PDA

View Full Version : Camp Sleeps-A-Lot sign up

Pages : [1] 2

smellie_hippie
2007-07-29, 09:43 AM
Ok fellow SMBGers...

As promised, I'm starting a new incarnation of the Werewolf Game. Welcome to Camp Sleeps-A-Lot! This is the sign-up thread, which will be moved to the appropriate location. I'll edit this post later with the appropriate amount of information to continue luring campers.

The basic premise:
Everbody will be attending the Earthie and Nature-iffic campground of Camp Sleeps-A-Lot. We have canoeing, hiking, arts-and-crafts, and everynight we have a fireside jamboree where Camp Director Smellie_Hippie tells wonderful ghost stories! Camp Sleeps-A-Lot has fallen on hard times, so the Directors will be trying everything to keep all the chldren happy and ensure their continued operation funds for next year...

The problem is, there is another camp just on the far side of the lake. Camp Wrong-Side-of-the-Tracks is host to trouble makers, juvenile delinquents and other n'er-do-well teens. They have taken it upon themselves to ruin this last ditch effort to save the camp. They will be doing everything they can to wreck all of Smellie_Hippie's plans.

This is my first attempt at running/narrating a WW game, but I promise there are enough twists and turns already in place to make it unique and enjoyable!:smallbiggrin:

The currently designed roles:
Mommy’s Brave Little Camper (Baner): This camper picks one frightened child each night, and keeps them safe. Mommy’s Brave Little Camper stays up all night long with one of the campers to help survive the ghost story.

Assistant Camp Director (Seer): This camper is the right hand man/woman for the camp director. Though never trusted with all the itinerary and camp roster, they can spend part of the evening thinking really hard, and recognize (scry) where each camper came from.

B-F-F Campers (Masons): These campers have been pen pals, gone on sleep-overs and have group photos from various family vacations. They all know each other, and have been best friends for years. Scry as regular campers.

Junior Gang Leader (Alpha Wolf): The Junior Gang Leader has snuck into camp Sleeps-A-Lot before. He has used his skills to forge his name on the roster, and will be scried as a regular camper. The Junior Gang Leader will pick his gang of ner-do-well campers.

Camp Wrong-side-of-the-Tracks (Werewolves): These campers have snuck across the lake from the juvenile facility. They are nasty and rotten, and want to scare away all the kids, so they can set up their gang in the posh setting of Camp Sleeps-a-Lot. Every night, they will select a camper to scare by enacting the Ghost Story told at the fire-pit Jamboree.

The Prankster (Devil): This is that camper who thought hording all the TP was funny… switching toothpaste for itch-cream, putting kids hands in warm-water, hiding the oars for the canoe… *pant pant pant*. The Prankster can scry the other campers every night, and will be scried as camp Wrong-Side-of-the-Tracks.

The Weekend Warrior (Fool): This camper has been camping once before… but only once. He/she thinks they know everything about it, and can accurately peg everyone in their “camp roles”. During night activities, the Weekend Warrior can scry any individual, but the results will be randomly determined.

Ow My Braces got Stuck! (Lovers): These two campers have snuck away from the campfire for some alone time. The only problem is that they appear to have gotten stuck. If one of them gets booted out of camp, the other will have to go with… for a trip to the orthodontist! These campers are aware of who each other is, but not their roles.

B-Man
2007-07-29, 10:11 AM
:smallcool: I'm in only if there's coffee on the camp grounds.

Khaldan
2007-07-29, 10:13 AM
Im in, unless you would like a so-narrator..

Korias
2007-07-29, 10:18 AM
I'm In. What are the roles?

InaVegt
2007-07-29, 10:32 AM
*looks around*

No werewolves here, J'assume?

Or maffiosi, terrorists, rebels or other annoyances?

Well, they can't actually stop me.

*signs up*

Zar Peter
2007-07-29, 10:37 AM
I will join! And I bring my telescope, I hope we have a clear sky at night.

Alarra
count me in.

Castaras
In.

*Brings along the make-a-pie-at-camp package*

Vespe Ratavo
2007-07-29, 11:09 AM
Oooh. Camp. The dramatic and comedic possibilities are endless.

In.

EmeraldRose
2007-07-29, 11:13 AM
Yay!! :smallbiggrin:

*packs a backpack*

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-29, 11:18 AM
A car pulls up at camp.

"Now Andre, you be good at camp. This is not a punishment. You are supposed to have fun here and meet new people. I know the court ordered you to stay out of the county for the summer for that putting all that shaving cream in trunk of the police chief's squad car..."

A sullen Andre walks into camp wearing a black Nine Inch Nails shirt...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-29, 11:26 AM
oooh,I want in as a co-narrator or a player. This will be lots of fun.

Ink
2007-07-29, 11:36 AM
Is it band camp? :elan:

Mountain_Faerie
2007-07-29, 12:13 PM
Yea! Camping! Gets out z-rest, boots, and co-narrating stubby pencil. Finds a second stubby pencil and tosses it across the playground to Llama. (whispers) psst... hey Llama, hippie wants us to get together in the next week or so to plot, scheme and (notices others are listening) ...AND PLAN SOME REALLY FUN CAMP ACTIVITIES FOR THE SPECIAL LITTLE CAMPERS. :smallbiggrin:

Shadow
2007-07-29, 01:02 PM
In or co-narrate. I haven't narrated one yet either, but I'm willing to throw my lot in for it.
Either way will be fun.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-29, 02:10 PM
I'm in. As these words are heard echoing across the countryside a car pulls into the camp.
"Now sweetheart, don't forget - this is your first evr time here be sure to wear lots of suncream and insect repellant; always check your cabin, be nice to the kids and for Heaven's sake! Stop reading all those books."
"Mum! I'm a Counsellor! This pays well, and I'm obviuosly proficient or at least acceptable in the camping arts otherwise I wouldn't be here. Bye now. I'll write soon." Two large backpacks, a suitcase and a box are dumped unceremoniously on the ground outside a cabin. Hearing a shout from someone she knows Curly turns around and waves at her.

smellie_hippie
2007-07-29, 03:25 PM
Well crap. :smallannoyed:

I'm going to be online here for the next 6 hours... but I left my zip-drive at home. I'll see if Mountain_Faerie can email the roles to me. In short summary up to this point...

The Narrators will be:
smellie_hippie :smallbiggrin: Mountain_Farie :smallwink: and Llama :smalleek:

There are no "werewolves" at this camp... but rather nasty campers from the Juvenile Detention Facility from across the lake. This will be an "alpha game" and will have a few side-quests. It is also going to be arranged similar to Pirates II, with a "map" for all the different cabins where all the cute little campers will be staying. This camp will have a maximum capacity of 50 campers.

As promised, I will edit the first post to inform you all of the roles. Camping will probably start shortly after the completion of Pirates III *grumble already lynched... grumble...*

evnafets
2007-07-29, 03:37 PM
But Mom, I don't want to go to Camp Sleeps-a-lot. Everyone will hate me. Why can't I just stay at home and play on my computer?

in.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-29, 03:58 PM
Well crap. :smallannoyed:

I'm going to be online here for the next 6 hours... but I left my zip-drive at home. I'll see if Mountain_Faerie can email the roles to me. In short summary up to this point...

