PDA

View Full Version : Index Need help to write my game

yayassine
2017-04-08, 05:05 PM
Hello I am working on a fantasy MMORPG. I need help to write my story, adventures and aspect of the game. If you could come up with some ideas and begining of stories for quests (I need a begining to start).

Synopsis about the game:
The game will be happening is a wonderful magical world, where the player will be discovering a lot of fictional monsters and animals. The world is divided in 5 kingdoms ( one kingdom for each race). The player will be spawning in his kingdom (classes choosen) then the story can start. The story will be different in each kingdom, to give different quests in. It will be possible to equipe armors, weapons and lot of stuff. Im also working on a crafting system (to upgrade weapon) and fishing system too. Player will be able to collect ressources from monsters and chest. The ressources will allow them to use the crafting sytem.

Some extra stories will have to be made for event. for example:

The invasion of some monster in a special map (town).
The discovery of a new kingdom.
Special stories for christmas, halloween...
And up to your own imagination for more.

This is what I have started:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n4i6F_gk_8dXZvPQh9sxHZ53Jsb_RQEg68VY6wotzjM//

aimlessPolymath
2017-04-08, 05:40 PM
First of all, this is homebrew design. We generally work on designing rules for systems in most cases- if you're looking for advice building your world, I suggest moving this to roleplaying games or the worldbuilding subforum. If you want help designing your game, you're roughly in the right place. If you want to do this, report your own post (use the triangle button on the bottom left corner) and write in the box that you'd like it moved. With that in mind:

This looks extremely bare-bones. Extremely so.

I don't actually know anything about the game from your game concept. I know:
Rough descriptions of your races, which are respectively reskinned humans, elves, dwarves, halflings(almost), and werewolves(in name only?)
The names of a couple things
Apparently you have some lists of things? No information about them, though.
English possibly is not your first language.
Some of your links to images violated Google's terms of service.

Questions:
How much time are you willing to put into implementing quests? The ones you mentioned seem to be relatively complex quests. Should we consider complexity and difficulty of implementation when making suggestions?
What lore is there already decided on? While we can design in a vacuum, having information about the groups involved is a huge help.

yayassine
2017-04-08, 05:51 PM
Yes english is not my first language. The problem is I'm not a creative person at first, I'm more logical and mathematical. I have a lot of ideas that i could list on my document but I won't have the necessary imagination to develop them ideas.

aimlessPolymath
2017-04-08, 07:10 PM
Alright, makes sense.
I chatted with you a bit about lore for races- the document is suddenly inaccessible. What happened?

yayassine
2017-04-08, 07:20 PM
It's accessible now.