PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Dust of Dryness weapon

Sadnam.q
2017-04-13, 10:38 PM
So I'm in a 5e home brew and I'm playing a half-ling Sharpshooter. I wanted to know what the Dmg on Dust of Dryness is. Say I throw a DOD marble at a person and it pops on them. Do they take Dmg? Do they get knocked prone? What is the DC on half Dmg or avoiding prone? What if I use multiple of them? I make frag grenades, and I want to make a nesting doll grenade inner core bomb, 2nd layer DOD marble housing, third (Outer) Layer, protective shell. with like 5-10 DOD marbles. how would i calculate AOE, could i do this same thing with Holy water? If I have a Top level Cleric cleric bless the water in the Marble will it make it a DOD marble of holy water? I will Tinker my way to a new world order. Your help is appreciated, thank you.

Korakai
2017-04-15, 11:43 PM
I don't think the core rules have anything to say about damage from dust of dryness aside from the dust itself damaging water elementals, so you and your would probably have to decide for yourselves. I'm not sure they realized the havoc a player can reek with a marble that expands into 3375 cubic feet of water in an instant. I had a player who wanted to use it as propellant for a makeshift cannon on a pirate ship.