PDA

View Full Version : Clerics and crafting, golems?

Breakman
2017-04-09, 10:08 AM
So, I'm playing a cleric character in a new campaign, a servant of the god of sloth who seeks to bring peace and laziness across the land. Ironically, I've decided that the best way to do that is to start working on creating construct servants for myself, with the eventual plan of mass producing these puppies and turning the population into the humans from Wall-E. Thus, I began working towards the craft construct feat. As it requires both craft wondrous and craft magic arms and armor, I decided I might as well become the party crafter.

My problem: most constructs and magic items require the creator to cast/know arcane spells. Is there any way to deal with that given that this is not a setting where magic is common and my party has no wizard?

If not, are there even good items/constructs that can be made using only cleric spells?

sleepyphoenixx
2017-04-09, 10:14 AM
There are plenty of items that require spells that are on more than one list or on the cleric or even druid lists to make.
If you want to craft something that requires a spell that's only on the wizard list the Spell domain can help, thanks to Anyspell and Greater Anyspell.