PDA

View Full Version : How could an artificer make a demiplane?

atemu1234
2017-04-10, 11:31 PM
I need to find a way for a nonpsionic Artificer (the class) to make a demiplane. Is there a (nonepic) spell for this? An already-existent method of some kind?

Failing a demiplane, they'll need a controlled area with mutable characteristics.

Graysire
2017-04-10, 11:39 PM
I believe Epic Level Handbook has Genesis to create a demiplane, but Genesis is not an epic level spell, so as an artificer, create a scroll

Dragolord
2017-04-11, 05:51 AM
I need to find a way for a nonpsionic Artificer (the class) to make a demiplane. Is there a (nonepic) spell for this? An already-existent method of some kind?

Failing a demiplane, they'll need a controlled area with mutable characteristics.

Ask your DM if his Eberron's House Cannith has an Eldritch Machine hidden away in the Mournland. Failing that, try building one.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-04-11, 11:12 AM
I believe Epic Level Handbook has Genesis to create a demiplane, but Genesis is not an epic level spell, so as an artificer, create a scroll
Yup. 9th level Sorcerer/Wizard. Scroll away.

CIDE
2017-04-12, 01:06 PM
If the DM will allow it use an auto-resetting spell trap or spell clock instead of a scroll for an ever growing demiplane. Otherwise, the scrolls aren't THAT expensive. Either way it's pretty straight forward for an Artificer as long as you are high enough level to emulate 9th level spells.

Morphic tide
2017-04-12, 01:20 PM
Level 15 for CL 15 9th level spells. Scrolls, spell clocks and self-resetting traps are the way you use them. Make sufficient numbers of self-resetting and self-triggering traps and you can make a demiplane that expands exponentially, as the Traps of Wish/Genesis are using Wish to make more traps of Genesis. Figuring out how to lower the cost enough to make the Genesis traps be able to be made by the Wish traps is difficult, but probably possible.