PDA

View Full Version : interesting gestalt result, Blue dragon shaman + ranger

artimus261
2017-04-15, 09:46 AM
So I'm in a campaign that only has three players so the DM let us make gestalt characters(YAY) and decided to go with the dragon shaman, was my original choice, and ranger, after much deliberation, getting myself a d10 HD, all good saves, a decent damn skill list and skill points, and all the martial weapons to boot(and evasion later xD). ALSO my race is, dun dun dun, Mongrelfolk out of races of destiny. Now rly i love that race and even despite the -4 Cha for the shaman's touch of vitality(i'll raise it as i level, eh) i discovered a pretty damn interesting set up.

So A. using Champion of the Wild alternate class feature for the ranger out of Complete Champion and I've gone with the ranged combat style netting me a decent free progression of my ranged combat

B. Mongrelfolk have an interesting little thing call sound imitation, lets them imitate any sound they've heard. Cool but unless applied cleverly is useless.

HOWEVER

C. The blue dragon totem gets me VENTRILOQUISM AT WILL

This means my ranger can make a damn bird call from a completely different direction before setting up a sweet sweet ranged attack like ALL THE TIME

kinda niche but was pretty excited about it, not something i had foreseen until it was all sitting next to each other, all of distractions will be mine!

as a side note I guess Kenku could make it work too for anyone not wanting that -4 Cha, -2 Int(and +4! Con)