The Narrators will be:
smellie_hippie :smallbiggrin: Mountain_Farie :smallwink: and Llama :smalleek:

There are no "werewolves" at this camp... but rather nasty campers from the Juvenile Detention Facility from across the lake. This will be an "alpha game" and will have a few side-quests. It is also going to be arranged similar to Pirates II, with a "map" for all the different cabins where all the cute little campers will be staying. This camp will have a maximum capacity of 50 campers.

As promised, I will edit the first post to inform you all of the roles. Camping will probably start shortly after the completion of Pirates III *grumble already lynched... grumble...*

Don't forget Counsellors. There's no way I'm going to be the only one.

Shadow
2007-07-29, 04:30 PM
A well built kid hops out of a '72 Pinto hatchback wearing cut-off, acid-washed jean shorts and a dirty, tattered Led Zepplin t-shirt. He has a canvas backpack slung over one shoulder with a sling-shot sticking out of the front pocket.

Seeing all the crybaby 'cyber' kids, he smiles grimly for a moment before shoving evnafets down in a mud puddle.

"O'Thadow RULEth!", his war cry of sorts, will be well remembered by the end of camp.

whitehelm
2007-07-29, 05:22 PM
I'm in also.

janusnori
2007-07-29, 05:52 PM
Oh oh! In!

*readies his 100 piece swiss army knife*

Indurain
2007-07-29, 07:38 PM
*grabs his tent and sleeping back and bulk bag of marshmallows*

Sign me up!

*goes online to find the words to Kumbaya*

PirateMonk
2007-07-29, 09:03 PM
Well, all my friends are going... :smalltongue:

(In.)

Vonriel
2007-07-29, 09:10 PM
"But mooommm, I dun wanna go to camp!"

"Tough luck, you're going"

I'm in :smallbiggrin:

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-29, 09:11 PM
Maybe I'll find more business here.
*The ghost of the sushi salesman hovers in*

EmeraldRose
2007-07-29, 09:37 PM
*begins making plans for Capture the Flag*

ER brings out detailed plans and starts trying to find campers to recruit for a game...

Neodan282
2007-07-29, 10:16 PM
A lonely little boy is dropped off at Camp S-A-L.

"Now Dan, Your here to make some friends, please be a good little boy when I'm gone." says his mother.

"Ok mommy." say 'Dan'.

((I'ma join))

Helgraf
2007-07-29, 11:35 PM
I'm in. Oh yes.

Artemis97
2007-07-30, 12:59 AM
Oh sign me up!

*sarts singing camp songs*

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-30, 05:58 AM
((ME! MEMEMEMEMEMEME! IN!))

*shifts into human form*

Can't have the little ones panicking at a dragon...

((I can't open the spoilers for some reason :smallconfused:

EDIT: They're opening now. Typical that they do so right after I post this :smallannoyed:))

Vhaidara
2007-07-30, 10:49 AM
The scary thing is, in real life, everyone would be a werewolf. I'm in.

Khaldan
2007-07-30, 11:37 AM
I have 23 people signed up. We must kill shadow! *points at shadow*

Vonriel
2007-07-30, 12:02 PM
:smallamused: That's right, we have yet to succeed in lynching Shadow before the game actually starts. *points at Shadow* Eventually we will!

Pwenet
2007-07-30, 12:30 PM
I'm game to try this game out.

smellie_hippie
2007-07-30, 01:19 PM
I'll be meeting with Llama and Mountain_Faerie over the weekend to plot how best to kill you all run this game. I'd expect that Sunday (August 5th) will have newer updates on the first post about a tentative start date and a list of those who have signed up to play.

As per usual, we'll be randomly selecting everybody's roles, and will notify you via PM. Llama appears to be more available online than Mountain_Faerie or myself... but I'll be trying to pay more attention once we get kicked off.

Have a great time, and let me know if you have any allergies. You know... poison ivy, bee stings, peanut butter... knives in the back...

Madmal
2007-07-30, 01:27 PM
I'm in.

Allergies? ...just dust in excess in guess, and some medicine i can't translate...

oh, and i'll appreciate some sogar-free food. thanks:smallsmile:

Lord Magtok
2007-07-30, 06:32 PM
I'm in. Extra text.

Draken
2007-07-30, 06:40 PM
Hello kids, I am the camp director, Mr. Draken Sapphiron Frosthand, and I hope all of you have a good time and that the tragedy of the last years doesn't repeat itself again... These poor kids...

I'm in too :smallsmile:

North
2007-07-30, 06:42 PM
Im in I never done one of these before.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-07-30, 06:59 PM
I realize my rampant inactivity may cost whatever 'team' (camper or juvenile delinquent) to probably lose a member (myself), but I've been trying to curb my bad habits and, personally, can't stop signing up. It is my curse, my eternal burden.

So, yeah, I'd like to sign up.

---------

Already at Camp Sleeps-A-Lot (most likely because he applied and was hired that specific morning and never left), the bald Camp Counsellor Fullbladder leans back against large rock.

"Mmmm, kids. Should count themselves lucky, they should. I never got to go to Camp. Rotten little..."

His beginnings of a monolgue are cut short by a coughing fit that lasts all of ten seconds. This causes the quiet counsellor to shut up, but not before softly cursing his black lungs.

(Heh heh. Finally I figure out a way to fandangle my way into a way to get off of trying to worm my awkward way through dialogue! Happy day!)

Raiser Blade
2007-07-30, 07:02 PM
im in

crosses finger for werewolf

Meinberg
2007-07-30, 09:47 PM
If it is not too late, I would like to also sign up.

pingcode20
2007-08-01, 04:22 AM
Alright, I'm game.

Count me in.

Flying Elephant
2007-08-01, 09:09 AM
I will attend this camp... But I'm allergic to peanuts.

smellie_hippie
2007-08-01, 11:32 AM
I will attend this camp... But I'm allergic to peanuts.

The irony is staggering. :smallamused:

Ok folks, consider this a shameless bump to keep the sign-up thread at the front of the page. Tell your friends... we have room for 50!! (yes I'm that crazy)

I'll be meeting with Llama over the weekend, so we'll have another "official update" to announce a starting time and so forth. Dress warm, and don't forget your parent permission forms!

HyramGraff
2007-08-01, 11:49 AM
*holds up a note*

HyramGraff has permission to attend this camp.

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-01, 06:51 PM
*The Ghost holds up his note*

Please make sure Fleeing does not return from this camp aliveundead

Krursk
2007-08-01, 08:58 PM
I'm in. Ironic that I'm signing up from a camp (2007 Canadian Scout Jamboree) for this one. My only allergy is cooked horse meat. I know, it's weird.

On an aside note, I hate french keyboards.

Helgraf
2007-08-01, 09:47 PM
Sure, sign me up.

PirateMonk
2007-08-01, 09:51 PM
A large box arrives in the mail, filled with paperwork. Only a few sheets seem to be ten year old PirateMonk's application forms. Odd...

InaVegt
2007-08-02, 04:11 AM
I've got an allergy for sunlight.

alec
2007-08-02, 04:41 AM
Alec wanders in the front gates, wearing a rather plain t-shirt and jeans. "At least they have cabins here." he murmers, as he hauls his single bag along.

Castaras
2007-08-02, 08:07 AM
Ooo, we have to state allergies, do we?

I have an allergy to face paint, sunlight, and pixie dust.

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-02, 08:43 AM
*The wandering ghost that haunts the camp is allergic to any Positive Energy and Tetanus Shots*

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-08-02, 11:24 PM
I'll join!

[Insert Neat Username Here] has permission to attend.
I have a deadly peanut allergy.

Khaldan
2007-08-03, 10:34 AM
25 people and countin. Here (http://www.editgrid.com/user/khaldan/Copy_%281%29_of_Khaldans_Sleeps-a-lot_sheet) is the list.

Raiser Blade
2007-08-03, 05:24 PM
Hmmm allergies eh?

Well i am allergic to death, hard work, and vegetables
in that order

Almighty Salmon
2007-08-03, 05:48 PM
Sounds like fun, i'm in!

*Sucks up the ghost of Fleeing coward in a hoover*

No sales for sushi here, Sorry!

Krursk
2007-08-03, 07:30 PM
Krursk shows up, all of his stuff (including a full size tent) masterfully packed into one hike pack. His paperwork has already been faxed out the first few days he recieved it and he's even called to make sure it was recieved. Everyone knows he's going to be the camper who enjoys everything, is good at everything and causes everyone to want to eviscerate him from about the first 15 seconds onwards.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-03, 09:28 PM
I am allergic to other people and authority figures. And waking up before 4 pm.

Pwenet
2007-08-03, 09:49 PM
Is that list fully accurate, for I signed up, and with a cap of 50, either you hate newbies and don't want me in, or I was overlooked :smallyuk:

Nibleswick
2007-08-03, 09:52 PM
CanIgocanIcanI,I'venevergonetocampcanI.
"He's allergic to MSG and perfume." Nibleswick's mother tells the Camp officials.

I'm in.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-03, 09:55 PM
We met and had a planning session tonight and you are very much still in, Pwenet.

Draken
2007-08-03, 09:55 PM
Khaldan ignored me to. Luckly, he actually has nothing to do with the actual lists, that is up to smellie_hippie.

RocketBard
2007-08-03, 10:02 PM
Is it too late to sign-up?

Lord Magtok
2007-08-03, 10:09 PM
Hmm...I'm missing too. Is it possible Khaldan's trying to get rid of people from the game before it even starts? I wouldn't be suprised. I've seen him fighting Draken, he may have fought Pwnet in the Town before, and NOBODY likes me. :smalltongue:

Pwenet
2007-08-03, 10:33 PM
We met and had a planning session tonight and you are very much still in, Pwenet.

Gives a 10-year old boy cheer.

Jumps up and runs around crazily before falling on his back, panting happily.

Khaldan
2007-08-03, 11:02 PM
FUlly overlooked. t'will be changed. please dont stab me.

Pwenet
2007-08-03, 11:46 PM
FUlly overlooked. t'will be changed. please dont stab me.

"I shall not stab."

Pulls out the Super Soaker 300X1! the latest in soaking technology, and sprays Khaldan with pink colored water.

The Flake
2007-08-04, 12:05 AM
Wait, is it too late to sign up? Because I would like to play, if possible. I've been told I need to face my fear of ghost stories... I think this counts. :smalltongue:

2007-08-04, 12:34 AM
Magtok, it's olkay. some of the ones skipped, such as myself, simply have poor Werewolf reputations.

Really. The most active I've been in a werewolf game was the first game I played. And subsequently that time I played the eccentirc hobo who hunted wolves in a sheep suit and lived in garbage. Llama ate me that round.

Shadow
2007-08-04, 03:57 AM
Magtok, it's olkay. some of the ones skipped, such as myself, simply have poor Werewolf reputations.Like me, you mean?
My reputaion isn't exactly shining or anything....
Was I overlooked, too?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-04, 10:27 AM
Magtok, it's olkay. some of the ones skipped, such as myself, simply have poor Werewolf reputations.

Really. The most active I've been in a werewolf game was the first game I played. And subsequently that time I played the eccentirc hobo who hunted wolves in a sheep suit and lived in garbage. Llama ate me that round.

The sheep suit really sealed in the flavor, making every bite of Fullbladder succulent and satisfying.

Castaras
2007-08-04, 10:28 AM
The sheep suit really sealed in the flavor, making every bite of Fullbladder succulent and satisfying.

o.O

*Quietly edges away from the llama*

RocketBard
2007-08-04, 10:45 AM
Well, if it isn't too late to sign-up, then I would like to say that I'm in.

smellie_hippie
2007-08-04, 11:12 AM
Sign up will continue through Friday August 10th (unless we hit 50 players, whichever comes first). Then I'll be heading out for a weekend vacation and the game will probably start the following Friday (17th). At the end of sign-up we will send out the PM's assigning roles and put all the campers into their assigned cabins.

It's going to be a lot of fun.... and yes, we have side quests planned. :smallamused:

edit: Thank you Khalden for starting the roster. Despite missing a couple of campers, I appreciate getting that started! (looks towards Llama to help with continued organizational skills...:smalleek: )

Khaldan
2007-08-04, 11:28 AM
41 people and counting. again, Here. (http://www.editgrid.com/user/khaldan/Khaldans_Sleeps-a-lot_sheet) Please stab me, aparently i missed half a page O_o

InaVegt
2007-08-04, 11:54 AM
41 people and counting. again, Here. (http://www.editgrid.com/user/khaldan/Khaldans_Sleeps-a-lot_sheet) Please stab me, aparently i missed half a page O_o

Your wish is my command, sometimes.

*stabs Khaldan*

PirateMonk
2007-08-04, 12:05 PM
*Stabs Khaldan again*

<_< >_>

*Grabs kidneys*

Shadow
2007-08-04, 01:08 PM
It's going to be a lot of fun.... and yes, we have side quests planned. :smallamused:The secret taco sidequest has finally arrived!

And the forumites rejoice!

Draken
2007-08-04, 01:17 PM
*Stabs Khaldan a bit more*

*Evil smile*

*removes Khaldan's eyes and place then in his mouth*

The Flake
2007-08-04, 02:04 PM
You might want to note my SN has no underscore. That could prove to be a problem, come PMing time.

whitehelm
2007-08-04, 02:07 PM
TACOS!!!!!!!!!! *stabs Khaldan*

Khaldan
2007-08-04, 02:50 PM
Changed. And you need to stab me, remeber :smallsmile:

Shadow
2007-08-04, 03:01 PM
What, stab you....?
I thought everyone was trying to lynch me before the game began....

It'll happen eventually.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-08-04, 03:22 PM
Oh, count me in! I hope nobody else sleeps in the same pond as me. I snore.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-04, 03:24 PM
Oh, well. To jeep one of the whiny kids happy; Counsellor Curly (how corny is that) points at Shadow. "Will you be quiet now?"

Zar Peter
2007-08-04, 03:45 PM
The austrian exchange student pokes Curly!

But, missus! He's right. Normaly we scare him away at first! And Khaldan screw the list up, I saw it. Blame him!

Zar Peter points at Khaldan

pingcode20
2007-08-04, 05:59 PM
*Points at Piratemonk

Stabbings for all!

PirateMonk
2007-08-04, 06:12 PM
*Points at Pingcode20*

Unprovoked pointing is mighty suspicious, if ya ask me.

EmeraldRose
2007-08-04, 11:31 PM
((I've decided to be the Camp nurse. I don't think anyone's decided on that yet? If so, let me know, and I'll switch it.))

*Nurse Hatchett comes out of the Med Tent with a Mega-Super Size Bottle of Bug Spray and a spray dispenser of Calamine. She see the hordes of campers arriving and sighs*

Another summer, another crop of mosquito bites and poison ivy outbreaks. Well, there's still time to get ready before it all starts...

*She goes back into the Med Tent to prepare*

DarkLightDragon
2007-08-05, 02:53 AM
((We're claiming roles now?

:smallamused:

I call dibs on...

CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD!

Or whatever the camp equivalent of that is!))

Castaras
2007-08-05, 07:57 AM
(( Hmm...Roles, roles, roles...

Anyone remember the bewildered beholder from the past two revolution games? He's got a kid...:smallamused: ))

Don't wanna go hang out with human kids! They nasty, and bully me 'cos I'm green, or run away from me when I wanna play one of their games!
Now now, son, you need to spend some time outdoors, instead of on your eye-toy.
But Daaaaaaaad...
Enough! You are going and that's final!
Aww...Can I take the eye-toy with me then?
*sigh* Fine then. If it makes you happy.
Yay!

A young beholder floats in, grinning, a floating computer-like thing behind it. She floats over to a random tent, and peers in.

Not going in that...

Finding a nearby rock-face, she starts disintegrating a cave for her to stay in for the duration of the camp.

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 09:18 AM
"No disintegrating at camp! We use dynamite."
*Is stabbed in back of neck*
Councilour from the other camp. Not a nice person.

InaVegt
2007-08-05, 09:28 AM
Little Gezina arrives at Camp, carrying on oddly shaped suitcase (read, children's coffin) and wearing black clothing covering everything except for the eyes, at the eyes there are big sunglasses, she is brought by an adult woman in pretty much the same attire.

But momma, I don't like playing with living kids.
You need some time out of the castle, my girl. It's not healthy how much you are using the computer.
But...
No buts, you're going to this camp whether you like it or not.
But I need to drink, and only it's most nutritious when fresh.
I think you can survive a couple of weeks on the bottles I'm going to give to the camp director, and now you'd better keep your trap shut or I'm going to kick it shut.

Little Gezina stays silent, while she places her suitcase in one of the tents and doesn't come out, meanwhile her mother gives the camp director a crate of bottles with a dark red liquid in it.

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 09:33 AM
Bookboy heads over and gices Little Gezina a laptop.
There you go. It's even got a cloaker on it. I'd never survive camp without one.

EmeraldRose
2007-08-05, 09:36 AM
((We're claiming roles now?

I call dibs on...

CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD!

Or whatever the camp equivalent of that is!))

((I saw a couple others deciding to be counselors...and I usually have a character in mind before the game starts. Figured I'd go for something different. :smallwink:

Also..someone must be available to hand out the Off and Calamine!))

InaVegt
2007-08-05, 09:40 AM
As bookboy enters the tent he notices a lot of stuff packed out and a closed coffin suitcase.

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 09:45 AM
(Packed out?)

Don't worry. I'm in Boy Scouts. It's not so bad. Worst that ever happened was someone got duct taped to their cot by another troop.

InaVegt
2007-08-05, 10:13 AM
(out of the suitcase)

The problem is, he doesn't see little Gezina, she's not in the tent as far as he can see.

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 10:20 AM
He checks the suitcase, having seen some first time campers hide in them.

InaVegt
2007-08-05, 10:23 AM
She is lying inside the coffin suitcase, as a mummified Egyptian would lie, her sunglasses aren't worn and she just stares straight up with her blood red eyes.

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 10:24 AM
Are you okay?

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-05, 11:22 AM
Andre begins wandering around the camp.

"Hmmm. Why would a camp need a morgue?"

He rummages in his backpack and takes out a skull. He places the skull in one corner, and places an scented candle (lilac) on the top.

"Looks like this is my room!"

Vespe Ratavo
2007-08-05, 12:36 PM
Li'l Vespe walks into camp.
Meh. Hopefully this one will be better than the last one..
Vespe pulls out some duct tape and fiddles around with it, making wallets and such.

Draken
2007-08-05, 01:05 PM
The camp director, who happens to have wings, pass flying over the entrance.

Welcome, welcome, move to your rooms, set up your needs, and prepare for the camp! It will sure be unforgetable!

PirateMonk
2007-08-05, 01:09 PM
PirateMonk points at Draken.

He's impersonating Smellie_Hippie; I don't trust him.

Castaras
2007-08-05, 01:10 PM
The beholder finishes with her carving of a nice cave, and hides in it with her eye-toy.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-05, 01:13 PM
Andre looks at his welcome activities packet:
Day 1: Dodge Ball ~ "Not doing that."
Day 2: Karate ~ "No, I'll skip that."
Day 3: Polo ~ "Not for me."
Day 4: Holoroom DoomQuake Dance Contest ~ "Ick. Games are for nerds."
Day 5: Horse dissection ~ "Oooh! That looks cool..."

Shadow
2007-08-05, 01:13 PM
*hits Andre in the head with dodge ball*

"O'Thadow Ruleth!"

EmeraldRose
2007-08-05, 01:17 PM
*Nurse Hatchett gets out extra rolls of bandages in preparation for injuries from the dodgeball game*

Why do these children always play such games? Some of them just aren't cut out for them...

*she sighs again*

Shadow
2007-08-05, 01:18 PM
*hits the nurse in the head with a dodgeball*

"Bandage that!"

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-05, 01:19 PM
The nearly lethal dodgeball smacks Andre in the face, and he loses a shoe as he crashes into the tables. The skull and lilac scented candle go flying off the counter.

Some embalming fluid tips over, and starts to poor onto the barely conscious Andre's Nine Inch Nails Shirt (Further Down the Spiral Tour).

Andre lies on the floor, covered in medical fluids, gels, and spray on tan trying to regain some form of coherent thought...

Castaras
2007-08-05, 01:21 PM
The beholder comes out of the cave, floating over to Shadow.

Hello. Why are you hurting those people like that?

Shadow
*runs away, laughing at Andre and the nurse*

EmeraldRose
*Nurse Hatchett's eyes seem to flash green for a moment before returning to normal, she calmly continues to ready the Med Tent for Camp, appearing to ignore the small camper. A roll of bandaging appears to fly towards the malefactor, wrapping around his arms*

Zar Peter
2007-08-05, 01:22 PM
Zar Peter shakes his head!

