PDA

View Full Version : multipling damage

ganondorf50
2017-04-10, 10:27 PM
okay solve a debate for me.
My friend wants to know this Leap attack lets you double your bonus from power attack and the Valorous weapon property lets you double all damage on a charge. So if I attack with a +1 Valorous Greatsword and I use my full BAB to power attack I should be doing ((2d6+10)x2)+56=92 dmg on average. Pounce lets me full attack when I charge too but according to Bomar when I cleave afterward the cleave does not get the bonuses from valorous and leap attack.

So my question is the Would the full attack get the bonus to damage obviously the first attack would of the full attack though. But would the other attacks of the full attack get damage multipliers as well? Also would the cleave get the bonus damage well?

Venger
2017-04-10, 10:49 PM
okay solve a debate for me.
My friend wants to know this Leap attack lets you double your bonus from power attack and the Valorous weapon property lets you double all damage on a charge. So if I attack with a +1 Valorous Greatsword and I use my full BAB to power attack I should be doing ((2d6+10)x2)+56=92 dmg on average. Pounce lets me full attack when I charge too but according to Bomar when I cleave afterward the cleave does not get the bonuses from valorous and leap attack.

So my question is the Would the full attack get the bonus to damage obviously the first attack would of the full attack though. But would the other attacks of the full attack get damage multipliers as well? Also would the cleave get the bonus damage well?

I don't know what level you are, what your strength is, or what your ba is, so I don't know whether your math is right.

You get +100% power attack damage
You apply this before multipliers from valorous
Both of these things apply to all iteratives of your pounce.

Leap attack applies only versus foes you charge, as does valorous. Since you are doing neither for someone who you target via cleave after you kill your first target, neither of these things is applicable.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-04-10, 10:51 PM
Complete Adventurer Errata (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/errata):

Page 110: Leap Attack
The second sentence of the Benefit paragraph should
read as follows:
If you cover at least 10 feet of horizontal distance with
your jump, and you end your jump in a square from
which you threaten your target, you deal +100% the
normal bonus damage from your use of the Power
Attack feat.

Leap Attack is not a multiplier, it's a 100% increase, thus it's completely unaffected by the rules on stacking multipliers. Since you can apply your own effects in the most beneficial order, you can always apply this before any multipliers.

ganondorf50
2017-04-10, 10:56 PM
Excellent guys that really helped

Darrin
2017-04-11, 07:54 AM
Complete Adventurer Errata (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/errata):

Leap Attack is not a multiplier, it's a 100% increase, thus it's completely unaffected by the rules on stacking multipliers. Since you can apply your own effects in the most beneficial order, you can always apply this before any multipliers.

You may want to note that the second sentence only applies to one-handed weapons. The third sentence dealing with two-handed weapons was left intact:

"If you use this tactic with a two-handed weapon, you instead triple the extra damage from Power Attack."

So if you're using a two-handed weapon, you'd apply the wonky multiplication rules here: x3 + x2 = x4.

Whoever wrote the errata took an extra helping of stoopid pills that day.