PDA

View Full Version : permanent spell gp cost

Thac0 Redeye
2017-04-07, 10:08 PM
I am looking for the gp cost to have a spell cast on my barbarian and to be cast permanently, but I need help to figure how much it will cost. is there a set rule like the DMG has for creating magic items listed anywhere and if not what would be acceptable?
thanks

Venger
2017-04-07, 10:26 PM
I am looking for the gp cost to have a spell cast on my barbarian and to be cast permanently, but I need help to figure how much it will cost. is there a set rule like the DMG has for creating magic items listed anywhere and if not what would be acceptable?
thanks

if it's not a spell listed in permanency, there is no hard and fast rule about it. you could probably use the custom magic item creation rules as a jumping off point and then apply a discount as agreed upon with your gm since it's vulnerable to dispel.

what spell is it? some spells, such as ray deflection are simply too powerful to permanency.

Gildedragon
2017-04-07, 10:31 PM
As with Permanency?
The SRD has a list of valid spells.

A "standard" casting of permanency by an npc spellcaster costs -depending on the spell to be permanencied- 2,950gp, 8,050gp, or 13,150gp

TheBrassDuke
2017-04-12, 05:55 AM
Say I want to Permanency Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion--what's the cost?

logic_error
2017-04-12, 05:58 AM
Say I want to Permanency Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion--what's the cost?

It's 2 hrs/ level. Which means at level 12 you can cast it every day for a full day.

TheBrassDuke
2017-04-12, 07:26 AM
But how can it be permanency'd? I remember a comment from Sepulchrave (Tales of Wyre) where he explained how Mostin the Metagnostic did it, but I can't find that.