving your skin during the Battle of Chimpton!" Pascal's tone suddenly turned more serious "I need you...my friend...come with me".

Pascal saw the injured Bjorn and Tiran to his side "Let me heal you up fella's...HEALING BOMB!"

(1d8)[8](8)

(1d6)[6](6)

Heals for Bjorn

(1d8)[5](5)

(1d6)[4](4)

Heals for Tiran

Deedeeminotaur
2017-11-28, 05:52 PM
Moxy and Pelengil are busy contemplating where they have heard the name. Pelengil remembers hearing about a caravan robbery led by Du Fay, but Moxy recalls far more. The last time she'd heard the name, the city watch in Sunport had posted a sizeable bounty with the guilds, but no one had taken them up on it. His location is not currently known to the city, but someone may recognise Beric (by corpse or name).

Tiran's wounds are more significant than first thought. The bleeding hasn't stopped, and whilst he bravely tries to carry on, he is seriously wounded and will not be able to heal naturally whilst travelling. Despite Pascal's best efforts, he is not able to heal any of the damage sustained, and although he is stable, he will have to wait for time's natural recovery. Bjorn is far luckier that his wound is insignificant and Pascal's healing bomb works its magic into his cuts.

Despite this, the party strikes out towards Sunport, and in the time spent travelling, two heroes share their tales.

After subtracting Tiran's 3 wound modifiers from Pascal's roll, he doesn't heal any wounds. Bjorn is fine with a good roll from Pascal. Tiran will have to make natural healing rolls every 5 days (vigour roll at -5 for 3 wounds and whilst travelling). I'm assuming you're taking the horses.

Hatt, can you do an interlude about 'love' and Pelengil an interlude about 'tragedy'.

Hatt Mawkins
2017-11-28, 06:33 PM
Hatt sidled up to Pascal as they trudged onward, for a few moments he just kept pace with the chatty cat-man in comfortable silence. Then looking up and catching Pascal's eye he steeled himself and started to speak.
"I love stories, but I don't really know any, I never remember them, the only story I've got is mine I guess.
I was raised by Granny Mawkins, she wasn't my real granny y'know, but she was my granny....
Granny Mawkins was always proper, like, she never cursed and was polite and that. Everyone looked up to her, but I don't think they liked that she was looking after me. She was very kind to me but never, y'know big hugs and kisses and that, she kept things.. well, proper.
I wasn't like all the other kids, cos I'm big and that. They used to tease me awful, 'cos I'm a bit slow.
When I was a bit older, but y'know still a kid, I was probably taller than you are now by then!" He added with a grin."We were in church and as we were leavin' I was the last one out and I knocked over one of those big candle things, with my big feet y'know. One of the men, Brant, he was a farrier, he grabbed me by my shirt and cussed me out, said I didn't belong here, 'specially in the church like, called me a.. a monster..
Then Granny Mawkins came back in, she sent me outside but I waited just outside the door, I can still remember what she said "If you ever say that to my boy again, if you ever touch him.. I brought you into this world, Brant Hawthorne, and I'll ****in' send you out of it, mark my words." She never spoke of it to me or anything but I'll always remember that.
I miss her a lot y'know, she was all I had, until I met Pel of course but he's, y'know, my mate, it's not quite the same..."
Hatt looked wistfully into the distance ahead, then, giving Pascal a small smile he jogged forward to catch up with Pelengil.

BjornTheBrave
2017-11-29, 10:40 AM
"Well I guess formal introductions are in order. Bjorn whistles down Bloodwing from the sky and begins to tell his tale of betrayal, how with the divine power of Lukos he was saved from the grasps of death, and introduces the party to Bloodwing. As he does, Bloodwing shows off in the praise and stretches out his wings. At full wing-span Bloodwing measures 5 foot long and would stand at waist height to Bjorn. At the end of Bjorn'stale, he feeds Bloodwing scraps from breakfast and Bloodwing takes to the skys once again to scout the path ahead for any danger.

nickht
2017-11-30, 11:03 AM
Pelengil overheard Hatt telling Pascal about his beloved Granny. "Hatt really must like you for him to open up like that!" he chuckled to Pascal. "It reminds me of a story--a true one, no less--that I haven't told for a while now..."

"I'm an old elf, as I'm sure you're all aware just from looking at my wizened frame... but there was once a time when I was young and sprightly! Me and my twin brother, Malargil, loved to explore our homeland, and hone our magical powers on boulders and any other inanimate objects we could find. We had to do this as part of our upbringing you see! It is customary for sun elves, from the start of adolescence at 30 years of age, to spend three months every year out in the wilderness learning to fend for themselves, and to harness their magical abilities." He could tell Pascal was confused... "Aha, 35 is still young for an elf! We live for a very long time you see!"

Pel continued with his story, "We would often go out with our childhood friend, Fornarmel, and spent many years training with him... we were all practically brothers by the time we reached adulthood at 70!" he remembered fondly. "Fornarmel was a jealous elf however. He even got jealous when another adolescent would attempt to join our party each year! We knew not to provoke Forn as he had a bit of a temper on him, so we would always rebuff other younglings when the time came to venture back into the wilderness. This jealousy and temper would manifest itself most intensely when she-elves would pay attention to Mal, as he was quite the handsome young elf! A young elfling named Selvindar started to build up a strong companionship with Mal--it looked like they were to be wedded! But, below the surface, a resentment was building up in Fornarmel, as he was smitten with Selvi..." Pelengil looked solemly at the floor. "Mal's 71st birthcelebration was his last on this earth... Forn murdered him as he slept on the eve of his wedding day... Selvi was heartbroken... I have never forgiven Forn for betraying our brotherly connection..."

Pelengil was now visibly upset, although he tried to hide it. "I'm not sure what I'll do if I see him again. He fled soon after you see, and I haven't seen him since." Hatt had heard the story before, but put a hand on his friend's shoulder to comfort him.

Toluene7
2017-12-01, 12:24 PM
While walking with the party, Hákan saw Pascal chatting deeply with the Half-Orge and the Sun Elf and decided to make his own introduction after hearing Bjorn's.

"What a faithful friend you have there Bjorn" I am Hákan", speaking to the listening group at large, "and i am a Moon Elf from the Argenta region, I too have companions and perhaps you will see them soon." After hearing all, but the conversing trio leading the group's, introductions Hákan felt quite welcomed to team.

Hákan then asked Moxy: "Where are you lot headed after Sunport?"

hobbit-feet
2017-12-01, 05:47 PM
Fisc let the body slide from his blade and spat at the ground in disgust. Then spitting a second time on his sword and wiping it on the corpse and finally kicking it across the floor away from him... Noticing a story unfolding he perched on the side of a bunk and listened in. Pulling a bottle of whisky from his satchel and taking a large swig whilst overhearing Hákan's question. Fisk gestured with the bottle offering it around, then turned to face Moxy... Unsure of the answer to the question himself, he chimed in with a "Yeah! Where are we headed, is it close by now?"

Lliryn
2017-12-02, 05:43 AM
"I believe we must find a ship there that can take us to the Twilight Isles, but from there I am not sure - Pelengil knows the way. It can only be a few days at most to reach Sunport, I have travelled there before but have not come through this wilderness." Moxy wrinkled her nose in distaste as she avoided a patch of animal dung on the narrow track.

Deedeeminotaur
2017-12-03, 04:40 PM
The adventuring party travel through more plain and field, stopping for ration breaks and advancing at a brisk pace through the fairly uneventful countryside. As it gets towards the late afternoon, the party comes by a shack under a copse of amber leaves. There is a single horse tied to a crude sign outside saying 'shop', and as the party comes near, a broad man comes awkwardly tumbling out. His voice is brash and his salutation sounds insincere.

"Afternoon to ye, anything good for me to buy?"

You can see various weapons and travelling gear on the back of a covered wagon. A few of the party also notice a half-chewed bone and some boots and bedrolls piled up against the door apart from all the merchandise.

There are various clearings and thickets in which the party could set up camp up ahead. At their current pace, Sunport would be a mere 2 days travel after tonight.

http://ognature.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/forest-amber-leaves-autumn-wallpaper-mobile-1366x768.jpg

You can see ordinary-looking weapons including shortswords, longswords, daggers, one-handed axes and spears. There is also rope, bedrolls, scraps of paper and other gear. He would probably also buy weapons or gear the party didn't want.

Ask me on WhatsApp and when you buy or sell, roll a persuade (modified by your charisma) and I'll factor that into the price. I'll assume you're bedding down by Tuesday unless you say otherwise (if you chose to travel through the night for example). I'd want to know how you set up for camp and who stays where too.

BjornTheBrave
2017-12-03, 06:00 PM
"Ah, Good 'ay Sir. You're in luck, I have several items I've been wishing to sell." Bjorn[B] gesturing to the various weapons, armour and trinkets he'd taken off of the highway men, minus one short sword he now wore around his waist.

However, I was wondering if you may have more specialist or magical items other than those on the wagon outside" ". With this, [B]Bjorn gently swept past the store owner and into the shack, paying particular attention to the half-chewed bone and unaccompanied bedrolls and boots which were clearly not for sale, but there owners were not to be seen.

Notice against the odd garments (boots, bedrolls, chewed bone) and inside the shack (if the man doesn't stop me entering).

Notice: (1d6)[5](5)

Wild die: (1d6)[3](3)

Hatt Mawkins
2017-12-04, 02:35 AM
Hatt leant in close to Pelengil, "I don't like this, Pel. Something's a bit off." Hatt whispered, "Can we walk on a bit further, I wouldn't mind putting some distance between him and our camp.."
Hatt eyed the man, currently talking to the newcomer, Bjorn, before scanning around the clearing.

Notice:
(1d4)[2](2)

Wild:
(1d6)[3](3)

Deedeeminotaur
2017-12-04, 05:36 PM
As Bjorn takes a look in the virtually empty shack, the big merchant, blocks Bjorn's passage with a hefty arm and growls:

"What I got out here is for sale, what's in there is mine. Watch your step.

His hand is resting on the pommel of his sword hanging by his waist.

The shack is so small that there is barely room for one person to lie down in it. Bjorn can't see anything other than a used bedroll, various empty bottles and a couple of rusty knives.

Hatt Mawkins
2017-12-04, 05:49 PM
Hatt finished scanning the tree-line, "Let's get out of here Pel, I don't like it." Hatt said, tugging at his friends sleeve.
He hoisted the pair's shared pack to his shoulder, gave the group a look over then turned and strode off the way they were headed, wanting to put some distance between their camp and this unsettling man before they lost all of the dwindling light.

BjornTheBrave
2017-12-04, 05:59 PM
Bjorn takes a step back My apologies, I thought you were hiding something special and I have a penchant towards rare items. Why don't you tell me about these bedrolls and garments. Bjorn pointing towards the suspicious items. I love items with a story and these seem like they have a fascinating tale.

Toluene7
2017-12-05, 10:00 AM
Hákan, was interested in a new weapon after all he had magic and a sling-shot but if an assailant was to sneak up on him he would be at a disadvantage. "What weapons have you got for sale? and how much?"

Slightly confused to see the Half-orge and Sun Elf walking off from the rest of the group Hákan shrugged and turned his attention back to the weapons on the floor.

Deedeeminotaur
2017-12-05, 07:03 PM
Moxy thoroughly scours the surrounding ground without attracting the salesman's attention. There are tracks to and from the shack, human and canine. There has been no particular attempt to hide them. Moxy's keen eyes pick out 4 different human tracks and 1 set of paw prints.

Unsmiling, the man looks at Bjorn. He looks perplexed at the bedrolls and then back at Bjorn.

"Tell you about them? Nothing to say, them two isn't even mine. You buying anything or not?"

He turns to look at Hákan and continues:

"Shortswords, few daggers and a longsword back here somewhere. Name yer' price.

Meanwhile, up ahead, Hatt and Pelengil stumble across a clearing with a few sparse trees in the middle but otherwise plenty of space to see someone approaching. It is getting darker, but the other heroes should be able to find their way here from the shack.

The shop has the following items:

Shortsword (2) 250 (-40 for each success and raise on persuasion)
Longsword (1) 350 (-50)
Dagger (6) 50 (-5)
Spear (1) 150 (-25)
Quiver of 20 arrows (1) 20 (-4)
Medium shield (1) 150 (-20)
Hunting trap (2) 80 (-10) (Hunting traps do 2d6 damage and make a loud noise when trod on)

I'm assuming everyone will stay with the camp in the clearing ahead. Let me know what you're doing by Friday. This would be a good time for the heavily injured Tiran to regale us with an interlude about tragedy.

Pascal could attempt another healing bomb this evening. Remember it's at -3 because of Tiran's wounds.

I feel like more people should be talking about how injured Tiran is. His next wound would incapacitate or perhaps even kill him!

BjornTheBrave
2017-12-06, 06:37 PM
Bjorn sells 1 long sword, 2 short swords, 1 leather armor, 3 sets of dark padded clothes,
various trinkets and jewellery. Waits for the rest of the party to finish shopping, and then used Bloodwing to catch up to Hatt and Pel

Later that evening after setting up camp...

"Well I certainly don't trust this area, so I suggest we take it in turns to keep watch in pairs.
Bloodwing and I are happy to take first watch with someone, and then we'll hunt us a fine breakfast in the morning.

Lliryn
2017-12-07, 03:53 AM
"Aye, there were at least four pairs of tracks and a dog not too far off that the trader was less than honest about - I didn't trust him. We should at least keep an eye out if him and his friends think of trying something during the night, and there could be other things in this wood besides. I'm happy to set a guard - Pascal, do you want to take the second watch?"

I asked Pascal to balance out any notice rolls we may need to do, d8 vs. untrained

Toluene7
2017-12-08, 12:39 PM
With his mind made up Hákan said to the trader: "I'll take 2 daggers and a hunting trap, i'll give you Ł180 for the lot". Hoistering the daggers around his belt Hákan bent low to collect his hunting trap.

Later that night Hákan was setting up camp with the others, noticing that Tiran was still badly injured from the fight last night, Hákan went to help him set up his tent and see if there was anything he could do to help. Before heading to bed Hákan went into the cold night to lay his hunting trap he acquired earlier. Thinking the best place to lay it was in the forest Hákan made for the treeline. It was so cold, Hákan could see his breath in the chilly night but while setting the hunting trap he did not feel that odd burning sensation you get when touching cold metal, this at least is one of the perks of his race. With the hunting trap laid Hákan gathered some dead leaves to lay upon it to obsure it from view, making sure not to spring the trap inadvertently. Taking note of where he left the trap, next to the biggest oak tree you could see from the clearing, Hákan backed away and rejoined the group to let them know what he had just done. Although, Hákan had just bought the hunting trap from the trader he didn't fully trust him and therefore made sure he could not over hear Hákan telling the others where he'd placed it.

While Bjorn and Moxy were discussing that they still wanted to have a guard to watch while the others slept Hákan also offered his assistance for guard duty and that he would also cover Tiran's shift if needed however, Hákan was glad not to go first as he had not slept since travelling to Hampton over 30 hours ago. With the guard duty settled Hákan turned in for the night.

nickht
2017-12-09, 08:59 PM
Pelengil loved setting up camp. While he could no longer do much heavy lifting due to his age, he clearly delighted in orchestrating Hatt and whichever other companions were helping him. "A little to the left... Back a bit... That's it! Place it there, my dear Hatt!"

Later, Pel sat by the fire the group had lit, chomping on some stew Pascal and Fisc had cooked, taking in the scene. He could see Hákan tend to Tiran--he would have to do the same when his guard shift came around--and Bjorn and Moxy engaged in light conversation. He could feel his eyelids drooping. Turning to his friend he acknowledged, "I think it's time for me to retire, Hatt. Only two more days until we reach Sunport! Wake me up when your shift is over..."

hobbit-feet
2017-12-10, 05:32 AM
Belly full, Fisc sat back against a root protruding from the earth. An uncomfortable lump of a tree, he gathered some nearby moss and leaves. He pressed them behind his back, wriggling around some more. "Hrmf! It's is a fool's game, f*ck this for a laugh". He mumbled, defeated. Fisc Pulled out a flask of whisky from his satchel. He turned to Moxy and Pascal "Half-pint! Cat-man!... I'm up anyway, whoever is keeping watch i'll join you, we can share a sniff".

Pascal
2017-12-10, 06:27 AM
Pascal was tired "I'm going to attempt to heal Tiran again but then I must rest, I cannot take any watch tonight"

Pascal was tired and he had no energy, his healing bomb was not powerful enough to help Tiran.

(1d8)[1](1)

(1d6)[2](2)

Heals for Tiran

Deedeeminotaur
2017-12-10, 07:11 PM
With the camp set up safely, and most of the adventurers asleep, the night passes without any notable events except one. At different points in the night during their watch, Hatt and Bjorn feel an uncomfortable and unnatural chill. In their tired state, it could possibly just be a particularly bitter wind. During Hakan's watch, he is aware of part of the forest that is mysteriously illuminated. Hakan alerted Moxy, his watch partner, to the light and asked to go and check it out. On investigation though, there is no reason for the mysterious light. Perhaps it was moonlight, but it certainly wasn't a torch or candle.

