PDA

View Full Version : For those annoyed with Xykon

TreesOfDeath
2007-07-28, 04:56 PM
I know this has nothing to do with today's strip, but many of you annoyed with Xykon acting so stupid and winning all the time, well rest assured, Xykon has already commited the one fatal mistake that will seal his fate:
When Xykon was shattered, he could have simply le tthe MITD attack the OTTS, and the MITD would be able to quite easily TPK the order in a fairly unclimatic manner.
With this single mistake, Xykon has left opent he path to defeat. No matter how many times he triumphs, no matter who he kills, in the end the Order will overcome him.

GG, Xykon

Spiryt
2007-07-28, 05:35 PM
Well, beside that Xykon is not acting stupid all time. He's plans are very reasonable, he is achieving his goals quite easily.

And if he will TPK party... Well won't be the comic :smallamused: And won't be the all MITD jokes.
And it is very possible that OotS will survive MITD attacks ( running away for example - it's not like outsmarting :mitd: is so hard), and they would have some clue that Xykon is still "alive". And that way he could act secretly with MITD and rest of lackeys.

falterfire
2007-07-28, 07:54 PM
Well, beside that Xykon is not acting stupid all time. He's plans are very reasonable, he is achieving his goals quite easily.

And if he will TPK party... Well won't be the comic :smallamused: And won't be the all MITD jokes.
And it is very possible that OotS will survive MITD attacks ( running away for example - it's not like outsmarting :mitd: is so hard), and they would have some clue that Xykon is still "alive". And that way he could act secretly with MITD and rest of lackeys.

If you're trying to say they don't know Xykon is still about - They saw him flying away.

Axl_Rose
2007-07-28, 08:30 PM
I don't think there was ever a doubt in anyone's mind that the Oots would triumph over Xykon.

Gitman00
2007-07-28, 08:38 PM
Xykon isn't stupid, just careless. Heck, being a lich gives him +2 to all his mental ability scores. His stated belief is that there is a level of force against which no tactics can be successful, and that's the philosophy under which he operates. Being a 20th-level-plus sorcerer and a lich to boot, it works out for him pretty well.

Spiky
2007-07-28, 11:15 PM
I've asked this before.

Where is the commentary about Xykon being stupid? I see it referenced occasionally, but never the actual statements. I think they are only in your head.

Gitman00
2007-07-28, 11:28 PM
I've asked this before.

Where is the commentary about Xykon being stupid? I see it referenced occasionally, but never the actual statements. I think they are only in your head.

Assuming this is directed at me, I respectfully direct you to the OP:

I know this has nothing to do with today's strip, but many of you annoyed with Xykon acting so stupid and winning all the time, well rest assured, Xykon has already commited the one fatal mistake that will seal his fate:

If it's the OP you're responding to, then never mind. It's been pointed out that Redcloak is generally a much more competent leader than Xykon, so people can't figure out why he puts up with Big X's crap, or how Xykon got to be an epic-level villain when he has such a seeming disregard for strategy or his own safety. Suffice it to say that these issues are largely answered in Start of Darkness.

LM TR
2007-07-29, 10:35 AM
I don't think there was ever a doubt in anyone's mind that the Oots would triumph over Xykon.

when did you see the order triumph? roy is dead, the order is shattered and Xykon is still alive and kicking

Spiky
2007-07-29, 03:07 PM
You mean dead and kicking.

And yes, I was refering to the OP.

ChopSticks28
2007-07-29, 05:48 PM
He's the villain, he'll lose at the end even if the heroes are 20 levels below him.

bluish_wolf
2007-07-29, 06:51 PM
Or maybe the story will end with Snarl breaking loose and everyone dying. Then the Order isn't technically beating Xykon.

Scarab83
2007-07-29, 07:29 PM
Or maybe the story will end with Snarl breaking loose and everyone dying. Then the Order isn't technically beating Xykon.

Thank God you don't write the plot.

bluish_wolf
2007-07-29, 09:34 PM
There has been more anticlimactic moments already, so it would be that odd.