PDA

View Full Version : How does Blood in the Water work?

weckar
2017-04-11, 07:43 AM
So, the Blood in the Water stance provides a cumulative boost to attack and damage rolls as long as you keep critting. I had a couple of questions regarding this.

1. Does the boost to attack rolls also apply to crit confirmations?

2. The final clause of the ability states that you no longer gain the benefit of the stance if you don't score a crit for a minute. Does this mean you start back up at +1 the next time you do, or does it resume counting from where it left off?

3. Does changing stances pause the 'timer', or does it reset it completely?

J-H
2017-04-11, 08:02 AM
1. Yes.
2. That's how I'd rule it. There is no other logical expiration time.
3. I would rule that it would reset the timer.

noob
2017-04-11, 08:10 AM
The timer would have no reason to stopping to keep going.
so you could possibly go blood in the water crit then switch immediately to another stance(you stop having the benefits of blood in the water) then 4 rounds later go back to blood in the water then crit again but you could have been unable to do this if you did wait 11 rounds.

Telok
2017-04-11, 11:05 AM
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. If you are not in the stance then you do not benefit from the stance. When you switch out you lose the bonus. If you switch back to the stance you have to start over.

weckar
2017-04-12, 04:30 AM
Thanks for the replies, but how are people saying "yes" to question 2 when it is an OR question? :smallconfused:

noob
2017-04-12, 06:19 AM
Technically if one of the two possibilities or both are true you can say yes to an or question.

Mr Adventurer
2017-04-12, 06:32 AM
I think that, on 2, if you are in the stance and don't crit for a minute then you need to exit the stance and re-enter it again in order to start accruing bonuses once more. You lose the benefits of the stance if you don't crit for a minute = you can't accrue bonuses for critting.

Either way I would always rule the bonuses reset.

weckar
2017-04-12, 06:56 AM
Technically if one of the two possibilities or both are true you can say yes to an or question.

Darn you boolean logic.

noob
2017-04-12, 07:07 AM
Dnd 3.5 and silly use of boolean logic go hand in hand.