PDA

View Full Version : New feat, PEACH!

Goladar
2017-04-07, 02:53 PM
First time creating new(sorta) content. What do you guys think?

Divine Strike
Type:Divine
Your channeled energy lets you strike a particular foe with greater power.
Prerequisite: the ability to turn or rebuke undead, bab +1
Benefit:As long as you have a single turn attempt, you may use the positive energy to strengthen your martial abilities. As a swift action, you may grant yourself a sacred bonus on attack and damage equal to 1 per 4 levels. This ability lasts for a number of rounds equal to the bonus on attack and damage. This ability may be used 3 times per day.

CharonsHelper
2017-04-07, 03:03 PM
So... it's giving a better smite to clerics?

Blu
2017-04-07, 03:07 PM
First, shouldn't the feat be in the homebrew section?

Second, i think this feat could be used as a paladin specific feat, otherwise it will just buff a class that is already powerfull enough. For a paladin, the buff is very welcome and can ease their life a little.

SangoProduction
2017-04-07, 03:11 PM
what's PEACH supposed to mean?

Venger
2017-04-07, 03:21 PM
what's PEACH supposed to mean?

please evaluate and critique honestly

as has been mentioned, first you want this moved to the homebrew forum, second, while this feat's okay balancewise (could do with being stronger, honestly) there's never any reason to select it over other divine feats. Why do you make it consume your swift? Having it function like a reserve feat in that it's only operative as long as you have a turn left is kind of interesting, but if that's your design philosophy, why are you capping it at 3/day?

Goladar
2017-04-07, 04:34 PM
please evaluate and critique honestly

as has been mentioned, first you want this moved to the homebrew forum, second, while this feat's okay balancewise (could do with being stronger, honestly) there's never any reason to select it over other divine feats. Why do you make it consume your swift? Having it function like a reserve feat in that it's only operative as long as you have a turn left is kind of interesting, but if that's your design philosophy, why are you capping it at 3/day?

Didn't think about the homebrew forum as I never go there.

I'm caping it at 3/day because I think it would be too powerful as an at-will ability

*facepalm* I completely forgot about smite evil. Whatever, there aren't any Paladins in my game anyways.

Ashtagon
2017-04-07, 05:03 PM
First time creating new(sorta) content. What do you guys think?

Divine Strike
Type:Divine
Your channeled energy lets you strike a particular foe with greater power.
Prerequisite: the ability to turn or rebuke undead, bab +1
Benefit:As long as you have a single turn attempt, you may use the positive energy to strengthen your martial abilities. As a swift action, you may grant yourself a sacred bonus on attack and damage equal to 1 per 4 levels. This ability lasts for a number of rounds equal to the bonus on attack and damage. This ability may be used 3 times per day.

Divine feats that key off turning attempts normally consume a turning attempt each time the feat is used. As written, this feat doesn't, making it break the usual feat conventions. That may throw some people.

Prerequisites favour clerics, and force paladins to delay access to the feat.

The benefit amounts to exactly nothing at character levels 1-3. You might want to add in "character level 4+" to the prerequisites to avoid that divide by zero issue.

If I were re-writing this, I'd make it consume a turn attempt per use, replacing the 3/day limit. I'd also extend the duration a bit, perhaps even to a minute at a time (to make it effectively an encounter-duration power).