Tiran is next to see the light and sees the light move from one part of the forest to the other. In his weak, injured state, he may blame it on a trick of his mind. However, despite not taking a watch, Pascal clearly sees the source of the mysterious goings-on when he is woken by Moxy and Hakan's discussion. Moxy also sees this at the same time. It's nearly mesmerising, the small, glowing ball of light, and as quickly as it appeared, it floats away hastily. Should Moxy want to investigate this, she would remember the direction fairly well.

When day breaks, the party will have to decide if they're carrying on, or discuss the mysterious happenings during the night. Since they slept in a camp, they are well-rested and ready for a day of travel. There are no towns directly on their path within a days travel, but they could divert and add approximately 15 miles onto their journey.

BjornTheBrave
2017-12-12, 06:57 AM
Bjorn wakes up early, unable to sleep from the unnatural chill he felt during his watch, and decided to try and clear his head with a hunt for breakfast. Unfortunately the incidents from the night took most of his attention and only managed shoot one rabbit.

Bjorn begins to roast the rabbit over the camp fire, with the smell starting to rouse the others. Still puzzled by the unnatural chill he felt in the night Bjorn tentatively brings up the subject as he's still new to the party. "I don't suppose anyone else felt anything peculiar or last night during there watch?"

Toluene7
2017-12-12, 08:50 AM
Waking to the smell of rabbit roasting over an open camp fire, Hákan sat up and stretched. "Morning Bjorn, that smells great".

"I didn't feel anything but the cold never bothered me anyway. However, Moxy and I both saw a strange light last night on our watch, i wanted to investigate but it was gone before i could do anything about it and needed to keep watch".

With that said, Hákan stood up suddenly and strode off towards his hunting trap, shouting back "Let me see if i caught anything"...

Tiran Irathorn
2017-12-12, 09:52 AM
Tiran had been aware of things going on over the past day or so, but only on a semi-conscious level. Ever since the fight in the last town it had been all he could do to stay awake and not let his injuries overcome him.

During the night he had lain in camp and gazed at the stars. As the cold and chill set in Tiran had felt his strength failing. Rather than being scared by this, Tiran had felt at peace. Peace for the first time since he had learnt of his terrible heritage.

With a smile on his lips he had closed his eyes for the last time. The last member of the Aldorian bloodline had died, and his bow fell from his lifeless fingers.

Who knew how long it would be before his campmates noticed?

Hatt Mawkins
2017-12-12, 12:52 PM
Hatt busied himself packing away his and Pelengil's gear while the old man slept a little longer. He didn't involve himself with the others in camp but overheard them talking.
"Didn't feel no cold, didn't see no light. I just wanna move on from this blasted place and get where were going." Said Hatt, not looking up from what he was doing.

It was getting crowded. Hatt was always a little wary of strangers and he wasn't enjoying being surrounded by them...

...plus the quiet ranger was looking very quiet, a bit like final quiet to Hatt. None of his business though...

Lliryn
2017-12-12, 01:46 PM
Moxy had joined Bjorn by the fire. "It's probably just stupid superstitions, but the light we saw reminded me of stories that the adults in my village would tell children about the will o' the wisp. If you're naughty it will trick you into following it, and afterwards when you find your way back home you're changed and don't tend to live long. My parents were always talking about my great great uncle Bolbo who followed one, and then he turned odd and went off adventuring and was never seen again – but this was before I was alive so who can say if he was even real. It's likely just to scare children from running off into the woods alone. I don't see that we have anything to gain by trying to go after it - if that was what it was."

BjornTheBrave
2017-12-12, 05:08 PM
Bjorn was now finishing the last of the meet on his rabbit leg. "Well I've never heard of a will o' wisp, now gesturing with the clean rabbit bone "but I like the sound of adventuring, and a rare opportunity this may be. I say we rouse the party and investigate."

Hatt Mawkins
2017-12-14, 05:07 AM
Hatt, glanced towards the gently rousing Pelengil, before addressing the group.

"I'll see what Pel says but I don't wanna mess with no fairy lights, I've 'eard stories an' I don't see nothing to gain messin' with them.. I say let's crack on to Sunport, these woods are giving me the heepy-creepies.."

Hatt took a long swing from his waterskin before chomping into one of his loaves of bread, his recently troubled face melting into a visage of simple satisfaction as he enjoyed the chewy bread.

nickht
2017-12-14, 09:43 AM
Pelengil awoke, bleary eyed. Much like Hatt, he had neither seen nor sensed the will o' the wisp that Moxy talked about. "I must say, I think we should continue on our way to Sunport, and not get bogged down with frivolous gam..." It was at this moment that Pel noticed Tiran, still and lifeless, and his voice trailed off. He went over and inspected Tiran in his slumber, setting his hand on the human's head.

"He's... He's dead..." A noticably forlorn expression fell upon Pel's face. "Stop! Stop everything you are doing!" He exclaimed to the rest of the party. "Our companion Tiran Irathorn has passed in the night! We must honour our friend's memory!"

Toluene7
2017-12-14, 12:54 PM
Finding nothing in his hunting trap, Hákan disarmed and picked it up to use for another time. Then from the trees, Hákan heard a shout from the camp but couldn't quite make it out, thinking that the group must be packing to leave soon Hákan hurried back to the group.

Upon entering the camp again Hákan noticed that everyone had a look of dismay on their faces. "Hákan: What has happen!". "Pelengil:Tiran passed in the night".

"I'm so sorry", feeling for the group, "I didn't know him long but i could tell he was a brave man with a troubled past and i wish i could have gotten to know him better".

Deedeeminotaur
2017-12-17, 07:05 PM
Having buried their friend, and committed his body to the earth, there are only two days travel stopping them from reaching Sunport. The mysterious lights have unnerved the remaining heroes but not damaged their resolve. The day's march is productive and whilst stopping for occasional breaks, they feel the climate cool slightly. The winter months are coming, they are nearing the sea and they are heading towards the most South-Eastern point of Aurea.

A ford makes way for another forest area which in turn opens out to more plains. The moorland is a good place to set up camp for one last night before Sunport; high and with clear vision all around. Alternatively, should the party choose to move on, they could travel under the stars, though it would be a tiring march with no sleep and with few visible waypoints, they would have to navigate adeptly.

Let me know if you're setting up camp. If you choose to try and make it all in one go, you will take a point of fatigue damage (not the same as wounds; you can take 3 before becoming incapacitated but they go away by resting - check the rules), or even 2 if no-one can make a successful tracking roll. Also, you are risking travelling through the night. It would be interesting to know what your characters intend to do when they get to Sunport. Perhaps they could tell one another!

Lliryn
2017-12-19, 02:19 AM
"This seems a good place to set up camp." Moxy said as she observed the view of the moorland from the top of hill. "Shall we set a watch again?"

Hatt Mawkins
2017-12-19, 02:33 AM
Hatt nodded to the diminutive girl, "Let's head over to those rocks," said Hatt, pointing to an outcropping on the top of the next hill, "it'll help keep the wind off."
Without waiting for confirmation Hatt took off towards the rocks.
"Hey, Pel, what's the plan when we get to Sunport then, straight on a boat? I don't know how much money it costs to go on a boat," said Hatt, aware of the pair's dwindling funds, "are we gonna have to work for our passage?"

BjornTheBrave
2017-12-19, 02:38 PM
Bjorn gestures at Hatt, "I Hope it shouldn't come to that. I have the funds from the rogues we thought but two days ago and their belongings I sold, that should be enough to cover the party if we chose to sail. I was also wondering what we should do with Tiran's belongings? Did he have any family we should contact?

Deedeeminotaur
2017-12-19, 06:06 PM
The evening passes without event and nightfall is quickly on the camp. It is cold on the moor but shelter from the wind has made it manageable and when the fire dies out, the camp is undetectable.

With their destination merely a day away, the party makes early tracks. The moorland gives way to fields and farmland, nearing civilisation. It isn't hard to spot the half- dozen figures off to the West, they're too far to make out in more detail though.

The horses have slowed significantly. Whilst they grazed in the evening, they haven't eaten enough having been on the move most the past 2 days. They'll make it to Sunport but will need to eat immediately.

Hatt Mawkins
2017-12-21, 02:12 PM
Hatt enjoyed the day, the air was crisp and what chill there was made the effort of hiking more bearable.
Someone mentioned something about a group of travellers, Hatt wasn't worried, it would take more than a small group of men to make him push his pace. Nor was he worried about the horses, set them free for all I care, thought Hatt.

All that mattered was it was dry, his belly was full and Pelengil was walking merrily beside him.

