PDA

View Full Version : Harmonious Paladin of Freedom, the singing blade of freedom

Freezy
2017-04-12, 09:37 AM
So, I have 6 levels paladin of freedom, with harmonious knight substitution and took a bunch of flaws.

DM Approval pending for flaws and pending that the DM will allow the use of Inspire Courage as a substitute for Bardic Music 'charges'.
Otherwise the eberron bardic music substitutions will need some additional research.

Initiate of Milil (of course, since it gives access to new bardic musics I can trade in for more flavor fitting things, oh hello, song of the heart)

Power Attack, Schock trooper as the default combat schtick.
Taking the spell Unburdened Knight, along with a pearl of power (1k) so it can cover the day if needed.

Turns out that this Bardaladin is MAD, so strength turned out to be so low that wearing fullplate is near impossible.
For 1500 I could add easy travel, but gold is in such short supply that there is a lot on the wishlist.

Thoughts, comments, further optimizations?

I am also having a hard time finding a good PrC's to get into, with paladin spells being such a tiny selection per day it is almost a shame not to progress it at least a bit further.
I like the idea of an armored minstrel, fighting the good fight for freedom.

Working towards Words of Creation, as the obvious booster, but the base willsave plainly sucks.
Also thinking that marshal would give a bunch of nice synergies with this bardaladin (aside from not progressing spells or music).
And of course a crystal echoblade is on the wishlist.

I have an excel file, but I can't link it due to my low post count.
1drv.ms/x/s!AitKQiKnbCGyiQRAe1W5PotW40p7 (Excel file, one drive)
Please note that it currently uses 32 point buy and pathfinder as the gold per level standard.

Freezy
2017-05-25, 06:21 AM
I shifted to shield bash + improved trip for dual attack charge at low level :P
As well as being able to boost my AC waaaaaaay to much.

Flavorwise I would like to find a way to at some point summon or change into a hollyphant.
Summon Monster VIII works, as would polymorph, but both are way out of reach for a paladin.

The closest I have seen so far is Summon Monster III on a 8k item (canaith mandolin).

It is such a shame shield bearers gain no automatic ability to shield of others (tower shield would provide cover).
Perhaps we will just make a houserule for it.