PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Making the most high-class Gelatinous Cube? Help please.

SangoProduction
2017-04-08, 10:29 PM
OK. I finally found a group that allows the Gelatinous Cube (from DSP's April Augmented 2016).

"The Gelatinous Cube are a proud and majestic race. It was human wizards' poking and prodding that left many - neigh, most - without capacity for mental thought."

General Jelly, unlike his name implies, was a wealthy magnate from a Rilkan city named Kerruth, with extremely limited experience with the actual art of warfare. Something of a philanthropist, he would often spend the money in development programs for disadvantaged "monstrous" races. Despite what you may have heard, General Jelly and his associates have never given "special treatment" to those of his own kind. His procedures would be the same of any other race unfairly mutilated and mutated by unnatural magics.

Finding himself as one of the eldest and certainly most mentally capable of the Gelatinous Cubes, he knew he had best not take for granted what so many of his kind lacked. He is a Psion, true and pure, with a greater appreciation for The Mind than most - taking an almost religious approach to it. He'd often try and share this gift with others, but they simply lacked the will to keep trying, content with how they already are now.

General Jelly had past his second millennium of life. The days grew long and wistful. He had given up hope of recovering his species. Well, up until his world was turned upside down. Another intelligent Gelatinous Cube had entered town; loud and boisterous as an ogre; cheerful and upbeat as an elf; she was everything. Struck dumb by the sight, General Jelly could do nothing until the day she left. "Another adventure awaits." She said.

"I know what I must do." He said, before handing over the company.
So, General Jelly sets off to adventuring, knowing deep in his heart, soul, and mind, that this was his calling. He, of course, still enjoys the finer things in life, especially a nice, sturdy bed with a glass of fine wine.

So, thinking of that, I'm definitely leaning towards the idea that General Jelly is a Shaper for the minor creation. And thinking more and more about it...I am also liking the idea that he's actually "summoning" by budding. Especially since I would think he'd distaste truly "getting his hands dirty," so to speak.

Do you think he invented the Taco Bowl? Of course he invented the Taco Bowl! That's how he got rich! He eats everything out of edible dishware....and tableware...and table, for the more hungry folk. He'll probably have at least a 5 ranks in Profession (Fancy Cooking), and 5 ranks in Perform (Fine Dining).

Now. Here's the big question. Should I go with a British, or French accent when speaking as him?

Also, are there any other tips I should know about before starting off this character? OK. Don't piss off the players too much by being a pompous ass hat. Got it. Anything else?

Calthropstu
2017-04-08, 11:03 PM
High class needs a top hat and a cane.

SangoProduction
2017-04-08, 11:17 PM
High class needs a top hat and a cane.

YES!!!!! How could I forget!? I mean...I don't know what you are talking about. I always had a top hat and cane.

Zombulian
2017-04-09, 12:04 AM
Monocle is a must.

Celestia
2017-04-09, 12:17 AM
I was going to make a joke about making the cube an aristocrat, but then I found out that is exactly what this thread is actually about. So now I got nothing. :X

And go with the British accent. French is more artsy-fartsy. British is the pompous ass. *nods*

Gildedragon
2017-04-09, 12:44 AM
well obviously the Gen. Jelly isn't a cube; but rather one of those fancy victorian jelly-mold shapes... the ones with the spires and arches.

Kurald Galain
2017-04-09, 01:01 AM
https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0355/49/1413415776501.png I suggest reading up on this webcomic (http://rustyandco.com/comic/level-6-26/) :smallcool:

ATHATH
2017-04-09, 02:06 AM
https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0355/49/1413415776501.png I suggest reading up on this webcomic (http://rustyandco.com/comic/level-6-26/) :smallcool:
I was about to link to that as well.

Your link doesn't point to the same page that has the picture, though.

Celestia
2017-04-09, 02:54 AM
well obviously the Gen. Jelly isn't a cube; but rather one of those fancy victorian jelly-mold shapes... the ones with the spires and arches.
Oh gods, that's great! Now I want to play a fancy jelly cube just so I can do that! XD

Vizzerdrix
2017-04-09, 04:31 AM
Might want to keep an amulet of ooze riding on hand just in case you have to carry someone to safety. It would simply not be gentilmanly to digest an ally in need.

Celestia
2017-04-09, 05:17 AM
Might want to keep an amulet of ooze riding on hand just in case you have to carry someone to safety. It would simply not be gentilmanly to digest an ally in need.
But how do you put it on someone without touching them is the question.

Vizzerdrix
2017-04-09, 05:50 AM
But how do you put it on someone without touching them is the question.

A quick touch shouldnt hurt.

SangoProduction
2017-04-09, 09:17 AM
I suggest reading up on this webcomic (http://rustyandco.com/comic/level-6-26/) :smallcool:

I already do, lol.

SangoProduction
2017-04-09, 09:20 AM

Indeed. Indeed. It would simply be unbecoming of a gentleman.