PDA

View Full Version : Looking for city Design Help!!!! DM HELP

SMac8988
2017-04-13, 04:41 PM
Hello fellow DM'S and Players alike. I am looking for serious assistance here.

My players are finishing up an island encounter thay has taken several sessions, and they are about to continue their voyage to the large capitol city they were heading to. I am looking for some help with designing the city, and some maybe side missiony stuff within the city. I have a few ideas for it, but would love to hear some from others.

What I'm working with so far:

The city is nicked named "The Iron Capitol". It's a massive city surround by a huge iron wall. I was thinking maybe Russian ish for a cultural aspect and the ruler would be very waring in nature.

I know I want to include enslaved fire giants, whom continue the expansion of the wall, and work as members of the city guard. Because a 24 foot tall wall of iron will make anyone hessitate.

Their story line is about a clan of united barbarians marching on the city, so they are meant to meet with the king, so ideas for him more than just a giant angry russian would be awesome.

I want to include several armors and weapons smith, but I'm not sure how to make them all feel different and individuals.

As you can see, I'm kinda lacking and looking to have it ready in about 2 weeks or so. Anything that anyone can offer to help will be much appriciated!!!

Battlebooze
2017-04-13, 05:13 PM
This is total overkill, but see if you can find a copy of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_State_of_the_Invincible_Overlord.

I had a original copy of this a long time ago, what a massive city. Judges guild did some good stuff and this is one of my favorites.