PDA

View Full Version : Hey, who's that in the octopus's tentacles?

Dolash
2007-07-28, 06:33 PM
It's kind of hard to tell since it's so small and blurry, but it's clearly not an Azure City soldier since that's hair, not a helmet. It isn't one of the characters, they're all accounted for, which suggests it's one of the Azure City citizens...

It almost looks like... ninja-waitress girl? :smallbiggrin:

Any thoughts?

Spiryt
2007-07-28, 06:42 PM
Well, I supose that losing helmet when being hold by giant squid is quite probable :smallamused:

BelkarPwnsAll!
2007-07-28, 07:08 PM
OOT (Out Of Text)How do I make a signature? Ninja-waitress girl is funny :smallbiggrin: Anyway, the squid is just a squid... I don't recall seeing anyone in the tentacles o.O OR DID I?! (DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!!!)

http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isgreen.jpgTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz. (http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp)

Sage in the Playground
2007-07-28, 07:15 PM
OOT (Out Of Text)How do I make a signature? Ninja-waitress girl is funny :smallbiggrin: Anyway, the squid is just a squid... I don't recall seeing anyone in the tentacles o.O OR DID I?! (DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!!!)

http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isgreen.jpgTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz. (http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp)

Edit Signature in the your Profile.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-28, 07:19 PM
I don't know. At first, I thought it might be Vaarsuvius, because of what looked like a robe, but I realized that it was the tentacle wrapped all the way around a woman's body.

Random Redshirt? The cute girl who wanted to do a three-way? The Ninja-Waitress? The world may bever know!

RAGE KING!
2007-07-28, 08:23 PM
i dont think its the waitress, i think shes just a random civilian. the waitress's hair was spikier at the bottom (though maybe it got wet).

- also, what are the chances that the giant specifically chose to draw the random person in the tentacles like the three-way girl or the waitress...

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-28, 09:11 PM
Well, if it's the three-way girl, it will give Elan something to do until Haley gets back...

Nah, Elan is a one woman (at a time) man. Unless Haley has something else in mind! :smallbiggrin:

BelkarPwnsAll!
2007-07-28, 09:31 PM
1. I went to my profile and I couldn't Edit Signature because there was no link for it 2. Where is it IN My Profile? 3. Haley is a *****...

:haley: Hateing Lord of the We-Hate-Haley fanclub :haley:

Chronos
2007-07-28, 10:38 PM
If by "three-way girl", you mean the one who told Elan to "Bring a friend", I assumed that meant that she had a roommate, and wanted a date for each of them. Either you guys are too perverted, or I'm not perverted enough.

FdL
2007-07-28, 10:51 PM
Which strip does the "3-way girl" appear in?

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-28, 11:03 PM
Which strip does the "3-way girl" appear in?

Strip 302.

Accountant
2007-07-28, 11:39 PM
1. I went to my profile and I couldn't Edit Signature because there was no link for it 2. Where is it IN My Profile? 3. Haley is a *****...

:haley: Hateing Lord of the We-Hate-Haley fanclub :haley:

User CP link at the top of the screen, from there use the links on the left. Particularly the "Edit Signature" one.

Recursive
2007-07-28, 11:52 PM
Whoever it is, I can't quite tell whether the eyes are X'd out. So in order to even decide who to hope the person is, I have to do a Schrodinger's Cat-style superposition:

If the octopus-grappled person is alive, then I'll root for it to be the ninja waitress, despite the low probability of being correct. Of course, if there were a ninja on the ship, or even a trainee, then she ought to have been helping Lien stave off hobgoblins...

Waitress: Hey! Whaddaya mean by that? I was helping Lien!
Me: But I didn't see you...
Waitress: Ninja.
Me: Oh yeah.

On the other hand, if the grappling victim is deceased, then it is clearly...

...Windstriker.
Cleverly polymorphed, of course. His last, prophecy-fulfilling thought was "If that damned halfling could cook faster, this never would have happened."

