PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Fatespinner & other luck feat characters

J-H
2017-04-14, 07:54 PM
Has anyone played with these extensively?

If the reroll-as-a-swift powers were per encounter, they would be OP in many circumstances, so i suspect they are decently powerful.

Venger
2017-04-14, 08:26 PM
I've played in a party with a fatespinner. it's a decent enough class. it won't break any games.

noob
2017-04-14, 08:28 PM
Helps a bit against disjunction.

Gusmo
2017-04-14, 09:40 PM
There's a DM I used to play with back in college that used really stupid fumble rules, where basically any time you rolled a 1 on a d20, stuff went horribly wrong. Luck and other reroll based mechanics allowed me to still have fun in their games. I would, for instance, play a wizard which would use the Complete Champion option of a domain power in lieu of a 5th level feat, for the pride domain power, allowing the reroll of any 1 on a save. Then I would stick to spells that didn't require attack rolls. If I had to start at level 1, I might consider something more like a cleric, with the pride and luck domains, then lucky start and unbelievable luck as human and first level feats, then better lucky than good or something down the road.

J-H
2017-04-14, 09:51 PM
Fortune's Friend looks better/more versatile, but it loses more caster levels.

Gusmo
2017-04-14, 10:01 PM
Fortune's friend is barely worth considering for 2 levels. The first level gets you your swift action back, and anything that increases your action economy is cool. The second level doesn't lose a caster level and comes with a luck feat, so it's okay. After that there's not enough to make it worthwhile due to the additional loss of caster level.

Fizban
2017-04-15, 03:17 AM
I heard tell of a guy who made an ultimate luck build. Cleric with luck domain, luck feats, various reroll granting spells, everything he could get. Said it ended up being pretty boring since he never failed, just kept rerolling until he succeeded.