PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Combat Knowledge [Feat]

gooddragon1
2017-04-13, 05:16 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxx

ngilop
2017-04-13, 05:47 PM
I like this idea :)

I did this as a skill instead of a feat though Knowledge: tactics or something like that (away from my fighter at the moment)

the only difference was my skill gave a boost to AC as well the bonuses were insight bonuses and the check required a full-round action (feats made it down to a standard and work against multiple opponents)

gooddragon1
2017-04-13, 05:56 PM
I like this idea :)

I did this as a skill instead of a feat though Knowledge: tactics or something like that (away from my fighter at the moment)

the only difference was my skill gave a boost to AC as well the bonuses were insight bonuses and the check required a full-round action (feats made it down to a standard and work against multiple opponents)

I figured that to get a bonus to rolls you usually need a feat. Was considering allowing bardic knowledge to work too. Different approaches I guess.

As for some reasons: Armor class doesn't help much usually at higher levels. Also, everyone fights a little bit differently. However, a petrification gaze is one type of attack even if two different medusa's use it. Also, the scales or fur of a creature have similarities (thus the attack roll bonus).

As this is a feat, the bonuses are untyped. They last 24 hours because you usually won't forget what was said after a few minutes, but you probably won't remember all of it the next day.