PDA

View Full Version : Spell list expansion

Shadowbane13
2017-04-07, 11:42 AM
Is there a way to increase the spells a duskblade can learn? Or maybe a bigger spell list somewhere?

Vizzerdrix
2017-04-07, 12:00 PM
All kinds of ways. Dips into sandshaper and mage of the arcane order (this one requires heavy feat investment).

Recaster if you are a changling.

Runestaves and drake helms.

Several feats such as mother cyst and cerebrosis.

Others will post more but these should get you started.

sleepyphoenixx
2017-04-07, 01:35 PM
I don't know if Ways to Expand a Spell List (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2777) has all of them (the 1st party ones at least), but it certainly has most.

Dagroth
2017-04-07, 05:54 PM
Be warned... as a Spontaneous caster, you're just like a Sorcerer when it comes to adding new spells.

For example, taking the first level of Rainbow Servant does indeed give you the Good Domain... but you have to use your class's "spells known" chart to actually add those spells to the list of spells you can cast.

Sand Shaper (Sandstorm, pg 76) specifically gives you the spells as spells known, which is a huge boost. I know the Bloodlines from Dragon Compendium also add the spells as spells known. Not sure which other ones specifically do.

Shadowbane13
2017-04-08, 12:49 PM
No possible spell feat to add spells? Was trying to avoid cross-classing more than needed. I'm more melee focused but there are times that a spell is ideal if you know what I mean.

Cosi
2017-04-08, 12:55 PM
No possible spell feat to add spells? Was trying to avoid cross-classing more than needed. I'm more melee focused but there are times that a spell is ideal if you know what I mean.

Arcane Disciple (CDiv) can net you some spells. Depending on book v. errata Extra Spell (CArc) may work.

Vizzerdrix
2017-04-08, 01:11 PM

I mentioned a few.

Thurbane
2017-04-08, 07:07 PM
Arcane Disciple (CDiv) can net you some spells. Depending on book v. errata Extra Spell (CArc) may work.

The Bloodline Feats in Dragon Compendium work on a Duskblade.

Earth Bloodline is my personal favorite for a gish-type: 1st—Enlarge person
2nd—Shatter
3rd—Keen Edge
4th—Stone Shape
5th—Transmute Mud to Rock