Dodgeball? Can't we play just football. Or do they call it soccer here? Playing tennis with wooden balls and a racket without net doesn't make any sense!

((FYI: I'm impersonating an austrian exchange student so all spelling mistakes are intended and for your enjoyment. If you want to correct them anyway feel free to do so :smallcool: ))

Shadow
2007-08-05, 01:23 PM
"Haahaa! Mithed me!" he taunts the nurse and her bandages.

O'Shadow trips in a mud puddle in his haste and falls into the murky, dirty mess.

He begins crying when the other children start to laugh and point.
He runs to his cabin to cry in peace.

Castaras
2007-08-05, 01:25 PM
The beholder watches Shadow run away crying, and sighs.

Why does nobody ever answer me when I try to be nice?

She turns to Zar Peter.

Hello.

Zar Peter
2007-08-05, 01:27 PM
Hello!

Where do you come from? Don't think I ever see someone... something... ermmm... haven't noticed you till now!

EmeraldRose
2007-08-05, 01:27 PM
*the bandages continue after Shadow in order to clean him up and bandage him, along with a voice telling him not to run without looking where he is going and a lecture about being nice to others*

*in the Med Tent, Nurse Hatchett hums along to herself as she works*

Castaras
2007-08-05, 01:29 PM
I come from those mountains over there. Dad says I should see kids my age, and maybe interact with other species instead of staying with beholders only.

Zar Peter
2007-08-05, 01:42 PM
I come from those mountains over there. Dad says I should see kids my age, and maybe interact with other species instead of staying with beholders only.

Oh yes, learning about a other enviroment, new people... my parents said that to my as they sat me in the aeroplane...

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-05, 01:49 PM
"Right then kids. What's happened here? I'm also one of your new Counsellors, so I'll introduce myself. I'm Curly; you are?"
The Counsellor had sneaked up behind the two kids and asked the question.
"Oh, a beholder. Haven't seen one of you for a while."

Castaras
2007-08-05, 01:51 PM
Yeah.

The beholder turns to Curly.

Hello. My name is -

She gets cut off as a group of kids start yelling abuse at her. She floats over and turns them to stone.

Zar Peter
2007-08-05, 01:56 PM
Hello Missus Curly, my name is Peter.

I just chatted with this... ermmm... .... we talked a little bit about why we are here and so on.... Do you know where the football is? I want to play with some of the kids here if they know the rules..

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-05, 02:11 PM
"No turning people to stone!" Curly shouts at the beholder.
"And, Peter, in America Football is like Rugby for babies. Soccer is what they call Football here. And, I am British, so I know these things. No sports equipment until Camp is offically opened."

Castaras
2007-08-05, 02:16 PM
They started it. They're lucky I didn't disintegrate them.

The beholder's voice is calm and peaceful, idly moving the statues over to what she thinks is their tents.

Zar Peter
2007-08-05, 02:21 PM
Awww.... no football... that sucks. What do you have in this boxes?

Try to look in one of the boxes

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-05, 02:24 PM
"Keep out of Counsellors' belongings!" She whisks the boxes behind her. "And you - beholder! Look, give me your name, turn those campers back and stay out of their tents because the Director may stop you from going on the taco sidequest."

Lord Magtok
2007-08-05, 02:31 PM
Lil' Magtok begins to unpack. A bag filled with various surgical equipment is hidden in the corner, with a bone saw sticking out. A few extra robes and a mysterious black book stick out of another bag. He looks through the activites packet, and mutters to himself as he reads through it.

Day 1: Dodge Ball ~ "Might be fun. I'd love to give that Austrian kid a good whack across the face."

Day 2: Karate ~ "No, I prefer fighting with brains, rather than brawn. And I'll get in a ton of trouble if I "accidently" break another kid's neck again."

Day 3: Polo ~ "Definitely not gonna happen. These cybernetics never touch water...or is it referring to the thing with horses? Meh, I hate that, too."

Day 4: Holoroom DoomQuake Dance Contest ~ "Gods, I hate those dance games. They're a mockery of real videogames, the kind of junk no true self-respecting gamer would ever play. Maybe they'll have a shooter lying around I could play."

Day 5: Horse dissection ~ "Hmm...I could try bringing it back to life with some cybernetics to scare the others. It'd be fun riding around on a cyberhorse, trampling anyone who gets in my way."

Castaras
2007-08-05, 02:32 PM
The beholder turns to Curly, and looks slightly embarrassed.

I...umm...I dunno how...

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-05, 02:37 PM
"Look, under the rules Magical Beings only get two Mass Undo Magic spells. If you use this you only have one left."
She hands a scroll to the Beholder, along with an itinerary. "And for Heaven's sake tell me your name. It's rude having to call you Beholder all the time. Day 5 is always popular with the Campers."

Castaras
2007-08-05, 02:39 PM
The beholder uses an eye ray to make the scroll hover in front of her. She turns to the statues and tries to use the scroll. Unfortunately, it blows up in her face.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-05, 03:05 PM
Curly takes out the last of the Mass Undo Magic spells the Beholder is entitled to and undoes the spell. "Next time the Director will have to be informed. And your name is..."

Castaras
2007-08-05, 03:08 PM
The beholder hasn't heard, having floated dreamily over to some weird tree places.

Lord Magtok
2007-08-05, 03:10 PM
Lil' Magtok wanders past Curly with his bonesaw, looking for a something furry and adorable to use it on. He spots a deer, and slowly sneaks towards it, smiling maliciously.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-05, 03:12 PM
"Hey, ask before you kill.Now kill away. The Harm and Mutilate and Dissect Sall, Furry Animals room is to your left. Clean the room down afterwards OK?" Curly goes to the Counsellor section, annoyed and concerned for her stuff.

Lord Magtok
2007-08-05, 03:18 PM
Magtok stares at her in shock.

Whoa...you're actually gonna let me violate animal cruelty laws? Woooo!

He rushes to get all of his other bizzare and twisted metal instruments, and then sprints to the room. Chances are, he's going to spend the rest of the trip in there.

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 03:22 PM
Hang on for a moment. First you need to get certified.
Bookboy hands him a form.
First you have to release us from any responsibilities for injuries.

Zar Peter
2007-08-05, 03:24 PM
Zar Peter looks at all the mess and shakes his head.

America, land of the infinite possibilitis they call it. It's the land of the impossible possibilitis as I see.
And if no one is playing football with me I'm going to kick a ball against the wall over there. Hah, this counsellor girl don't hand out balls, I'm going to kick some stones. And than I look what's in this boxes...

Lord Magtok
2007-08-05, 03:30 PM
Lil' Mag quickly fills out the forms, and then runs off.

I'm definitely coming back here next year!

Vonriel
2007-08-05, 03:38 PM
Hmm, our sign-up thread has turned into a freeform RP thread about the game. :smalltongue:

EmeraldRose
2007-08-05, 04:48 PM
@ Von..isn't that what usually happens? :smallwink:

Besides, it helps to pass the time until the game starts!

*Nurse Hatchett surveys the Med Tent*

There! I believe my preparations are complete. Now...I feel as though I've forgotten something...ah yes! That other camper who was in the dodgeball scuffle earlier.