Deedeeminotaur
2017-12-22, 09:31 PM
The group of figures keeps their distance and as the party approach the outer wall to Sunport they stop completely, and watch them enter. The main gate to the city is a colossal stone arch over the large path. There is no drawbridge, but there is a moat that surrounds the impressive city wall. The outer wall is tall, and is made from large sandstone bricks. In front of the guardpost just ahead, two guards block the way at the path, and Hakan recognises neither of them. One of them, a broad half-orc, fearlessly puts his hand on Hatt's chest to halt him. Although he is still looking up at Hatt, he makes for an imposing figure.

"Business in Sunport? You better also explain why there was Ravens up on the hill following you in."

The other guard, a bored-looking tall human, is currently leaning against the wall but makes his way over and stands behind the other guard. His question comes out as a drawl.

"Are you with a guild?"

They await a response from the weary group.

I rolled for initial reaction and they seem curt but not hostile. Explain your business, but you could ask questions here about the city. Hakan would know about most of the important parts of the city, but as a non-native, still doesn't know everything.

Hatt Mawkins
2017-12-23, 07:29 AM
As the guard brusquely stops Hatt, planting his hand in Hatt's chest, Hatt reaches up and loosely wraps a large hand around the Half-Orc's wrist.
"That's very rude." Hatt says quietly, leaning down putting his face closer to the guard's, locking eyes.

Toluene7
2017-12-24, 06:16 AM
Hákan was suspicious to see two unfamiliar figures guarding Sunport. Regardless Hákan had is contract to complete and rode forward with the group at his heel.

While the group tried to pass the guards, Hatt was stopped by the Half-Orc. "I have business with the Sunport Firestriders, you must let me and my companions past!", Hákan demanded, "as for the Ravens they have been following us for the past day but we have no further knowledge of their intentions"

Hákan turned his attention to the human, that slowly made his way to the Half-Orc side. "Yes, my friends and I have just caught the theif and murderer, Brett" as Hákan was explaining his purpose he leaned round and patted the corpse lane across his horse's back.

"Come to think about it, I haven't seen you around here before and i have had many dealing with the guild, who do you work for!?"

BjornTheBrave
2017-12-29, 01:30 PM
Bjorn, not knowing these areas, grunts at the two guards and sends Bloodwing to scout the surroundings.

Deedeeminotaur
2018-01-07, 04:23 PM
The human guard looks confused and laughs to his comrade, who apparently isn't in on the joke.

"We're the city guard mate. Watch your tongue when you address us."

He pats the half-orc's arm and he backs away from Hatt.

"If you're a Firestrider then just go right on through" he smirks as he continues "but you're going to have to explain your gang to them".

Sunport is a large port town and incredibly busy. The bustle of the city means that 7 adventurers (with their horses and the slain body of a bandit) go relatively unnoticed as Hakan leads them to the Firestrider's guild. The guild is a square, stone building set back after the small training ground out the front. It is opposite several other guilds, similarly shaped, though most of them don't have their training ground out at the front of their estates. The guildmember posted as a guard at the front greets Hakan with a familiar grunt.

"You made it back then? Looks like you couldn't do it by yourself. Told you you wasn't ready to do it by yourself. I'd have had it done in half the time without..." He starts to count Hakan's accomplices but gives up. "...you know, loads of others to do it for me. Go in if you want, but this lot wait here.

Hakan will need to interact with the guard here although others may choose to do it also. You could also ask or look around at the local area of the city. Someone may even have a map...

Toluene7
2018-01-07, 05:15 PM
Not completely trusting the human guard, Hákan rode on, keeping an eye on him as he passed.

As the group entered the guild Hákan spied Alluin, who is another bounty hunter for the Firestriders. Although he was in the same guild this did not mean in anyway they were friends or even friendly. Hákan found most of the guild unpleasant and if it wasn't for the call to justice and the good pay he wouldn't bother. After hearing his sneer, Hákan replied: "Of course I made it back! And although my friends did help it is only because he wronged them, i had it under control. I have plenty of experience and would best you in any contract. Sides, i see you are doing well, guard duty again, what did you do this time, lose another trail".

Fake laughing Hákan turned back to the group and said: "You can stay here or meet me back here in an hour if you like, i need to file my report and collect my reward. I'll see about securing passage for you to the Twilight Isles if Captain Blackwell agrees"

Then Hákan hopped off his horse and with surprising strength dragged the corpse on to his shoulder and strode inside the stone building. A boy then appeared and guided the guild horse back to the stables.

BjornTheBrave
2018-01-10, 05:07 AM
"Very well, I've got a couple errands to run and we should also see about selling these horses, unless your guild would be willing to buy them Hakan?. The extra gold could help us all buy supplies and passage to the Twilight Isles."

Bjorn now addressing the group and guildsman "I don't suppose there's an apothecary anywhere in this city is there?"

Hatt Mawkins
2018-01-10, 04:12 PM
Hatt noticed Pelengil had been quiet since they'd entered Sunport, he looked pensive, trapped in his thoughts.
"You alright Pel?"
Pelengil looked up to Hatt, giving him a small smile, then his expression dropped, blood started to pour from his nose and his eyes rolled back in his head. Soundlessly he dropped.
Hatt dove forward and caught his old friend before he hit the ground.
"Pel? Pel!? PEL!! Somebody help! Pel!!"
His friend was shaking, convulsing, Hatt looked into Pelengil's face, his bloodshot eyes pinged down from the back of his skull, finally coming to focus on Hatt "Gloampass...", then he was gone. Hatt swore he saw a distant, magical spark deep in his friend's pupils that faded over three quiet seconds.
"Bloody hell Pel, don't leave me, don't bloody leave me mate." Hatt openly wept, clutching the still body of his only friend.

Lliryn
2018-01-14, 03:41 AM
Moxy watched with surprise at the blood soaking through the elf's clothes as he writhed in Hatt's arms. The bounty hunter was gawping open-mouthed at the scene. “Hey!”, Moxy snapped at him. “Is there anyone in this guild of yours that can help?”

Deedeeminotaur
2018-01-14, 05:56 PM
Pelengil's body begins to glow slightly. This is visible to everyone, but only Hatt feels the warm embrace take hold of his massive frame. The old wizard starts to fade, the hard ground visible through his torso. Bright blue veins appear on Hatt's forearms, and then spread up behind his sleeves, and Hatt feels them settle by his chest. By the time everyone looks back to the wizard, he is gone. Whilst everyone is standing around, astonished. Two men from the guild come ambling out of the courtyard. The more wizened-looking of the two (who Hakan knows as 'Rol', a magic instructor with the guild) speaks first.

"A passing! A passing here in front of my very eyes. I was one who had chosen not to believe in the tales, but it's just like it was described."

The man next to him would ordinarily be intimidating, with his large forearms and shoulders covered in scars and his brow set low. But now he looked terrified.

"Rol, what the f**k just happened? I've never seen anything like it."

Rol's croaky voice takes on a more sober tone.

"When a wizard blessed by the avatar of Fareus himself is killed, his mortal body passes on his spirit. He is...dead, but his spirit will use another vessel until he has accomplished what he was bid to do."

He gestures to Hatt and, smiling, asks in a sinister tone:

"I saw him speak, but I heard him not. What was it he said to you, beast?"

Please make a common knowledge roll each (your smarts + wild die), though only Hatt would be privy to information about Gloampass unless he tells someone else what Pelengil whispered to him. Ask or act any way you would like, you're still all together by the front of the guild. If you think it is relevant (persuasion, notice, intimidation, investigation, stealth, taunt...whatever) then roll it or ask on WhatsApp.

Hatt Mawkins
2018-01-14, 06:23 PM
At the term "beast" Hatt roared and lunged at the old man, grabbing a fistful of shirt Hatt lifted the man up into the air. "Where is he? What the bloody hell 'as happened to my friend?!" said Hatt between sobs, "You can bring 'im back, right? It was all some spell or somefing, right?" Hatt's other hand reached for his chest, rubbing at the strange, warm feeling he felt there. He lowered the man before him and let go of his shirt, his eyes went distant.
That didn't happen when Granny Mawkins went..

BjornTheBrave
2018-01-16, 10:49 AM
"Let him go big man. I'm sure the wizard didn't mean anything by it and anger isn't going to help". Bjorn now wary of the commotion the party was causing in this city of few friends.

" Now wizard, tell us everything you know about this passing, please."

