PDA

View Full Version : Villian we love to hate, converted!

Aleolus
2017-04-08, 06:50 AM
So, this thought occured to me a while back, and I want to get the opinions of my fellows on here who enjoy The Walking Dead.

Neegan. How would you stat him up for a 3.5 or PF character? I have a few ideas, but lets see what you all have!

The Viscount
2017-04-09, 11:12 PM
I'm not super familiar with Negan, but from what I've learned about him, the traits of cultivating a group of followers, demanding loyalty through harsh means, and ruthlessness toward outsiders line up very nicely with Bane of Infidels, a strange PrC from Masters of the Wild.

Venger
2017-04-09, 11:29 PM
dread pirate or war chief may also be thematically appropriate. if he's an NPC, check out "might makes right" which allows you to add your str bonus to your leadership score to attract more guys.

Aleolus
2017-04-10, 12:53 AM
Hmm. See, I was thinking a simply either Fighter/Rogue or Barb/Rogue, either LE or NE, depending. All of his stats 15 or higher, and his Cha an 18, among other things

Venger
2017-04-10, 12:54 AM
Hmm. See, I was thinking a simply either Fighter/Rogue or Barb/Rogue, either LE or NE, depending. All of his stats 15 or higher, and his Cha an 18, among other things

Ok. What kinds of powers did you want him to have?

Calthropstu
2017-04-10, 01:18 AM
Dude, the guy just has a basic, run of the mill leadership feat. He's not something special.

AlanBruce
2017-04-10, 02:39 AM
Are you talking about Negan in the actual Walking Dead setting as depicted in the comics and show, but with 3.5 mechanics?

Because if that's the case, except for a handful of characters, everyone is 1st level, with a few notables going up as high as 6th level to explain Leadership, but these would be a very small group of people (as in, probably less than 10, considering the amount of characters that come as go in both versions).

That being said, Negan dominates the field for a few reasons:

1. He has decent charisma.

2. A decent strength score and a deadly weapon that can one shot the vast majority of low level characters he deals with.

3. The Leadership feat

And most importantly:

4. There are no casters whatsoever in TWD universe.

Aleolus
2017-04-10, 07:55 AM
I'm aware there are no casters in TWD universe, and yes, I was meaning that Negan. I didn't plan on him being above level 6 or 7, though with how high his Leadership score probably is, I could easily believe 8 or even 9. I'm not sure on special abilities, beyond those for his classes. Though, I was thinking more build Negan as he would be in a 3.5 world, not TWD world with 3.5 rules, if that makes much difference

Calthropstu
2017-04-10, 12:26 PM
4. There are no casters whatsoever in TWD universe.

I disagree. Obviously, there's a necromancer somewhere raising these zombies.

AlanBruce
2017-04-10, 12:51 PM
I disagree. Obviously, there's a necromancer somewhere raising these zombies.

That is one of the big questions about that show and comic, which I believe Kirkman will never answer.

In a 3.5 context, take your pick:

Necromancer

Bunch of Necromancers

Undead Churches and their priesthood

Elder Evils (the setting is referred to mostly as the apocalypse, so this one might fit)

Aleolus
2017-04-10, 12:59 PM
That is one of the big questions about that show and comic, which I believe Kirkman will never answer.

Within the context of the actual The Walking Dead comic/show, you are probably right. However, the creators for the spinoff/prequel series Fear the Walking Dead have stated that that show will reveal the origins of the dead rising within it, and since fear is official cannon for TWD universe, we will eventually find out, even if Rick and all of them never do

AlanBruce
2017-04-10, 01:25 PM
Within the context of the actual The Walking Dead comic/show, you are probably right. However, the creators for the spinoff/prequel series Fear the Walking Dead have stated that that show will reveal the origins of the dead rising within it, and since fear is official cannon for TWD universe, we will eventually find out, even if Rick and all of them never do

I have seen a few episodes of Fear the Walking Dead (the pilot and a few following it), but have yet to watch a complete season. I hope they explain it, at least for the readers/viewers of TWD, not so much for the characters, who will forever struggle to survive at this point.

I have been reading the comic for years and although the story is great, as well as character development, it would be nice to have at least a hint at what caused all this madness to happen.