PDA

View Full Version : Tail Disarm

artimus261
2017-04-15, 10:34 AM
So I have a character that has the Dragon Tail feat. I am wondering if, with improved disarm, it could be argued that i could disarm an enemy with it? Would that be worth a feat all on it's own? Really trying to make it handy since I use a bow with the character and the tail is ALREADY a weapon i can use while still holding a bow and having an arrow nocked and everything... so thoughts?

Maybe a feat with the benefits like

A character who has a tail that can be used as a natural weapon can use it to make disarm attempts. The tail is considered to be a one-handed sized weapon for the purpose of disarming.

This way it's solid but would still provoke without improved disarm, sure there would be a prereq in there but just havent thought that far ahead yet. With the benefit above is that a fair feat?

Malimar
2017-04-15, 10:43 AM
So I have a character that has the Dragon Tail feat. I am wondering if, with improved disarm, it could be argued that i could disarm an enemy with it? Would that be worth a feat all on it's own? Really trying to make it handy since I use a bow with the character and the tail is ALREADY a weapon i can use while still holding a bow and having an arrow nocked and everything... so thoughts?

Just being able to disarm with the tail isn't worth a feat on its own, but turning the tail into a third hand is, and such a feat already exists: I would definitely allow it with the Prehensile Tail feat from Savage Species.

I would maybe possibly allow it to work without said feat, but if I did, the object definitely just ends up on the floor and not held by the character with the tail.

artimus261
2017-04-15, 10:47 AM
.... Prehensile Tail you say??? Oh HO! I've never really read savage species that much! THANKS and yeah i could see it being used without but being on the floor, thank you, totally gonna go check that feat out!!!