PDA

View Full Version : [Race] *Crash*

Korias
2007-07-28, 06:43 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/d/d5/240px-Crashbandicoot.jpg

Huh? A Bandicoot?

Bandicoots

Yes, Bandicoots. Crash is back, and hes invading your home!

Stats: -2 Con, +2 Dex, -2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, -2 Intelligence
Size: Medium. Bandicoots suffer no penalties or bonuses for size.
Speed A Bandicoot's base land speed is 35 ft.
Crazy (Ex) Bandicoots, are by nature, unpredictable. If a class requires a Lawful alignment, a Bandicoot can ignore this.
Flying Fists (Ex) Bandicoots are reknowned for their flying fists. They are treated as having +2 Strength and being one size larger for determining Unarmed Attack Damage.
Aku Aku (Su) Bandicoots have a special wooden mask given to them at a coming of age ceremony, which happens at the transition to adult hood (Age 10.) This mask gives a Sanctuary (As the spell) effect when worn. However, it slips down onto the bandicoot's chest after 1d4 rounds. The Bandicoot must then wait 1d2 rounds before being able to put the mask back on, which is a full round action.

Bandicoots gaine a +2 racial bonus to Jump checks.
Bandicoots Jump 5ft farther than normal.

LA- +1
Favored Class: Barbarian

Edit Fixed some issues.

Korias
2007-07-28, 07:17 PM
Made a small change, and removed one of the more overpowered abilities.

jindra34
2007-07-28, 07:22 PM
Right now they are barely a +1 and only due to the flying fists... seem more barbaric in nature than monkish.

Korias
2007-07-28, 09:07 PM
Fixed some issues.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-28, 09:12 PM
I like it. Definitely underpowered for LA+1. Could consider letting the mask grant a temporary Sanctuary (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/sanctuary.htm) spell effect instead of the natural armour. I guess that's a lot more powerful than Aku Aku really was, but I dunno. Alternatively, I'd consider upping the natural armour bonus or giving some minor DR or something while wearing the mask. Also, is the mask retrievable after it's flown off? I assume so but that should be verified. Also, how far does it fly if it is retrievable?

Korias
2007-07-28, 09:34 PM
Aku Aku was sort of being Big Mario: You were able to take a hit before you went down. Three Akus turned you Invulnerable. Fixed some things.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-28, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I remember the game. I was thinking of the three-mask invulnerable thing with Sanctuary, but meh.

Korias
2007-07-29, 06:59 AM
RE-Edited Aku Aku,

Fuum Bango
2007-07-29, 07:07 AM
Hmm, it's pretty good! Can I ask what is it for? And you doing a sort of computer-game themed world?

BisectedBrioche
2007-07-29, 07:16 AM
Ah the memories. Shame Crash (and Spyro) games got crap on the 6th gen consoles.

Korias
2007-07-29, 09:35 AM
Hmm, it's pretty good! Can I ask what is it for? And you doing a sort of computer-game themed world?

Nope. I just felt like making a Bandicoot Race.

@Bisected: Yeah, but hopefully Crash of the Titans will be better.