PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Character helpish maybe?

Iden
2007-07-28, 05:57 PM
Attending a new DnD game for the first time this past week I was forced to make a character on the fly to join their existing lvl 9 evil campaign. I was given a stack of eberron books, of which I knew very little, and went with a warforged fighter 5/ juggernaut 4. I'm looking for advice on how I should advance/how I should perform in combat. I've decided to play him as more searching the construct side of himself, latching on to people who are in need of the warrior.
Unfortunately I don't have the character sheet, he kept it, so I I don't remember the stats/feats perfectly. I believe it was
str: 18
dex: 14
con: 20
int: 15
wis: 11
cha: 11
and as feats go I think, power attack, battle hardened, improved initiative, improved bull rush, weapon focus (armor spikes), adamantine armor. Maybe another or two.
Also I have only some basic eq I was given the chance to request. I think +3 ring of armor, the winged cape, rod of repair, and a mace like weapon that he is working on creating.
I know it's not real helpful, but I was hoping to get some advice on things to work toward or what not. The DM seems cool too so he might let me get more/different eq or change the character up a bit since I did pick everything on the fly. Thanks in advance.

Reptilius
2007-07-28, 06:00 PM
Do you mean Adamantine Body? That has to be taken at 1st level. Unless there's an Adamantine Skin feat I don't know about.

Citizen Joe
2007-07-28, 06:14 PM
The ring of armour doesn't stack with your adamantine body armour. Both are armour bonuses. Amulet of Natural armour does apply. Ring of protection gives you a deflection bonus, which does apply.

Iden
2007-07-28, 06:18 PM
My bad, I did mean Adamantine armor. There is an adamantine skin feat I remember reading somewhere, I think it just added damage resistance. And okay I'll make sure that ring gets changed. We did throw it in to add some AC so there shouldn't be a problem switching it to something that will count.

PinkysBrain
2007-07-28, 06:24 PM
Construct wings? You mean the winged cape artifact component?

Iden
2007-07-28, 06:26 PM
Yes I did. Sigh... I wish I had held on to the character sheet for the week.

Tor the Fallen
2007-07-28, 06:30 PM
My friend in our current evil campaign is a barbarian1/fighter4/Warforged Juggernaught 5.

It took some convincing to get him to take that first level of barbarian, since rage didn't make much concept sense. It made a lot of optimizing sense, though. Then it took some more convincing, but he's now going into Bear Warrior. =)

[edit]
Adamantine Body, which has to be taken at first, is a requirement for the PrC, I believe.

Nnanji
2007-07-28, 06:46 PM
My friend in our current evil campaign is a barbarian1/fighter4/Warforged Juggernaught 5.

It took some convincing to get him to take that first level of barbarian, since rage didn't make much concept sense. It made a lot of optimizing sense, though. Then it took some more convincing, but he's now going into Bear Warrior. =)

[edit]
Adamantine Body, which has to be taken at first, is a requirement for the PrC, I believe.

Bear warrior seems like an odd choice for a warforged Juggernaught. A construct looking to embrace his construct nature decides to morph into a living animal?

Fax Celestis
2007-07-28, 06:49 PM
Bear warrior seems like an odd choice for a warforged Juggernaught. A construct looking to embrace his construct nature decides to morph into a living animal?

Maybe he turns into a construct caricature. Flavor is malleable, mechanics are not.

Nnanji
2007-07-28, 06:55 PM
Maybe he turns into a construct caricature. Flavor is malleable, mechanics are not.

For some reason thinking about clockwork bears reminds me of Tick Tock the clockwork dog from Phantom Tollbooth. In any event, if you go Barbarian, what about the feat that gives you a free action point every time you rage?