Hatt Mawkins
2018-01-16, 01:59 PM
Hatt was obviously confused and on the verge of hyperventilating, he dropped the old man, sucking in huge, rapid breaths.
"Right, yeah, so, who done it? It was that gloampass guy wasn't it? An' he's gotta be near, right? That's how magic works, you gotta be near, right?" Hatt was looking around now, still sucking in air at a rapid rate. He turned around suddenly and wavered, looking unsteady on his feet. Hatt sat down in the street, his head in his hands, and wept once more.
Hatt's entire world had just died. Died and disappeared. He was broken and didn't know how to fix himself, all he could think was that Pel would have known...

Notice roll to spot "Gloampass" (obviously not there, or even real..)
(1d4)[1](1)
Wild
(1d6)[3](3)

Deedeeminotaur
2018-01-16, 05:31 PM
Hatt, clearly not able to see anything that caused his friend harm, was starting to draw crowds with his outburst and frantic searching. Rol indignantly brushed himself down after being dropped by Hatt. He sneered down his nose at the weeping half-ogre and then up at Bjorn.

"I'll say nothing to you cretins. Handle me in public would you? I've half a mind to..." He looks at Hatt's heaving form and changes tack. "Well, it sounds like you have quite a journey to make if you're going to reach Gloampass. I hope you find what you're looking for." He smiles eerily, as he says that last part.

Hakan meanwhile is claiming the bounty at the desk and, looking at the board of available contracts, sees only 2 that are untaken.

1. Several members of the clergy in a small town to the west have gone missing in recent weeks. Villagers blame the 'dancing light' in the forest.

2. There have been a string of burglaries down at the docks and they want a small crew as a sit-in guard. No one knows how thieves are repeatedly getting in and out.

Bjorn has heard of Gloampass and knows it is located on the Twilight Isle. Moxy knows this also, and has heard of the legend of the Avatar of Fareus. Fareus is considered a minor deity by Elf kind. A powerful mage claims to be his avatar in Eclipsa and tasks his followers with a special task to spread word of Fareus and his desire for Elf kind, Sun or Moon, to be rulers of Eclipsa again - by any means.

Discuss what you'd like to do here, or on WhatsApp and then someone take the lead and move us on!

Pascal
2018-01-19, 04:01 PM
Pascal's confidence had been severely hit ever since the death of the boring ranger Tiran, he had hated the ranger but had felt like he should have been powerful enough to save his life. Seeing Pelingil die brought Pascal back to reality and he realised he had to help....he walked over towards Hatt and said "My big lovely friend...come with me"

Pascal took the grieving half ogre to a corner and they sat together "I am so sorry...I know your bond with Pel was strong and your were dear dear friends...I know the area of Gloampass very well and if this was your dearest friends final words then we shall set off for Gloampass at once! I will help you solve the mystery of Pels strange death my big friend...you have my word".

Common Knowledge

(1d8)[4](4)

(1d6)[6](6)

I get a +2 to my roll apparently

Hatt Mawkins
2018-01-19, 04:21 PM
"Thank you Cat-Man, erm, Pascal.." Hatt noisily blew his nose with his tatty handkerchief, "Do you really think we can do that? Can go to that place and find out what Pel was tryin' to tell me?..." Hatt gave Pascal a small smile before leaning over and gathering him up in a huge hug. "I promise to look after you, like I did Pel, I'm not good for much but, y'know, I can keep you safe mate. Thank you."

Lliryn
2018-01-20, 03:30 AM
Moxy joined the pair as they sat talking. “I'm sorry about Pel, Hatt. Did he ever speak to you of Fareus? He was a god to the elves. There's a legend that I've heard of where Fareus will command someone in the world to speak for him, an avatar, to spread the word of Fareus. His message is that he wants elves to rule Eclipsa again. If Pel was blessed by this avatar, like that guild magician said, then his spirit has passed on to you so that you can help with Pel's purpose. That was what you felt when his body disappeared. Gloampass must be where he wanted us to go next. It's in the Twilight Isles which is where we were heading.”

Hatt Mawkins
2018-01-20, 03:43 AM
"Farioos? No, I don't think he ever said nuffin' about that.." Hatt said, scratching his head, "So, Pel's kinda livin' inside me now? That's a bit scary, but, nice too I guess..." Hatt reached up and rubbed the warm patch on his chest. "We gotta go to Gloampass then, right away!"

BjornTheBrave
2018-01-20, 11:49 AM
"Well that's settled. If we sell the loot and horses it should buy us all passage on the next boat to the Twilight Isles.

"Pascal, you seem to have a silver tongue. Any chance you can make sure we get a good deal and possibly haggle us some supplies for the journey?"

Deedeeminotaur
2018-01-21, 04:23 PM
Selling the goods is fairly straightforward in a busy port town. Pascal has not only been before, but is aware of the traditions. The docks are the better place to sell general goods like weapons and horses, but unless you know who to ask for, you probably won't find them. If you sell at the marketplace in town, it's straightforward, but the savvy merchants, masters of supply and demand, will be harder to negotiate a good price with.

The road downhill to the docks is a cobbled road lined with stone and wooden houses, and closer to the bottom where the hill levels out, animals feed in the streets whilst children fight with sticks. It is a poorer area, but not downtrodden and miserable as in some other cities. The warehouses loom in the distance. Great stone buildings, some with small keeps or upper floors made from wood. The dock itself is a busy hive of ships sailing in and out and loading up and a vast sea sweeps out in front of them as far as the eye can see.

The closest warehouse to the road is the Barnes Trading Company's property; the family company that put up the contract about robberies, just as Hakan reported. At the door, a frail and frustrated looking man is arguing with his guard on the door, but they are arguing in frantic, hushed whispers.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/75/04/94/750494c17dc2326918d11fbe609ea620--medieval-town-medieval-castle.jpg

Anyone can make a streetwise roll to find the merchants at the docks. If no one is successful, then the only alternative will be to sell to the merchants in town.
Horses are fairly common in the area, but an average price would be around 60 pounds for a horse. A persuasion roll will be necessary to see how much you can get for the items. I'm going to take Pascal's roll unless someone else would like to try selling them.

1. Streetwise rolls to find dock merchants.
2. Persuasion roll from whoever is selling.
3. Tell me what the party is doing with regards to the warehouse and or ships.

Toluene7
2018-01-21, 06:56 PM
As Hákan made his way down the cobbled road, he felt jostled and annoyed, not just with the passing townsfolk and tradesmen but also with his guild's wizard, Rol. He was annoyed that he wasn't there to stick up for his friends while they dealt with the passing of Pelengil. He had known Rol was a racist and generally unpleasant to behold.

As Hákan approach the Barnes Trading Company warehouse, he could see two men quietly arguing.
"Excuse me good sirs, I am Hákan from the Sunport Firestriders guild and i have been tasked to help you investigate the goings on at your warehouse, how can my team and I help?"

Hatt Mawkins
2018-01-22, 04:50 AM
Hatt wandered down to the docks, following Hakan. As the elf stopped to talk to somebody Hatt walked past him and continued towards the moored ships.
Hatt was given a wide berth as he made his way through the crowds, not only was he a man of unusual size and heritage but he was also clutching Pelengil's spare robe to his chest and letting out the occasional sob.

He looked about for ships that were loading up - Pelengil had explained what they'd need to look for shortly before he passed - and gingerly approached the ones he thought might be leaving soon, asking the friendliest looking deckhand on each whether the ship was sailing to the Twilight Isle.
"Scuse me sir, could you tell me where you're going to? Me and my friends need to go to the Twilight Isle."

Notice roll
(1d4)[1](1)
Wild
(1d6)[2](2)
=2

Smarts roll (-2)
(1d4)[3](3)
Wild
(1d6)[1](1)
=1

Deedeeminotaur
2018-01-24, 06:14 PM
Whilst Pascal was off somewhere trying to sell the horses and various gear, the others filled the time waiting for him by scouting out the warehouses and the ships.

Unfortunately, Hatt, unaccustomed to sailing practice, was approaching ships that were just mooring, and couldn't find any that were leaving. Several sailors and dock workers smirked and one even said he'd do it for 1000 pounds. His friend quickly nudged him in the ribs when he realised that even between the 4 of them on that dock, this was not a fight they wanted if Hatt didn't take kindly to the joke (assuming he understood it). Eventually, one talked straight to him, although it was a little slow and condescending.

"Friend, you ain't likely to find someone who will take you to the Twilight Isle without charging a big fee."

He gestures 'big fee' with his hands far apart.

"Blackport is a dangerous place and all trading is done fast like, without time for folks to lollygag in the town. If you get your own ship, you could go to any of the coves, and there's lots of them. Otherwise, you're looking at least 100 pounds a person!"

The two arguing men spot Hakan and the older one turns towards Hakan after he introduced himself.

"Ah, I knew someone would come to help."

He turned to smile triumphantly at the guard.

