PDA

View Full Version : V's redeemed, so it's all good.

outlander
2007-07-29, 01:54 AM
Ok, V did more than his bit at the battle, and fought to his last ounce of power, then fled to save himself.

By doing so he has now saved, or helped save, Hinjo's junk and all the folks riding on it.

So, even if someone thinks his fleeing was wrong, he sure redeemed himself and made it right in spades.

BTW, shouldn't he get SERIOUS XP for getting elan to do something useful? I mean, talk about accomplishing a difficult task.....

He also learned that even without his power he can be a vital and useful person and make a real difference. Bring on the XP!

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-29, 03:24 AM
You make a good point that V certainly has grown over the course of this battle. I don't like to give XP for that kind of thing though.

It's like they always say: hobgoblin onslaughts and titanium elementals build character.

Oh, and your signature: Professor Tanhauser gets his own fanclub, but not me? Hmph! I'm starting my own fanclub!

Edit: See? Check out my sig.

Tirian
2007-07-29, 07:28 AM
If I were the Twelve Gods, I would be very pleased with V's performance today. I wouldn't give XP either, but ... y'know ... maybe a point of charisma would be in order. There was a lot of giving and receiving orders from NPCs, which doesn't come naturally to an ivory-tower sort like V. And if the broadening of Elan's relationship turned out to be a mutual mentoring, then there does seem to be a basis for V learning about dealing with people in the same way that Elan is currently learning about battle tactics.

All of this is contingent on V never casting another offensive spell against a party member to put them in their proper place.

Edivad
2007-07-29, 07:36 AM
I don't think you should be so "angry"at poor V fleeing from the battle after all his spells were expended. After all, if he had remained, he would only have risked his life needlessly, and might have caused problems for the others who would have had to rescue him...

Deme
2007-07-29, 09:10 AM
I don't think you should be so "angry"at poor V fleeing from the battle after all his spells were expended. After all, if he had remained, he would only have risked his life needlessly, and might have caused problems for the others who would have had to rescue him...

I don't think anyone on this particular thread is angry at V. This thread is pretty much all about looking at how V has grown as a person, and how he's doing some good in the battle now. I'm not sure if it redeems him, personally, but it is very nice to see.

Edivad
2007-07-29, 10:09 AM
I don't think anyone on this particular thread is angry at V. This thread is pretty much all about looking at how V has grown as a person, and how he's doing some good in the battle now. I'm not sure if it redeems him, personally, but it is very nice to see.
Umh, angry might have been the wrong word then. What I wanted to say is that I don't think V really needs to "redeem"himself, as he didn't do anything terrible.

I agree is a nice example of character growth having him help Elan with his illusions!