Thanatos 51-50
2007-07-29, 05:37 AM
Said charecter is alive, and even has the
:smalleek:
Face going on.

Gez
2007-07-29, 06:47 AM
Either you guys are too perverted
Error: does not compute.

or I'm not perverted enough.
More probable.

Yeril
2007-07-29, 08:58 AM
Ninja girl? sounds better than my idea (is that... the seer lady? naaaah)

But then again do we need anymore minor NPC characters?

Dolash
2007-07-29, 11:02 AM
Ninja girl? sounds better than my idea (is that... the seer lady? naaaah)

But then again do we need anymore minor NPC characters?

You can never have enough minor, screen-time-leeching NPCs! I look forwards to the next book, "Menagerie of the stick"! :smallbiggrin:

Seriously though, it probably is some random citizen person, I just like idle speculation. Besides, there's only so many hairstyles you can come up with for stick figures. There's bound to be some repetition.

explanetpluto
2007-07-30, 10:08 PM
Crewmember 67.

holywhippet
2007-07-30, 10:25 PM
Maybe it's Tsukiko trying exciting new perversions.

Borris
2007-07-30, 11:06 PM
Too bad it's not a fiendish giant octopus zombie.

the_tick_rules
2007-07-30, 11:59 PM
probably just a red shirt.

Garland
2007-07-31, 12:07 AM
Too bad it's not a fiendish giant octopus zombie.

You mean... not yet...

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-31, 02:05 AM
You mean... not yet...

:elan: Dun dun DUN!

:roy: Elan! Stop making dramatic cues for the summoned fiendish giant octopus zombie thing!

:elan: Dude, you died 35 strips ago.

:roy: Oh, right. *dies*

:elan: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Jukashi
2007-07-31, 06:56 AM
I have a thingy that lets me zoom in, but I can't tell whether they've got X-eyes or if they're just scrunching up in pain.

It couldn't be Sangwaan, could it? She could have lost the blindfold.

Gez
2007-07-31, 07:12 AM
You mean... not yet...

As a summoned thing (not a called one), if it dies, it's dispelled entirely -- no corpse to zombify.

Regneva
2007-07-31, 08:47 AM
I have a thingy that lets me zoom in, but I can't tell whether they've got X-eyes or if they're just scrunching up in pain.

It couldn't be Sangwaan, could it? She could have lost the blindfold.

Yeah but sangwaan already died as I seem to remember...

Oh and I never interpreted "bring a friend" as an invitation for three-way. I found it to be a clear clue that she has a female room mate.

Quikngruvn
2007-07-31, 09:46 AM

Sangwaan was chomped and flung, but her death has not been confirmed (she didn't have X's (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0429.html) when she was flung). I'm still holding out the possibility she survived somehow.

To the original question, I'm going with "random nameless NPC" in its tentacle. Not quite "eats d6 adventurers per round", but still....

LordVader
2007-07-31, 10:47 AM
Yes, I'm also going with "random nameless NPC."

Garland
2007-07-31, 02:17 PM
As a summoned thing (not a called one), if it dies, it's dispelled entirely -- no corpse to zombify.

Owww, but we had those flying zombies :smallfrown:

Lyinginbedmon
2007-08-02, 06:16 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Lyinginbedmon/RANDvic.gifYup, seems to, unfortunately, be Random Bystander #32 :smallfrown:

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-02, 09:24 AM

Oh and I never interpreted "bring a friend" as an invitation for three-way. I found it to be a clear clue that she has a female room mate.

I figured that as well, but since she was interested in Elan AFTER the little streaking incident, I decided up up the ante a bit...

Chronos
2007-08-02, 03:47 PM
I figured that as well, but since she was interested in Elan AFTER the little streaking incident, I decided up up the ante a bit...Why would the streaking have made a difference? She couldn't see him then.

:smallbiggrin: