PDA

View Full Version : Individual Miniatures for UK

Karmir
2017-04-10, 11:36 AM
Me and 4 of my friends recently started playing D&D and we have been using some miniatures from a D&D boardgame I've had under my bed for 2 years. We're getting into it so have considered getting miniatures as the current ones are block purple characters with no relation to our PCs at all and our DM only uses them for combat representation. However at our next session we have another friend joining per his request but no more miniatures from the board game set. I've looked into ones online but can't find any that fit our characters well, are in stock or that come from the UK (because shipping from America makes it expensive). In our party we have (all male) a Tiefling Rogue(me), a Lightfoot Halfling Bard, Shou Human monk, a Gold Dragonborn druid and the newcomer hasn't decided yet on their PC yet.
Basically my question is does anyone know of any miniatures that resembles these character which we could get cheaply and if possible from the UK? Also how often are miniatures online restocked as I've seen a few which could work but no clue if they take days or months to be available? Thanks in advance for any help.

Videkus
2017-04-10, 07:45 PM
I know you said you didn't want to ship from the US, but https://www.heroforge.com/ lets you customise your miniature and shipping is $15, which is only $3 when you split it five ways.

LordCdrMilitant
2017-04-10, 08:27 PM
I typically use either paper cut-outs for characters and some enemies in D&D games, and 40k miniatures sometimes when they're appropriate [for games like Dark Heresy, and sometimes just for tokens in D&D]. It helps that I have quite a few [read: quite a lot of] 40k miniatures.

Corpus
2017-04-10, 08:54 PM
If you are willing to paint, your local Games Workshop should have a good selection of fantasy miniatures.

As mentioned above, with Hero forge you can custom build your own. Again , you would have to paint them.

Check eBay for people that are selling old plastic miniatures from 3.0 and 3.5. You can often get groups of them. Buying individually that way can be a bit expensive.

Also check local gaming stores. Sometimes they have a community board that they let people put notices up on (open games, buying, selling, etc)

A few ideas at least.

No brains
2017-04-10, 09:40 PM
Some people dislike how silly it can look, but LEGO minifigs can make adequate minis. You can even customize the characters after creation if you get new equipment.

Mandragola
2017-04-11, 06:13 AM
http://miniature-heroes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=602 has a ton of options for uk minis. They stock stuff like dark sword, reaper and so on.

Laserlight
2017-04-11, 06:54 AM
There are numerous mini companies in the UK, for example Irregular Miniatures. Google for 25mm or 28mm Fantasy Miniatures.

Karmir
2017-04-11, 03:38 PM
Thanks for all the suggestion. Will hopefully be able to find the right ones.

Princess
2017-04-11, 10:44 PM
I'm a fan of some of what hasslefree miniatures, which is based out of the UK offers. They don't have the variety of some of the bigger ones but there are some very expressive character options.

Foxymew
2017-04-12, 10:53 AM
Hero Forge is actually quite nice and quick. I've used it, and they paint really well too, which is uncommon for 3D printed stuff. If you know how to paint, anyway. I don't. I paid a guy. But their shipping is pretty cheap, and my figure was made pretty quick. So I can definitely recommend them.

PaleoJoe
2017-04-12, 07:57 PM
Try LEGO. They done Lord of the Rings and so have orcs and elves and armor. Minecraft has zombies and skeletons. You can even customize them. Chima has cool weapons and printed armored bodies.