PDA

View Full Version : dnd 3.5 warshaper questions and opinions...

Rerednaw
2017-04-11, 08:07 PM
How many levels of warshaper do you really need?
If the main focus is the OMG colossal weapons...then that's at WS1.
At WS2 +4 str and con are very nice...I could see in a low-wealth or low stat array campaign where this is nice (especially as it is untyped).
But the further we get in the more I am uncertain.

How often have you folks played a warshaper where the higher level abilities (reach, healing, multimorph) was actually routinely used? Or do most just stop at WS 1 or 2?

FYI I am working on various builds and trying on a few martial adept variants.
For that matter which martial class do you like best with warshaper?

I know that one level dip from pure druid is all you ever need for the benefits (though Venomfire comes close with Fleshraker form) but would like to keep this martial only :)

Thanks!

Dagroth
2017-04-11, 08:42 PM
It depends on how you qualify... Some abilities can really get mileage out of the capstone.

Overall, I'd have to say 3 levels are usually enough. Morphic Reach is nice, no matter how you look at it. It's hard to argue that any melee build couldn't seriously benefit from greater reach.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-04-11, 08:55 PM
I'd say that you want either 1 level (for Morphic Weapon cheese) or 3 levels on a general low-grade melee chassis (+4 Str/Con and +5ft reach are nice marginal benefits; the fast healing is fun, but healing is pretty cheap by the time you get it.) 5 levels is... Hard. I really, really, REALLY want Multimorph on a Wild Shape build, but losing so much progression really hurts. Probably best in a gestalt situation.