PDA

View Full Version : master manipulator

Camman1984
2017-04-14, 12:17 PM
I want to play a strong mental manipulator, the sort that casts a spell on the enemy, making them walk up to me so I can lovingly embrace them before snapping their neck. any suggestions?

I am thinking potentially either a wizard or cleric with an unusually high strength and the grappled feat, but it seems like a really dangerously sub-optimal build

BiPolar
2017-04-14, 12:19 PM
Have you considered bard? You get a lot of the 'control' spells like charm, suggestion, etc. and can use illusions and then your cutting words to reduce their chance on making their intelligence checks, it might be a great way to build this character.

Camman1984
2017-04-14, 12:23 PM
I havent, but that is a definite option as the bard is actually capable of handling itself a bit closer to the enemy.

I think what i am thinking of is playing a succubus without playing a succubus

Beastrolami
2017-04-14, 12:25 PM
I havent, but that is a definite option as the bard is actually capable of handling itself a bit closer to the enemy.

Definitely a bard, lolz.

Enchanter isn't bad for being a pain in any DM's @ss, but snapping necks isn't really their strong suit. (pun intended)

BiPolar
2017-04-14, 12:26 PM

See my above addition, but I think the Bard is perfect for this. With expertise in the skills for dealing with people, and then backing it up with spell selections that also supports this - AND get those cutting words to further influence your target, you could have a lot of fun with this.

ALso, take a gander at the Arcane Trickster.

Specter
2017-04-14, 02:35 PM
The guide in my signature may help.

Dudewithknives
2017-04-14, 03:11 PM
I would go sorcerer, probably either favored soul or stone.

Metamagic subtle enchantment spells are amazing.