PDA

View Full Version : Journal [PF] The Whiterose Crusaders: A Campaign Journal

Ninjaxenomorph
2017-04-11, 08:59 PM
I am writing this because I can no longer sleep.

When I departed the monastery, I would never have imagined the things I have seen and heard. However, it is not memories of bodies wracked and soul-scarring music that haunts my dreams, but the knowledge that this incident was but a small piece of a terrifying, unknown whole. I feel the need to chronicle the path our fellowship has taken. Perhaps, if we are to fall, this journal will enable others to put an end to what we have begun to witness. That thought provides a small sliver of peace of mind, something denied to me in day or night.
- Page 1 of Hunting Fox's Journal

For just about a month now, one of the groups I play with has been playing a campaign set in our Coria (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aKr-ogM-x_Ysx63N5G5ihQpa4a_fOPBMz2AM8MeQrRY/) setting. We're based out of the city of Whiterose, a great city-state known for its many artistic and bardic colleges in what is known as the Queen's Lands. The party was initially gathered to fetch relics and do other dangerous errands for a museum, but with the group's latest mission, its purpose has grown a bit more dire in the sessions since.

Mechanically, we're using DSP material like Path of War and Akashic Mysteries (with Ultimate Psionics implicitly allowed), utilizing the Background Skills option and notably the Sanity rules from Horror Adventures. They seem to be working out relatively well, given how much flak I've seen the system given around the web. So, here are our characters:

A LG Arctien (nomadic hare-people) guru (from Akashic Mysteries), played by me. In his language, his name is roughly written (the Arctien language is conveyed through ear and nose twitches in addition to speech) Hua'e'sse Min'ta'o Nim'ir'tiq, or Hunting Fox Stalking Silently Across The Newly Falled Snow Before The Radiant Dawn for a transliteration, or simply 'Fox' to his comrades, Hunting Fox tends to be a stoic sort. Trained in Akasha in an Akasin monastery, he is rather like a paladin, seeking to use the powers of radiance, light, and righteousness to bring justice to those who would escape it. He touts himself as a peacekeeper, not a warrior; his abilities specifically allow him to use lethal weapons to deal lots of nonlethal damage, an ability that Hunting Fox uses judiciously, finally getting the feats so he can actually use a two-bladed sword.

Current insanities: Night Terrors, developed after seeing the Pain Organ in action

A CN Jolethi (tiny size-shifting ferretlike fey race) witch. She's rather hare-brained (ironically), but in combat, she is a peerless debuffer in combat, and despite her penchant for mischief, Hunting Fox counts her as a staunch ally, since her abilities can be used to bring down enemies nonlethally.

A LG half-giant warder (with the zweihander sentinel and ordained defender archetypes). Our biggest (literally) damage dealer,
he styles himself a religious samurai.

Current insanities: Phobia of pipe organ music, from hearing the Pain Organ.

A CN human swashbuckler. A former pirate kicked off the ship for making passes at the captain's wife, and a major troublemaker. Some of her notable feats include: getting in a bar fight with dock workers after he tried to swindle them in a dice game, and almost signing us onto a pirate ship

A newer addition to the group, Ochylyss (or 'Chyll) is a CG elven brawler. She was raised as a noblewoman before running away and becoming a pit fighter. Also she speaks with an outrageous southern accent, and is somehow accompanied by banjos wherever she goes.

The final group member, Lena is a NG harpy sorceress, with the Accursed bloodline. Lena is from a remote harpy tribe that has started exploring the big cities to rediscover her heritage; or, more specifically, her bloodline origin. She has so far proven to be a buffer in combat,
but she has some nasty debuff spells at her disposal. Also notably has a strength of 5 after rolling poorly (her other ability scores were fantastic).

Current insanities: Hallucinations, brought on by memories of the Pain Organ

Session 1
Session 2
Session 3
Session 4

(I'll post some retroactive summaries of our sessions at a later date)