PDA

View Full Version : Embedded Warforged Components - How many?

Teryon
2017-04-08, 11:14 AM
Short version: 3.5(mostly, GM's a fan of some 3.0 stuff).I'm playing a warforged transported to Faerun via interactions from whatever-the-frak happened in Cyre and an errant wizard. I'm finally getting my hands on some magical items after a time skip, and I'm wondering just what are the limits on embedding magical items vs wearing them.

I can make a mental case for 'Whatever you can cram in via money, its magic' as well as 'only one embedded 'slot' and one normal item slot'.

I can also make a case for 'I don't want to be thwacked too hard over the head by the GM', but this is the guy with +40 hide checks in the 5e game I'm running, so I could bring THAT up..

Ive already taken pity by not bringing in Tome of Battle and the Druid isn't abusing her abilities to the max.

So what do we say? RAI, RAW, common sense rulings oh great hive mind of GITP?

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-04-08, 12:05 PM
Short version: 3.5(mostly, GM's a fan of some 3.0 stuff).I'm playing a warforged transported to Faerun via interactions from whatever-the-frak happened in Cyre and an errant wizard. I'm finally getting my hands on some magical items after a time skip, and I'm wondering just what are the limits on embedding magical items vs wearing them.?The only differences between an embedded component and a normal item are that embedded components can only be used by warforged (or someone with UMD, I suppose), and embedded components can't be removed from a warforged's person while he's conscious without his permission.

That's it. All other rules apply, including magic items in body slots and such.

Teryon
2017-04-08, 12:53 PM
Hrm. Must've been mis-reading the campaign setting book. Suppose I'll just pony up twice the gold for slot-less items then. Much thanks.

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-04-08, 12:55 PM
Hrm. Must've been mis-reading the campaign setting book. Suppose I'll just pony up twice the gold for slot-less items then. Much thanks.There are rules in the MIC to add item abilities to pre-existing items for a 1.5x markup. It's cheaper than 2x, and it's definitely worthwhile if you prefer to upgrade existing items than replace old items with new ones.