*She goes to find and bandage the other camper, after locking up the Med Tent*

InaVegt
2007-08-05, 04:54 PM
As the sun starts to set Little Gezina gets out of her coffin suitcase. She removed the hood and walks out of her tent, her pale skin contrasting the light of the campfires and her white long hair flowing behind her. Her blood red eyes flash around the campsite and she licks her pointy teeth as she looks at the other kids.

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 04:57 PM
Bookboy follows her.
You ever been camping before?

InaVegt
2007-08-05, 05:03 PM
No, I just became five thousand years old a week ago, of course this is my first time.

Little Gezina licks her lips as she looks at all those nice living kids.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-05, 05:03 PM
"Hey, how many other Counsellors are there?" asks Curly as she begins to unpack her stuff. Taking special care with her boxes.

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 05:06 PM
Well, I think there was one a while ago. I'll help. Three years in Boy Scouts teaches you a few things. Like that 50% of camping is sitting around playing card games.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-08-05, 05:46 PM
Vespe walks around, waiting for the game to begin.

Neodan282
2007-08-05, 05:57 PM
Dan looks at the activites list

Day 1: Dodge Ball "Gah, I hate dodgeball."

Day 2: Karate "Eh, I'd be good for my health if i don't do that, but it would also be good if i do..."

Day 3: Polo "What kind of polo, better not be water polo, I can't swim."

Day 4: Holoroom DoomQuake Dance Contest "This seems like DDR, i'll try it."

Day 5: Horse dissection "Poor horses..."

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-05, 06:03 PM
(horse polo - the losing team horses get dissected. Just wait until you see the menus!)

Flying Elephant
2007-08-05, 07:31 PM
"I can't believe it.", the elephant looks around disgustedly, "All I do is accidentally trash a school bus, and Ehlonna sticks me on community service for a week. How should I have known the dumb cleric was telling me to pull it off of the cliff edge, not to charge it?"

He busies himself picking litter that the lazy kids have thrown onto the ground, mumbling something about martinis and fluffy clouds...

Alarra
2007-08-05, 07:59 PM
In one of the back cabins, a small girl lays curled on her bed, her belongings already meticulously put away, sobbing quietly.

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 08:11 PM
Bookboy, having trained his ears to sobbing and crying, heads over to see what's wrong.

Shadow
2007-08-05, 08:22 PM
*Bookboy gets hit in the head with a dodgeball*

"O'Thadow Ruleth!"

Alarra
2007-08-05, 08:25 PM
Alarra turns away from Bookboy and curls into a smaller ball.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-05, 08:26 PM
Andre rolls over, his face in a...moist...bedpan.

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 08:26 PM
Bookboy, also used to dodgeballs, catches it in midair and flings it back.
What's wrong? First time at camp?

Shadow
2007-08-05, 08:27 PM
"Hey! You cheated! You weren't Thupothed to catch that!"

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 08:28 PM
Well, you're out. Those are the rules. I catch it, you're out.

Shadow
2007-08-05, 08:35 PM
"Give it back!
I.
Want
My.
Ball.
Back!"

V: ((I'll play wherever I want, thank you! :smallwink:))

Alarra
2007-08-05, 08:35 PM
(how can you be both in my cabin and playing dodgeball? You two aren't playing in here, are you?)

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 08:43 PM
(I'm in, he's not. He threw it at me. And Shadow, I said he threw it back at him.)

Shadow
2007-08-05, 08:48 PM
"You're not my MOM!"

Alarra
2007-08-05, 08:49 PM
Alarra sniffs and nods. She looks to be about 7, and her eyes are very red and puffy. She's probably been crying since her parents dropped her off.

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 09:03 PM
Bookboy sits down next to her.
Don't worry, it'll be okay. First time I ever went to summer camp, my tent partner's parents made him go. And you know what? The only thing that kept him from having fun was sunburn. It'll be alright, camp is always overwhelming the first time you go.

Alarra
2007-08-05, 09:15 PM
"It is?" She sits up and looks rather relieved to know that she's not the only one that's felt like this. "But I'm scared and what if there's bugs? and it's dark outside? And I don't know anyone.." She sniffs again

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 09:22 PM
Bookboy reaches down and picks up a daddy long legs.
As long as these are around, you'll be safe from bugs. They can't bite people, but they eat other bugs and spiders. As for it being dark, take this.
He reaches into his backpack(Which is equivalent to Heward's Handy Haversack), and pulls out a small LED light.
This baby shines so bright, you'll think it's daytime.
He hands it to her. It has his motto on it.
"Helping campers enjoy camping."

Alarra
2007-08-05, 09:37 PM
"Ewwwww!" She shrinks back from the daddy long legs, but once he puts it back down, she scoots closer to look at the light. She turns it over in her hands, "How's it work?"

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 09:40 PM
Just point it away from you, and push this button to turn it on.
He demonstrates, accidentally blinding a few people.

Vonriel
2007-08-05, 09:40 PM
A camper, not quite bigger, but definitely bolder than the rest, is heard crunching around through the woods, memorizing the layout of Camp Sleeps-A-Lot. Upon hearing the sobbing, he makes his way towards the cabin, only to find he was beaten there already. Looking at Alarra, he says "Hey, I was walking around and heard sobbing. Are you ok?"

Alarra
2007-08-05, 09:54 PM
"Oh neat!" She grins. "Thanks."

She looks up, surprised, as the camper enters. "I....yeah....I think I will be. Oh...and um...I'm Alarra." She smiles a sheepish grin at both of them.

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 09:58 PM
My camp name's Bookboy, because I always take the merit badge books in scouts.

(Real fact, I'm the current librarian.)

Vespe Ratavo
2007-08-05, 10:12 PM
Vespe walks into a cabin and unpacks. He pulls out an electric guitar and plays a bit of "Smoke on the Water," then puts the guitar on his bed and walks out.

I have no idea why I brought that thing. I can only play one song on it.

Vespe shrugs and wanders around.

Vonriel
2007-08-05, 10:19 PM
Vonriel nods. "Okay then. You can call me Von. Well, I'm gonna head back out there. Last year, some bullies from the camp across the way came over here and wrecked our stuff, but this year.. Let's just say I'm gonna leave a few surprises for them in the woods. Bye 'larra, Bookboy!" He waves and sets off back into the woods.

Helgraf
2007-08-05, 10:30 PM
Nose-buried-inna-book little Helgraf lies back on his bed, barely aware of anyone else in the cabin. He'd happily read the summer away given the chance. Some sobbing had a chance of disturbing his reading, but then it seemed to stop. Back to "The Shadow of the Past".

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 11:26 PM
Bookboy looks around for any other problems with unhappy campers.

(If this were the IC, I'd be so smashed as the baner it wouldn't be funny.)

Skippy
2007-08-05, 11:37 PM
((Is it too late to sign up? I want to be here...))

A small boy dressed in green clothes approaches the camp. A boy without a fairy who is a bit nervous, since the woods aren't the ones he is familiar with.

Hello!! Is anyone here??

