PDA

View Full Version : Requesting a touch of the hive mind's advice on a build

Teryon
2017-04-15, 08:27 AM
Just seeking a bit of final build advice for a 3.5(with 3.0 aspects) game, doing the whole Underdark module. Character was a warforged in the Cyre wastelands that got swapped due to a wizard in Faerun getting smacked with a bit of wild magic while casting dimension door to escape a battle. Really became pissed when he found out the whole point of his race, and him in particular being just an experimental model, thus the barbarian and psiwar levels. FoF is from hanging around the party druid too much.

Mechanically, basically a high-mobility beatstick that you don't want to make angry.

Race: Warforged
Barbarian 1\Psychic Warrior 6\Fist of the Forest 3
Str (22) Dex (14) Con (18) Int (14) Wis (16) Cha (10)
AC: 24
ACF: Barbarian fast movement traded for Pounce via spirit lion totem

Feats:

Power Attack
Improved Initiative
Improved Resiliency - Regional Feat(granted by DM)
Improved Unarmed Strike(Fanged Ring)
Improved Natural Attack(Fanged Ring)
Improved Bull Rush
Shock Trooper
Great Fortitude
Leap Attack
Adamantine Body

Weapon: Valorous Adamantine Greatsword
Magic Items:
Cloak of Weaponry and Resistance +1 (Cloak of Weaponry modded with Resistance)
Ring of Jumping
Torq of Animal Speech(1 party member is a druid)
Least Crystal of Return - attached to Greatsword
Fanged Ring
Battlefist
Dimension Stride Boots
Embedded slotless Handy Haversack
Vest of Feather Falling - Same as Ring of Feather Fall, just vest
Dimension Stride Boots

Psi Powers: Expanson, Skate, Levitate, Stomp, Animal Affinity, Darkvision

Restrictions: No ToB(GM is just getting back into the game after years, don't want to shake him up with newer mechanics too much), no magic items above +1 at chargen unless approved, 42k gold(the rest not spent on items is for a Shax-style Batman haversack).

Advice, stupid decisions, etc?

Kayblis
2017-04-15, 04:27 PM
Looks like you got damage and to-hit covered, as a raging charger. But you seem to rely very heavily on HP to survive, as you have low AC for the level and sports Shocktrooper. For that reason I suggest you get some healing going, like the Belt of Healing or some swift/free-activation magic item. Items that activate on command take a standard action, but situational items activate every chance they get as a free action until they run out of uses.

Edit: Do you have +2~4 stat magic items? They're well worth the price.

Teryon
2017-04-15, 09:04 PM
Looks like you got damage and to-hit covered, as a raging charger. But you seem to rely very heavily on HP to survive, as you have low AC for the level and sports Shocktrooper. For that reason I suggest you get some healing going, like the Belt of Healing or some swift/free-activation magic item. Items that activate on command take a standard action, but situational items activate every chance they get as a free action until they run out of uses.

Edit: Do you have +2~4 stat magic items? They're well worth the price.

Not allowed to have any magic items above +1 at the moment. Besides, I don't know how to get my AC higher than 24 at the moment outside of a shield(precludes 2H fighting), Animated shield or Monk's Belt(both too expensive, pretty sure the Belt won't actually help my AC anyway). Plus, given the nature of the Underdark, I can't trust items that have limited charges; at least all the alchemical crap I'm taking I have the Craft(Alchemy) skill for; the DM agrees with me that it being restricted to spellcasters only is counterintuitive and stupid to boot.

Suggestions? The psionic power that emulates mage armor doesn't strike me as useful outside of situational(dealing with incorporeal or force dmg) and I don't think im going to be facing that often enough to make it worth the limited power slots I have atm.