PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] High wisdom, high charisma deaf mute tiefling character with only 5 int

Zhentarim
2017-04-11, 04:29 PM
How would you play this character?

Iceseer
2017-04-11, 04:34 PM
writing is still available to communicate. So i would probably use that to communicate but really there are a lot of ways to play him. Maybe a recently diseased noble who is kind to those around him. I would probably make him depressed if it happened in his life. but stats are just a small part of a character. The high charisma might be looks and the way he writes.

HappyMerecat
2017-04-11, 05:22 PM
writing is still available to communicate. So i would probably use that to communicate but really there are a lot of ways to play him. Maybe a recently diseased noble who is kind to those around him. I would probably make him depressed if it happened in his life. but stats are just a small part of a character. The high charisma might be looks and the way he writes.

Not sure a character with INT 5 would be able to read and write.

Iceseer
2017-04-11, 05:23 PM
Not sure a character with INT 5 would be able to read and write.

you can it depends on the system but unless it's a barbarian in d&d 3.5 they could.

HappyMerecat
2017-04-11, 05:40 PM
you can it depends on the system but unless it's a barbarian in d&d 3.5 they could.

I am just going by the description of what an Int of that level means.

Iceseer
2017-04-11, 05:44 PM
yeah it means mildly retarded if it is iq 50 my brother is mildly retarded love him and he is able to read and write as long as it is not too complicated.

Sahe
2017-04-11, 06:24 PM
a) I'm not sure if this is the right section of the forum for this sorta thing

b) you might want to specify the system. In some system an Int 5 character would be about as intelligent (perhaps less) than your average critter. In other systems, Int 5 means you're a genius.

GM_3826
2017-04-11, 06:47 PM
No, it's not the right section of the forum. What edition of D&D/any game with an Intelligence attribute are you playing? After we figure this out I'll holler to the mods to move this to the proper forum.

In D&D, though, IQ runs around the same bell curve, so it's pretty easy to just convert things at a glance.

Quote from this website (http://paulcooijmans.com/intelligence/iq_ranges.html):

Educable, can learn to care for oneself, employable in routinized jobs but require supervision. Might live alone but do best in supervised settings. Immature but with adequate social adjustment, usually no obvious physical anomalies.

At this level of intelligence you can reasonably play your character as Forrest Gump. Would help represent the low Intelligence, high Wisdom score. The Charisma score is a bit more tricky but as it states "adequate social adjustment" means that your character would look normal enough. He'd probably be rather polite, especially coming from 5e, where Charisma equals force of personality: I can imagine that he would be polite, graceful, and just so nice and kind you couldn't help but like him. Alternatively if you want to play a "dark" Neutral or Evil character, play your character as rather intimidating in spite of their low overall intelligence instead.

Of course, my knowledge is pretty much limited to 5e.

Zhentarim
2017-04-11, 07:42 PM
No, it's not the right section of the forum. What edition of D&D/any game with an Intelligence attribute are you playing? After we figure this out I'll holler to the mods to move this to the proper forum.

In D&D, though, IQ runs around the same bell curve, so it's pretty easy to just convert things at a glance.

Quote from this website (http://paulcooijmans.com/intelligence/iq_ranges.html):

At this level of intelligence you can reasonably play your character as Forrest Gump. Would help represent the low Intelligence, high Wisdom score. The Charisma score is a bit more tricky but as it states "adequate social adjustment" means that your character would look normal enough. He'd probably be rather polite, especially coming from 5e, where Charisma equals force of personality: I can imagine that he would be polite, graceful, and just so nice and kind you couldn't help but like him. Alternatively if you want to play a "dark" Neutral or Evil character, play your character as rather intimidating in spite of their low overall intelligence instead.

Of course, my knowledge is pretty much limited to 5e.
He is a chaotic good tiefling, and this is pathfinder.

hector212121
2017-04-12, 11:25 AM
I think you meant to post this elsewhere...?

Celticbear
2017-04-12, 11:38 AM
Sorcerer / Cleric. It doesn't sound good at first, but hear me out! If you worship Saerenrae and get elemental focus feats for fire, you will become a fiery GOD on the battlefield. Ever watch Legion? That's you by level ten.

Triskavanski
2017-04-12, 12:06 PM
Through the power of interpretive dance!