PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help with build

keeper2161
2017-04-11, 06:32 AM
First time playing pathfinder. I have played d&d 3.0, 3.5, and 5th. The class Magus seemed to call to me. I hate prepared spell casting and the archetype Rune Knight seemed pretty cool. I was also looking into Spell dancer and Bladebound. From what I understand from the archetype rules each archetype cant replace the same ability but they can change/add to the same ability. Do these three archetypes work together and are there any Magus Arcana suggestions?

Florian
2017-04-11, 06:56 AM
First time playing pathfinder. I have played d&d 3.0, 3.5, and 5th. The class Magus seemed to call to me. I hate prepared spell casting and the archetype Rune Knight seemed pretty cool. I was also looking into Spell dancer and Bladebound. From what I understand from the archetype rules each archetype cant replace the same ability but they can change/add to the same ability. Do these three archetypes work together and are there any Magus Arcana suggestions?

You´re right on how archetypes can be made to stack, but I won´t look deeper into your build, as I´ve got no interest in reading 3pp material.

Edit: Use Bladebound and Eldritch Scion.

Kurald Galain
2017-04-11, 07:14 AM
are there any Magus Arcana suggestions?

Here's a Magus guide for you (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus).