PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Seismic Toss Mystic?

druid91
2017-04-14, 08:48 PM
So it occurs to me. Take an Order of the Immortal Mystic, give them Brute Force, Mastery of Air, and then a third immortal discipline of your choice. (Personally I like Giant Growth but meh.) Optimize their strength and Athletics as high as you can get it.

Then grab hold of your opponent in a grapple and use Mighty Leap to jump as high as you can. If you feel the need to stretch it further? Since Psi Limits are only per discipline and not per turn, you can activate Mastery of Air and use Wind Step to move ANOTHER 20xPsi feet straight up.

Then you let go.

Falling damage is 1d6 per ten feet. Translating to 2d6 damage per psi point spent. I can't actually think of a better deal as far as direct damage goes. As well, the nature of the build also gives you insane mobility.

Thoughts?

Foxhound438
2017-04-14, 10:13 PM
when dragging a creature, you move at half speed. so you get 1d6 per psi point, garunteed, unless they happen to have a friend who knows feather fall on their side. Pretty good, but not the most busted.

jaappleton
2017-04-14, 10:15 PM
So it occurs to me. Take an Order of the Immortal Mystic, give them Brute Force, Mastery of Air, and then a third immortal discipline of your choice. (Personally I like Giant Growth but meh.) Optimize their strength and Athletics as high as you can get it.

Then grab hold of your opponent in a grapple and use Mighty Leap to jump as high as you can. If you feel the need to stretch it further? Since Psi Limits are only per discipline and not per turn, you can activate Mastery of Air and use Wind Step to move ANOTHER 20xPsi feet straight up.

Then you let go.

Falling damage is 1d6 per ten feet. Translating to 2d6 damage per psi point spent. I can't actually think of a better deal as far as direct damage goes. As well, the nature of the build also gives you insane mobility.

Thoughts?

I remember doing the math on using Mastery of Air to leap, and working out how much force a 300lb character can come down with to crush something.

It... is a lot more than d6 damage :smalltongue:

druid91
2017-04-14, 10:25 PM
when dragging a creature, you move at half speed. so you get 1d6 per psi point, garunteed, unless they happen to have a friend who knows feather fall on their side. Pretty good, but not the most busted.

Except the powers aren't giving you a movement speed. They're simply saying you move that far.

As part of your
movement, you jump in any direction up to 20
feet per psi point spent

Foxhound438
2017-04-14, 11:02 PM
Except the powers aren't giving you a movement speed. They're simply saying you move that far.

-as part of your movement-

jumping still can't bring you past your move speed, which is halved while dragging someone.

druid91
2017-04-14, 11:26 PM
-as part of your movement-

jumping still can't bring you past your move speed, which is halved while dragging someone.

Yes. Your movement. That thing you do that is neither your standard nor bonus action.

When moving, you spend a psi point and then bam. You jump 20 feet per psi point spent. So yes. You can only stagger 15 feet forward. But when you jump you jump. Then you fly.

You only spend movement to jump when you make a long jump or a high jump, which are specific actions with their own rules. This is neither of those, and specifies none of the same restrictions.

Zalabim
2017-04-15, 01:59 AM
As a bonus action, you can increase your movement this turn by 10' per psi point.

As a bonus action, you can teleport up to 20' per psi point if you haven't moved this turn and your movement becomes 0 this turn.

As no action at all, you can fly 20' per psi point as part of your movement.

As no action at all, you can jump 20' per psi point as part of your movement.

It's readily apparent what this means.