"Greetings Hakan, I'm Elden Barnes, the eldest of the Barnes brothers. Finally someone with competence has come to help us out. Listen,
it's getting late in the day, and I could do with a couple of men to wait inside. A sit in, if you will. I'm afraid we're not doing quite so well for money because of these blasted robberies, but we could spare some coins, or perhaps a favour? We were a big organisation once, you know."

He looks round, a little confused.

"Is it just yourself, or do you have more people with you? I only need you to sit in and report to me in the morning, but it might be safer with more people. The last person who did it alone had vanished by the morning.".

Do you accept the quest? Persuasion might be handy here, common knowledge about Barnes Trading Company might be useful. This could lead to passage to the Twilight Isles.

BjornTheBrave
2018-01-25, 04:58 AM
"Greetings Elder Barnes. I'm Bjorn, a comrade of Hakan. We'd be happy to help, but would favour that favour over coin. You mention that you were once a large company and I imagine traded throughout the lands and seas. So is there a chance you'd be willing to let us use a boat you may have spare or no longer use?"

"We'd need about an hour to gather supplies before we sit in, if that is OK with you."

Pascal
2018-01-27, 03:26 PM
Pascal found a shop and gingerly slunk inside, he approached the man at the counter "My good man, I have 4 very fine horses to sell, give me a fair price?"

Deedeeminotaur
2018-01-28, 05:29 PM
The shopkeeper kept a curious eye on Pascal as he entered the shop, but his initial suspicion was quickly put aside as Pascal disarmed him with a cheeky smile. On hearing that horses were for sale, his eyes perked up and he made his way outside to inspect them.

"Well-bred, in good fettle; I'll give you 240 pounds for the four of them."

Pascal reached the docks in time to hear Barnes explain the layout of the warehouse.

"I actually have the floorplan here if you'd like to take a look at it. So far, they have never got into the strongroom. They didn't notice it is hidden behind the big canvas in the office. However, I believe they intend to strike there tonight. I suggest hiding by one of the shelves on the main floor and observing them, then ambush them when they get to the office. Here's the key to the office and main warehouse, you can go in anytime from now to start setting up. I've dismissed the staff early today anyway."

https://imageshack.com/i/pnuviWzzp

He turns to Bjorn.

"Alas, we need our ships, but we can offer you passage somewhere on the way. We have ships headed past Blackport to the small northern ports of Argenta. Where was it you needed to go?"

BjornTheBrave
2018-01-29, 05:58 PM
"We need passage to the Twilight Isles if that's achievable then we have a deal."

With terms agreed, and a couple of hours left of daylight Bjorn sets off to gather supplies for the days ahead, following the directions Pascal gave to him.

On his way back Bjorn, with some help from Bloodwing, manages to find Hatt and tell him they've secured passage to the Twilight Isles in exchange for some light guard work back at the warehouse.

As the light begins to dim and merge into the evening Bjorn returns to the warehouse, sets up his station in the office and begins to study his newly acquired books. Throughout the watch Bloodwing is perched on top of the roof of the warehouse keeping guard and ready to warn Bjorn of anything suspicious.

Hatt Mawkins
2018-01-30, 01:35 PM
Hatt entered the warehouse with a sigh, it all seemed trivial now.
"Excuse me," Hatt said, looking at the warehouse owner, "Could I have the key to this main door please?" He banged on the door with a meaty fist to reinforce his request. "I'll look after it, an' you know nobody'll get it off me." This last he added with a proud grin.

Having been given the key Hatt surveyed the dusty warehouse.
I may be a bit slow but I'm not stupid. Thought Hatt as he started his lap of the shelves. Leaving no nook or crevice safe he scoured the entire warehouse. Finally, self assured that there was nobody hiding, he took a seat on a crate by the warehouse door. He set his flail next to him and took a small loaf of bread from his pack, chewing the stale bread with enthusiasm.

"There ain't nobody in here who shouldn't be fellas," Hatt called out, "an' nobody else is getting in without going through me." He added, patting the pocket containing the main door key.

Toluene7
2018-01-30, 04:11 PM
"Thank you, Elden for the floorplans, the main door will certainly be safe with Hatt covering it."

Hakan then took the office key from Elden before entering the warehouse behind Hatt. Looking around the dusty warehouse Hakan was deciding where best to put his hunting trap he acquired several days ago. Upon opening the office door Hakan could see it was narrow and perfect for his trap. Hakan had a quick look in the office to make sure it was clear of people and potential entrances. Seeing that it was dark and quiet Hakan set to arming his trap in the narrow passage just behind the door into the office. Shutting the door behind him he went back to his friends to let them know what he had done.

"Okay, i want us dotted around the warehouse. I have laid a trap behind the door to the office and locked it. I am going to hide up in the top left corner of the room behind some crates, so i'll have a clear view of the office door and i'll keep the key with me."

Hakan then started stacking the crates to allow him to easily see down both passages without being seen himself. Knowing how important this is for the group he decided to stay up all night.

Deedeeminotaur
2018-01-30, 05:15 PM
The day turns to evening, the evening gives way to night time. Whilst the party are spread across the warehouse, they are all keeping an eye on the warehouse floor and office. Hatt is the first to notice a high-pitched note. Like someone whistling, it drops in and out of focus and tune, but never stops. After a minute of this, Moxy hears it too, and from where she's hidden near the shelves, she can see a faint shimmering through the unglazed window frame to the office, right next to the strongroom door. With a crack like a whip, dry and sharp, a man is standing there facing the door with his back to Bjorn. He turns quickly and sees Bjorn by the table. With a roar, he screeches an incantation and with 4 simultaneous-sounding whipcracks, five men apparate from nowhere, three and a half scattered on the warehouse floor and one in the office right beside him. All of the men begin climbing to their feet and drawing their swords except for the grisly half a man right under the window. Clearly not all of him made it through the teleportation and his dead, glassy eyes look up at the ceiling whilst one of his arms is still twitching slightly.

This combat will run without a realtime map. Just say who you want to attack (burglar 1, 2 etc.) and assume you're within short range for ranged attacks or you can attack with melee if you're in the same 'zone' (zones are the office and the warehouse floor). The burglar in the office (burglar
1) is standing between Bjorn and the wizard.

Burglar (x4)
They move lithely, with grace and silence, but beware their blades.
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d6, Intimidation d6, Lockpicking d8, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Taunt d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5(1)
Shortsword (str+d6), leather armour (1)

Wizard
He appeared from nowhere, and his magical presence is terrifying.
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d6, Intimidation d8, Lockpicking d4, Notice d8, Spellcasting d8, Stealth d10
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Dagger (str+d4)
Spells: Bolt, shield, teleport, pummel.

Initiative:

Hatt: Jack of Spades
Moxy: 9 of Spades
Pascal: 8 of Hearts
Bjorn: 7 of Hearts
Enemies: 4 of Spades
Hakan: 2 of Hearts

Ask on Whatsapp if you have any questions.

Hatt Mawkins
2018-01-31, 04:39 PM
The bread dropped from Hatt's hand, he spat out the chunk he'd been chewing and swept up his flail.
With a roar he charged the group of villains who'd had just appeared in front of his very eyes, swinging his peasant flail in a wild arc without concern for his own safety.

The flail struck the burglars and barely seemed to slow. The first's head snapped to the side with a loud crack!, his lifeless body dropped without a sound. The flails head carried on, striking the second figure in the ribs, with a scream he fell, his ribcage crushed, he cried out once more before going silent and still.

Hatt turned towards the remaining figure, his eyes wild.

Wild Attack (+2) *and* Sweep Attack (-2)

Attack Vs Burglar 1:
(1d8)[7](7)
Wild:
(1d6)[1](1)

Attack Vs Burglar 2:
(1d8)[7](7)
Wild:
(1d6)[1](1)

Damage for above attacks (+2 for Wild Attack)

Damage Vs Burglar 1:
(1d10)[10](10)
Ace:(1d10)[9](9)
(1d8)[2](2)
+2

Total : 23

Damage Vs Burglar 2:
(1d10)[8](8)
(1d8)[2](2)
+2

Total : 12

Lliryn
2018-02-01, 03:58 PM
Moxy leapt from the shadows, drawing two daggers. Hatt's flail flashed out and caught the nearest burglar before her blade could reach him, throwing him to the floor. The final enemy turned in shock as his comrades fell under Hatt's ferocious attack, allowing her to dart in behind unnoticed and sink her second dagger into his side. The burglar reeled away clutching the wound.

Stealth roll:
(1d8)[4](4)

Wild:
(1d6)[2](2)

Fighting roll + off hand:
(1d10)[3](3)
(1d10)[10](10) -2

Wild die + off hand (assume this is also -2):
(1d6)[2](2)
(1d6)[5](5) -2

Off hand hit.

