PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Elorc (Elf+Half Orc)(3.5 Race)

gooddragon1
2017-04-10, 10:49 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxx

nikkoli
2017-04-10, 11:07 PM
So did they have the human, elf, and orc subtype? And do they count as a parent race for neat things?

inuyasha
2017-04-10, 11:18 PM
Oof, I'd recommend doing something other than Dex for their -2. For one thing, neither parent has a penalty, and the other has a bonus. I'd be tempted to give them a -2 to Charisma as they'd combine the crude savagery of the orc with the angsty loner quality of the Half Elf

I'd also be tempted to give them some form of a weapon proficiency trait, especially for weapons that an outcast in the wilds would want to use, like javelins, nets, and shortbows (or something to that effect)

gooddragon1
2017-04-11, 04:47 AM
Oof, I'd recommend doing something other than Dex for their -2. For one thing, neither parent has a penalty, and the other has a bonus. I'd be tempted to give them a -2 to Charisma as they'd combine the crude savagery of the orc with the angsty loner quality of the Half Elf

I'd also be tempted to give them some form of a weapon proficiency trait, especially for weapons that an outcast in the wilds would want to use, like javelins, nets, and shortbows (or something to that effect)

I don't remember where, but there was something that said that penalties to mental ability scores are not as valuable as bonuses to physical ability scores.