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 11:39 PM
Bookboy heads over to him.
You here for the camp?

(You're good. Trust me, I think this will be better than the actual game.)

Skippy
2007-08-05, 11:44 PM
(Well, I hope the game will be good, too...)

Yeah, someone hinted that here I might find a good friend with whom I parted some time ago...

Vhaidara
2007-08-05, 11:45 PM
Who's that? I've been going around helping first time campers adjust, maybe I ran into them.

Skippy
2007-08-06, 09:59 AM
I made a promise to a certain girl I met before I had to leave home... She is my best friend, a girl from the forest, also dressed in green and with a big smile in her face...

Exachix
2007-08-06, 10:31 AM
((Is there still time to join this?))

A little fox trots in, slightly afraid of the camp, left here by his dad who feels he needs to get out more over the summer.

Poor guy.

Vonriel
2007-08-06, 10:51 AM
Von is seen coming out of the woods, stepping gingerly as if trying to avoid trip-wires, when he notices the fox. "Woah, a fox! Such cool animals.." He stops to watch it for a bit, before wandering over to a bench to sit and watch the others.

(( Hey, when does this thing start, anyway? ))

Exachix
2007-08-06, 10:59 AM
The Little Kit-Fox looks up at Von and curls up under a bench without people on it.

smellie_hippie
2007-08-06, 11:03 AM
(( Hey, when does this thing start, anyway? ))

Game starts next week. I will be sending roles to everyone via PM near the end of this week and will start the thread of the game. I'll be out for the weekend, so any other PM requests or questions should go to my wonderful co-narrators.

Llama (Magical Creature in the Playground) :smalltongue:
and
Mountain_Faerie (Fey in the Playground) :smallbiggrin:

Go vote!

edit: Yes you will be inclided in the game Exachix. Sign up closes on Friday, or whenever we hit 50 players... whichever comes first. If you by some chance get cut off as the 51st + player, and the game is a success, you'll be first in line for the next one.

Exachix
2007-08-06, 11:06 AM
((Ah ok =) Thankies!))

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-06, 11:12 AM
((If it helps, the last non-RP post by Khaldan only had 40-45 players so you're probably in Exy))

Curly looks out of her cabin window and sees a Fox. "Well, that's complicates matters." She goes to check up on her boxes, and find some books to reead until camp fully starts.

Skippy
2007-08-06, 12:17 PM
I'll be out for the weekend, so any other PM requests or questions should go to my wonderful co-narrators.

Llama (Magical Creature in the Playground) :smalltongue:
and
Mountain_Faerie (Fey in the Playground) :smallbiggrin:

Go vote!

You're such a sellout...

Vhaidara
2007-08-06, 12:29 PM
So then, any idea where your friend would be? Any distinguishing features?

(At RS.)

Skippy
2007-08-06, 12:32 PM
Greenish hair, she plays an ocarina, she is thin and she is always smiling... I hope she is ok... And something tells me she might be here, too!

Vhaidara
2007-08-06, 12:36 PM
(OK, which Zelda game are you playing?)

Hm, I think I saw her in one of the front cabins.

Vonriel
2007-08-06, 12:52 PM
(( You really have to ask? Fairyless boy, ocarina.. ))

Vonriel pulls out some jerky, unsure of exactly what foxes eat, and tosses it hopefully at Exachix.

Vhaidara
2007-08-06, 12:55 PM
(I can't remember the name. There have been a few million Zelda games.)

Skippy
2007-08-06, 12:55 PM
(No, you got it wrong, it's not a fairyless boy, it's a boy without a fairy. Note the color change as something important is said...)

Cool! Thanks! I think I'll get my things in my cabin and start looking for her...

*Runs to a cabin, carrying a huge backpack full of all kind of weird things and weapons*

@^: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The best of all.

Khaldan
2007-08-06, 01:03 PM
((new count, 43 players.)) (http://www.editgrid.com/user/khaldan/Khaldans_Sleeps-a-lot_sheet)

Vhaidara
2007-08-06, 01:13 PM
(This is going to be a very long game.)
Hang on a moment!
Bookboy grabs RS by the shoulder and hands him a Handy Haversack.
I'm giving them to everyone. Nearly infinite space, and whatever you need will be right on top.

(Bag of Holding, gone backpack. Real magic item, and damn useful.)

Skippy
2007-08-06, 01:19 PM
Thanks a lot!! I don't think I'll be using more than the things I've already got: Bow and Arrows, bombs, deku nuts, shield, sword, longshot, bombchus, lens of truth, bottles filled with potions, boomerang and of course, my own ocarina.

(Where does he keep all those things?? I've always been haunted by that)

Exachix
2007-08-06, 01:21 PM
The Little Kit-Fox stays under his bench, watching.

Vhaidara
2007-08-06, 01:34 PM
Bookboy heads over to the fox
[fox]Are you here for the camp?

(Yes, I speak fox.)

Exachix
2007-08-06, 01:39 PM
The Little Kit Fox Nodds to Bookboy.

Vhaidara
2007-08-06, 03:01 PM
[fox]Scared?

(Filler.)

Vonriel
2007-08-06, 03:04 PM
Hey, Bookboy, was it? I think the little fox can understand regular speech, can't you?

Exachix
2007-08-06, 03:06 PM
The Little Fox Kit nodds.

To both questions.

Vhaidara
2007-08-06, 03:06 PM
Maybe, but a lot of things fel better when they speak in their native tongue. Also, there isn't as much thinking to find the right word. I'm fluent in all languages, so I might as well use that talent.

2007-08-06, 03:25 PM
The black lunged counsellor wanders around the camp a bit, looking more than a little irritable. This is probably because he starts into a coughing fit whenever he tries to monologue.

It is in one of those fits that he manages to stumble over a backpack left on the ground. Deciding that the ground there is more comfortable, he stays there for a while, face down in the dirt.

Vhaidara
2007-08-06, 03:26 PM
Don't worry. Camp's not that bad.

(If I actually get the baner, I'm going to go into a laughing coma.)

Exachix
2007-08-06, 03:28 PM
The little fox nodds faintly.

Vhaidara
2007-08-06, 03:31 PM
Can't you talk?

InaVegt
2007-08-06, 03:42 PM
Little Gezina walks towards the fox and mysteriously transforms into a pitch black fox.

The bloodline of the vulpine mystery knows how to transform into a fox.

Castaras
2007-08-06, 03:43 PM
The beholder floats out of her cave, over to where Bookboy is.

Hello.

Exachix
2007-08-06, 03:45 PM
The fox looks at the black fox and edges back, before looking to the beholder, and then Bookboy.

"I.. I can."

Vespe Ratavo
2007-08-06, 03:46 PM
Vespe comes out of his cabin. He walks over to the beholder.
Oooh. A beholder. Neat. What's your name?

Vhaidara
2007-08-06, 03:56 PM
Hey, everyone. Don't worry, little guy. It's her first time at camp to.
Turning to the black fox, he adds in a whisper.
Don't try and sneak up on Alara, the seven year old. I gave her an LED flashlight that can blind people. Something tells me that wouldn't be good for your health.