Damage:
(1d4)[4](4)

Damage ace:
(1d4)[1](1) + 2 (stealth success)

Total 7 damage to burglar 4 (shaken)

BjornTheBrave
2018-02-01, 05:52 PM
Bjorn looked up from his book with a smirk. He knew the job wasn't going to be as simple as planned. With one fluid motion, Bjorn unsheathes his blade and slices at the burglar now in front of him.

4 to hot. 6 +1 damage (+3 on raise)

Pascal
2018-02-02, 09:21 PM
Pascal crept gingerly into the corner and hid behind a barrel "I think I'll let the boys handle this one" he said to himself.

Deedeeminotaur
2018-02-02, 10:01 PM
The burglars, surprised to see a party of warriors waiting for them, are cut down quickly. 3 of them fell to blades and flails very quickly. Moxy seriously wounded the last burglar on the warehouse floor. He is bleeding badly, and although he tries to rally himself, he ends up just slumping against the wall, struggling to catch a breath.

The burglar in the office is cut down quickly by Bjorn's blade, and slumps backwards, dead across the wizard. The Wizard shrugs him off with a look of disdain and, sneering, begins to cast a spell. He prepares something in his hands, tossing the magic around his body briefly before raising both hands suddenly. Nothing happens for a second, and his look of triumph quickly turns to confusion. After a second, flames shoot up in front of him, instead of around him and the blast pushes him backwards into the wall. He looks shaken, but quickly recovers himself.

Some poor rolls from the NPCs. The burglar failed his spirit roll, so he is still shaken. The wizard failed his spellcasting roll and so is unable to cast a spell this round. He would be shaken, but he is spending a GM benny (I have 4 left - started with 5, one per PC) to automatically recover from shaken.

Toluene7
2018-02-04, 07:24 PM
Hakan, was just starting to nod off when he heard a weird noise coming from near the door. Hakan jumped up and slid through the crates, he was concealed behind, as he did so he heard a roar from Hatt and a massive crash like a glass breaking. Hakan then broke into a run heading towards the office door before reaching the door Hakan spotted the bloody seen that Hatt and Moxy created by the main door. Hakan then made to open the office door to check on Bjorn, clearly seeing that the others were fine. Although Hakan had to double take as he could just see two cat ears poking out from behind a barrel, "Bloody pacifist", Hakan murmured.

On opening the door Hakan lightly hopped over the hunting trap and made his way down the small narrow passage to the office, coming around the corner Hakan saw the wizard cast something odd at Bjorn but it seemed to backfire, enraged by this attempt to do harm to his friend, Hakan held out his arms and with deep concentration summoned 2 ice spirits. With pure hatred Hakan commanded his spirits to attack the wizard. The ice spirits then lunged forward but in the charge they collided with each other, one of which then disappointedly flew out the broken window, however the other still hit the wizard in the arm. As the ice spirit touched the wizard's arm, ice formed on the wizard's skin below the torn sleeve.

Summon 2 ice spirits

1d10 [8] -2 =6(Success)

Ice Spirits Hit

2d6[1][5] (Critical Fail/Success)

Ice Spirit Dmg

1d4[2] =2 dmg + slow for 1 round

Lliryn
2018-02-06, 03:03 PM
Leaving the injured burglar slumped against the wall, Moxy heard sounds of combat coming from the office. She crept over to the door in case the enemies tried to escape and crouched down, listening out for any approaching footsteps.

Stealth roll:
(1d8)[2](2)

Wild die:
(1d6)[4](4)

Hatt Mawkins
2018-02-06, 03:05 PM
Hatt looked around at the bodies on the floor, his rage leaving him. With a sigh he walked over to the slumped burglar struggling to stand. Kicking away his weapon and grabbing him by the collar of his jacket Hatt dragged him over to the office window.
Dropping the wounded man to the floor and putting his booted foot upon his chest Hatt raised his flail, glaring menacingly at the robed figure in the office.
"You alright in there mate?" Hatt called to Bjorn.

BjornTheBrave
2018-02-06, 05:36 PM
"I might need a little help if you've got a free hand big man. This ones slippery and I fear he may disappear as quickly as they appeared."

Hatt Mawkins
2018-02-06, 05:59 PM
"I don't give a goblin's nob if he disappears, so long as he don't take anything with him." Replied Hatt. "We're guard's, not bloody executioners mate."

BjornTheBrave
2018-02-07, 11:21 AM
"The job's unfinished if he get's away, nothing to stop him coming back with more people tomorrow. And if the job's not finished, we can't get to the Twilight Isles"

"I'm not telling you to kill him, we could bind his hands and gag him so he can't cast spells. Hell, you can ask him nicely but I don't think that'll work."

Deedeeminotaur
2018-02-14, 08:09 PM
Whilst Bjorn and Hatt have an extended argument, the Wizard, initially distracted by fending off the ice spirits, begins to chant. He whirls his hands round and with a click of his fingers and a smug smile, disappears...

...less than a second later however, he reappears and is cast towards the wall by the backlash of the spell which had clearly not gone to plan.

"Curses! I'll not go down without a fight" he exclaims, and he begins weaving his hands together once more.

He tried to teleport away and failed (again).

Smarts roll to teleport to unseen location

(1d10)[2](2)

(1d6)[1](1)

Spellcasting roll for teleport

(1d8)[2](2) -3

(1d6)[1](1) -3

Spending a benny to remove 'shaken' status.

BjornTheBrave
2018-02-15, 02:07 PM
Bjorn, seeing the wizard was clearly panicked. As he had more questions than enemies currently, Bjorn rotated his short sword as to be hilt first and with one swift action knocked the wizard unconscious. Or at least that was the plan, this wizard seems to be tougher than expected.

Hey guys! Do any of you want to come and knock this dude unconscious with me? I feel like he may have some answers"

Lliryn
2018-02-16, 02:24 PM
Hearing Bjorn's shout from the office, Moxy strode into the room and smacked the wizard across the face with the hilt of her dagger. He looked dazed but remained conscious, eyelids flickering.

5 damage with off hand dagger

Deedeeminotaur
2018-02-16, 09:51 PM
The wizard realises his fate is sealed unless he manages to destroy someone. A wounded, but dangerous threat, there is still some hope of escaping. He casts his hand towards Bjorn and screams the incantation, but his wounds overcome him and his fingers emit a faint shower of sparks. He looks broken and slouches back against the wall.

"Make it quick. I haven't the energy left anymore" he snarls.

Two more horrible rolls. The wizard missed every spell. Hilarious. He has surrendered to you.

Toluene7
2018-02-18, 05:24 PM
Just as Hákan was about to command another attack on the Wizard, the Wizard surrended slouching against the wall, defeated. Hákan clenched his hands and lowered his arms to his sides, with this, the Ice Spirits vanished without a trace.

"I say we bind his wrists and take him to the Guild to answer for his crimes."

BjornTheBrave
2018-02-20, 01:15 PM
"Seconded. Although I'd like to gag him to prevent him literally talking his way out of here. I say we take him to the guild at first light. With any luck we can be on a ship to the Twilight Isles this afternoon.

Bjorn begins to loot the bodies of the burglars, taking anything of use and clothing to fashion binds for the hands and mouth of the wizard.

Deedeeminotaur
2018-02-20, 05:29 PM
The wizard and his crew defeated, the party had to explain themselves to Elden and the Firestriders. The crew has the opportunity to ask the restrained wizard some questions on the way to the guild.

The Firestriders are glad to see the contract fulfilled and pay Hakan the 100 pounds promised. Alluin, Hakan's bitter rival watches sneeringly as the insubstantial sum is paid. The guild have made a small amount on the contract, but Elden Barnes' promise of travel to the Twilight Isles should supplement this.

Elden Barnes asks Pascal what happened during the night, having checked on the grisly sight of the warehouse in the morning. He informs the party that the boat is leaving in the evening to catch the tide, but for financial reasons, they're taking other passengers who have paid a small fee to join them.

Ask the Wizard any questions and I'll answer them through WhatsApp or in the next post if appropriate. The party have a few hours to carouse and finish up any other business in Sunport. On Friday night, we set sail!

Hatt Mawkins
2018-02-24, 11:51 AM
"Hello Sir, as you can see a bunch of blokes came in but we dealt with 'em. Wasn't an issue at all. Dunno if you recognise any of 'em..." Said Hatt, addressing Elden.

"Right, to the ship then right?" Hatt raised his voice so his cohort could hear but only looked towards Pascal, nodding towards the docks before setting off, heaving his pack onto his back.

