PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Playable Redcap?

Colonel Snazzy
2017-04-10, 10:34 AM
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows of a playable redcap race? My DM suggested I play as one, and I've fallen in love with the idea. On a side note, does the redcap racial ability stack with Powerful Build and Monkeygrip? I kinda want to be able to carry a Gargantuan scythe as a medium character (permanent enlarge person), and just run around hitting people with a weapon that's 8x bigger than me.

Venger
2017-04-10, 10:44 AM
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows of a playable redcap race? My DM suggested I play as one, and I've fallen in love with the idea. On a side note, does the redcap racial ability stack with Powerful Build and Monkeygrip? I kinda want to be able to carry a Gargantuan scythe as a medium character (permanent enlarge person), and just run around hitting people with a weapon that's 8x bigger than me.

Theoretically, it's possible to play one, but with 4 rhd and an la of 4, it's a terrible idea.

if you're interested in using one and want to hit people with a big weapon, take master of many forms. at level 4, you gain the ability to wild shape into fey, so you could turn into a redcap if you really wanted to.

monkey grip is not a good investment. you could obtain a similar effect by buying the strongarm bracers if you'd like. invest in a sizing weapon and get a friend to cast greater mighty wallop and you can deal pretty much as much damage as you want to. enjoy!

Inevitability
2017-04-10, 10:56 AM
Frankly, +0 LA seems fine for young redcaps. The class features and ability boosts really want you to be a martial, but the size and RHD strongly conflict with that. They don't have anything else making them an interesting choice either. Note that this of course assumes the GM won't let you wantonly gain HD.

Colonel Snazzy
2017-04-10, 10:59 AM
Theoretically, it's possible to play one, but with 4 rhd and an la of 4, it's a terrible idea.

if you're interested in using one and want to hit people with a big weapon, take master of many forms. at level 4, you gain the ability to wild shape into fey, so you could turn into a redcap if you really wanted to.

monkey grip is not a good investment. you could obtain a similar effect by buying the strongarm bracers if you'd like. invest in a sizing weapon and get a friend to cast greater mighty wallop and you can deal pretty much as much damage as you want to. enjoy!

The only problem is that it doesn't stack with powerful build either.

Venger
2017-04-10, 11:04 AM
The only problem is that it doesn't stack with powerful build either.

ok.

what's the chassis you're looking at on the character assuming your GM allows an la0 version of the redcap instead of momf? if you were a manifester, expansion can jog you ahead 2 size categories, which would only need to get you to gargantuan.

ShurikVch
2017-04-10, 12:37 PM
I dunno if it of any help, but Kingdoms of Kalamar have different variant of Redcap - it's Pixie (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/sprite.htm#pixie) with "Tainted Fey" template; use the infamous Titan Bloodline (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm#titan); so, how about the Evil carnivorous Pixie with 2-handed Gargantuan Warhammer?