Deedeeminotaur
2018-02-25, 06:31 PM
The ship leaves late into the evening, and other merchants at the docks look a little surprised to see people going onto the ship. Hakan sees Alluin, his rival from the Firestriders' boarding the ship and shaking hands with Elden. Elden himself isn't going aboard the ship, but he's helping load Alluin's great chest aboard the ship. Alluin isn't the only other passenger abord the ship though.

A female Rakshasa is just in front of the party. She has a hooded cloak wrapped around her, and keeps her head down, but catches Pascal's eyes just for a second whilst she boards.

A couple of big humans with greatswords strapped to their backs are already aboard the ship, leaning over the railings as if leaning over the bar. They say very little, and seem to be assessing the other passengers.

A woman and two children are huddled aboard the deck. They have a single, large backpack between them and they are huddled against the central mast on the deck since they haven't been allowed to go below yet.

The ship itself, the Snapper, is a 3 masted cog. It's sturdy looking, but weathered - a relic of a formerly great ship. The crew are all a lot older than the crews loading the other nearby ships. They are typical-looking sailors and some of them are armed with shortswords on their hip.

Elden personally comes to talk to Bjorn.

"Thank you for taking care of my warehouse problem. The Wizard was apparently worked for the Ravens and they have found a new way to commit a burglary. I fear just one more time and they may have worked out how to teleport directly into, and then out of, my strongroom! I hope you find the passage to Blackport as comfortable as 2 days sailing on a rough sea can be. We're slightly undercrewed, hence the delay, but this experienced lot will get you there safe and sound. My 'office' hasn't been used as such in years, since I rarely travel with the ship these days. You can use it as your quarters, I trust it will be spacious enough for the 5 of you to put a hammock up. Anything else, direct your enquiry to Captain Ekram."

With this he gestures to a muscular, older half-orc at the helm of the ship who seems, uncannily, to turn to the party despite being 20 feet away. He departs, as does the ship and the ship starts its two-day voyage.

BjornTheBrave
2018-02-26, 05:07 PM
You're most welcome Elden, although you are also helping us and so I must offer our most sincerest thanks to you. Tell me, what do you know of Blackport and the Twilight Isles? These lands are unfamiliar to me and any information would be appreciated about its people and lands.

Hatt Mawkins
2018-02-27, 07:17 AM
Hatt takes in the scene with a sigh. His eyes lingering on the woman with her children by the mast, making a note to keep an eye on them.

Walking over to the railing, next to the pair of humans, Hatt dumps his pack, leans his flail on the railing, leans on it himself and stares out over the side of the ship.
"Alright?" says Hatt, addressing the men, "You heading to the Cat-man lands too then?" Without waiting for a reply he adds, "Those are very big swords, I've never seen one that big, is it heavy? You must be quite strong.."

Toluene7
2018-02-28, 01:05 PM
Receiving payment for the contract Hakan boarded the ship. As Hakan saw the gang he made his way to each of them in turn handing them Ł10 each for their part in the warehouse.

On hearing Elden offer his personal quarters, Hakan quickly made his way to the cabin to get the best spot. "I am the oldest after all" Hakan thought. Placing his sack by the only bed he then laid down and quickly fell asleep. It was a long night after all.

Deedeeminotaur
2018-03-01, 09:00 PM
Before he left, Elden was briefly able to share his experiences of the Twilight Isles. He reported that whilst he didn't go to shore much in Blackport he had been there many times over the years on business and his concern for corruption was well founded, with bribes being paid to dock and distribute and trade. The rest of the Twilight Isles are dangerous, not because of the Rakshasa, but because of the exotic and poorly understood flora and fauna native to the island.

The two big men look at Hatt as he approaches. Obviously wary, they wait for him to speak first. One of them chuckles at Hatt's mention of 'cat-lands', but they are friendly enough in their own gruff way.

"Yeah, the swords are heavy, but that's all the better for men trained as we have been. The Sunport Immortal Bears specialise in fighting bigger quarry.
Puny little swords would do nothing for us. Our guild has tasked us with perhaps our most dangerous mission to date, but we're confident Deon will bless us and grant us success."

With Hakan occupying the only bed, the others will have to settle for a hammock. A hammock strung across a gently-rocking ship is surprisingly comfortable and there are no disturbances during the first evening. Early in the morning, however, the crew are gathering around something on deck. A member of the crew has been killed. His neck is clearly broken and there are scratches and bites, big bites, all over his visible flesh. Alluin, the two Immortal Bears and Captain Ekram are already on deck. Ekram is barking instructions at the crew and demands to see the passengers all on deck.

BjornTheBrave
2018-03-04, 06:39 AM
Bjorn had spent most of the journey so far trying to study the trinket, he'd never see anything like it before and the commotion on deck made the task even more difficult and frustrating. After hearing the command for all passengers to be on deck, Bjorn reluctantly put the trinket back into his pocket, making a note to ask the party about it later, and made his way outside, calling down Bloodwing from the skies.

Lliryn
2018-03-05, 01:59 PM
As the group had approached the docks Moxy's eyes had widened at her first sight of the sea. She remembered as a child refusing to go in the lake where the other halfling children would play – the murky water where she couldn't see the bottom or what may be swimming around her legs. Since then she hadn't had much to do with seas or rivers or lakes, and the great blue expanse in front of them sent her knees quaking and her palms sweating. It was all she could do to inch across the gangplank and since then she had scuttled down to the cabin and tried to keep her mind off the churning feeling in her stomach. On hearing the command from the Captain, Moxy dragged herself from the hammock and tottered up the stairs. The salty air made her feel sick as it gusted across the deck and she couldn't help but glance at the roiling waves. She didn't care much about the dead crew member, focusing instead on the floor and trying not to feel faint.

Toluene7
2018-03-06, 06:55 PM
With a jerk Hakan woke from his slumber, still not fully conscious Hakan swung his legs round and onto the floor and sat upright trying to wake his tired brain. Now more alert Hakan heard the rolling waves agaisnt the hull of the ship, felt the swaying of the boat and smelt the salt of the sea. Then on the other side of the cabin wall, shouts rang out and footsteps hurried across the deck.

"What on earth"

Looking across the room he could just see Moxy disappearing behing the closing door. With a groan Hakan got to his feet, straighten his robes and followed. Finding the source of the commotion out on deck, Hakan made his way there in a few long strides. Looking down at the crewman Hakan was shocked to see that the man had died in such a horrible way, with his head nearly torn off and chunks of flesh missing from his corpse. Backing away to the nearest bulwark Hakan leant against it for support while he tried to figure out who could do such a thing. Must be someone strong to break the mans neck so badly and perhaps something fairly wild to then take bites out of the victim. Glancing over at the two Immortal Bears, Hakan then waited for the Captain to start the investigation.

Deedeeminotaur
2018-03-07, 05:30 PM
"I don't know what foul manner of beast did this, but someone aboard the ship is guilty. If we weren't nearly half-way there I would turn the ship around. Tonight, all passengers stay in your rooms. The crew are the only ones allowed on deck!"

Ekram's instruction cows even the Immortal Bears and they nod, stoically, upon receiving the order. The refugee family and hooded Rakshasa also mutter an agreement. Alluin snorts derisively and, making eye contact with Hakan says, in a voice not quite loud enough for Ekram to hear:

"Ha, I'll go where I please. I may choose to stay in my cabin or roam the decks, this trivial incident doesn't scare me."

The day passes without incident and the crew warily watch all the passengers, wherever they are on the ship. The hooded Rakshasa approaches Pascal.

"I must speak with you before you disembark the ship, meet me in the sick bay tonight. There is no doctor on board, so we should be alone."

She walks off without waiting for a reply.

Hatt Mawkins
2018-03-08, 02:27 PM
One by one Hatt approaches the other passengers, still carrying his flail. He bluntly asks each "Hello, where are you sleeping on the boat?"

The last he comes to are the refugee family, he peers closely at them before asking the same question.

Notice

(1d4)[2](2)

Wild

(1d6)[1](1)

BjornTheBrave
2018-04-07, 07:34 AM
Bjorn sensed a strange sensation as he sat in the cabin, a calling if you will from the sea, one he couldn't resist. He found himself upright, walking on deck and had jumped into the water before he could think. It was below the water that he could finally see what was calling to him, a beast foretold by stray sailors but never by survivors. A monster larger than the most exaggerated tale, the Kraken!

Bjorn was frozen in fear He felt himself being pulled toward the beast, but this time in mind and not body. Bjorn had Warged with the Krakken and saw himself reach upwards with the tree trunk-like tentacles towards the surface. In an instance, uncontrollably, the ship was no more. Only splinters remained where the galleon once was, and slowly, one by one, he fed on the fleeing survivors.