Castaras
2007-08-06, 03:57 PM
The beholder turns to Vespe.

My name is unpronounceable in your tongue. Who would you be?

Exachix
2007-08-06, 04:00 PM
The Little fox comes out from under the bench and looks up at people, taking slight interest at the beholder, having never seen one before, but looks around at others with equal curiosity.

InaVegt
2007-08-06, 04:00 PM
Light? I hate light, it hurts, it burns, it destroys, it's evil.

Little Gezina says this as though it's the most normal thing in the world.

Exachix
2007-08-06, 04:23 PM
The Little fox looks at Gez and shakes it's head.

Ink
2007-08-06, 05:09 PM
A black car with tinted windows pulls up at the camp ground. A well-dressed couple steps out and behind them a girl with curly brown hair emerges from the passenger seat.

"MumMEEE!! I said I don't WANT to go to camp! I don't, I DON'T!!"

The girl stamps her foot on the ground.

"But sweetheart, it's only for a few days. I'm sure you'll love it here."

"I WON'T! I HATE it! I'll get all dirty and sweaty and gross! The kids here are all weird! I want my big comfy bed! I want to go home NOW!!"

"Sweetie, be a good girl and join the camp and Mummy will get you that pony you always wanted, ok?"

"Really? A real pony? Hmph, FINE! But that pony better be there when I get back!!"

The little girl picks up her backpack and walks into camp, sulking.

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-06, 05:30 PM
Before it gets too late to do so I'd like to sign up for this.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-08-06, 05:36 PM
I'm Vespe. Nice to meet you Unpronounceable In Your Tongue. Can I just call you Unpronounceable for short? :smallconfused:

Pwenet
2007-08-06, 07:36 PM
A economy car pulls up, and a man and woman get out. They are dressed casually, and the father opens up the back door and pulls out a young kid.

"Alright son, time to learn how to be a man."

"But Daddy, I don't want to be here? I miss my cat, my computer, my friends. Why are you doing this?"

"Your mother and I are taking a long weekend by ourselves. You will be fine. Here is your bag."

The father tosses a backpack at the kid, which the kid catches, and the father and mother get back in the car and leave, leaving the kid behind. He blinks, and sighs with relief.

"At least he let me pack my OWN bag this year."

He reaches in and pulls out a fancy looking laptop, dusts it off and replaces it before walking down to find a place to stay.

Vhaidara
2007-08-06, 07:49 PM
Bookboy walks over to the kid with the laptop.
Looks like I'm not the only one that decided to back smart. But I brought something for you.
He pulls a cat out of a special part of his backpack that you can breathe in.
Take it, before...before...ACHOOOO. My alergies.

Pwenet
2007-08-06, 07:52 PM
"That is not my kitty. I WANT CHOMPERS!"

Then Bookboy sneezes all over Pwenet.

"Ewwww. Your Gross. Get away from me!"

The kid runs away from Bookboy.

Alarra
2007-08-06, 07:53 PM
"Ooooh...a kitty!" Alarra runs over, scoops up the kitty and scampers off to pet and love her.

Krursk
2007-08-06, 07:53 PM
Krursk walks in on the random conversation. Lets make his speech... blue Hey guys, won't camp be awesome. We're going to do so many fun activities
In the background vaguely threatening noises are made, which Krursk remains unaware of

Vespe Ratavo
2007-08-06, 07:57 PM
Vespe walks over to Alarra.
You look familiar....what's your name?

Vhaidara
2007-08-06, 07:59 PM
Bookboy heads over to Vespe, and hands him a backpack. He also gives one to Alarra
Infinite space backpacks. Trust me, you'll want it. Best part is that no matter what's in it, it'll only way 5 pounds.

Alarra
2007-08-06, 08:06 PM
"Oh thanks!" Alarra smiles at Bookboy, puts her light in the bag and puts it on her back. Maybe camp won't be so bad after all.

She turns to Vespe. "Oh, um....I'm Alarra." She smiles shyly.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-08-06, 08:15 PM
Alarra...hmm...never mind. Anyway, I'm Vespe.
He looks at Bookboy.
Oooh. Thanks.

Vhaidara
2007-08-06, 08:16 PM
No problem. I'm giving them to everyone.

Pwenet
2007-08-06, 08:18 PM
Safe for a few minutes, the little boy sniffles and wipes his nose, trying to keep the tears out. Opening up his laptop, he hits the on button.

Nothing happens.

Then the little boy remembers that he forgot to recharge it. Digging around his bag, he can't find the charger!

Looking up at the boy he screamed at, he sighs and slinks back to him.

"Excuse me. I'm sorry, I'm scared. And I forgot to charge my laptop before leaving, you have a charger?"

Raiser Blade
2007-08-06, 08:51 PM
An aeorplane flies over the camp ground and a few minutes later a strange looking man floats towards the camp on a parachute.

Once he gets close enough to do so he promptly snags his chute on a tree and is left hanging about ten feet off the ground.

"Hey kids i'm 'counselor' super adventure Mike. We are going to have a great camp this year, with plenty of super adventure for everyone. Now could one of you nice kiddies get me down."

While speaking he seems to have *Pointed at bookboy

Vespe Ratavo
2007-08-06, 09:05 PM
Vespe walks off towards his cabin, not having noticed Super Adventure Mike.

He starts trapping his part of his cabin with a gender switcher laser.

This should keep people away from my stuff...'cept for real weirdoes.

Vhaidara
2007-08-06, 09:06 PM
(Jerk. I'm trying to help. I swear, if I get baner, don't expect to hear from me. I'll be in a laughing coma.)

Here you go. And here's your backpack with infinite space.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-06, 09:22 PM
Andre snaps to consciousness, and sits upright. The various medical equipment goes flying, and something makes the tinkle sound of breaking glass.

"We're doomed. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom) We're all going to die, on by one." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_%28disambiguation%29)

He stands up, and surveys the damage.

"Why does my face hurt?" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodgeball)

Oblivious to the lingering oder of formaldehyde (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formaldehyde), he walks out of 'his' room (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortuary) and down the hall.

The first room on the right has the camp public address system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_address), complete with microphone.

With a smile, he takes out his ipod and puts it on random.

He grabs the microphone, keys it and says "Testing..."

Satisfied it worked, he plugs his ipod into the system which begins playing Rammstein's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rammstein) "Du Hast"...

He covertly walks out the door and across the hall into one of the science labs.

Shadow
2007-08-07, 12:46 AM
*Vespe gets hit in the head with a dodgeball*

"O'Thadow Ruleth!"

Exachix
2007-08-07, 02:25 AM
The little kit-fox wakes under the bench and looks up at those there now.

Helgraf
2007-08-07, 02:27 AM
He finally reaches the end of the chapter and begins "Three is Company," appearing deeply enthralled in the book; the scenes in the book unfolding in his young mind, drawn in by the level and attention to detail of the work.

Raiser Blade
2007-08-07, 04:53 AM
calm down it was a joke

i'm not reely pointing at you

Madmal
2007-08-07, 09:38 AM
a truck parks on the employee zone, and a young man gets off it, while picking a notepad...

Let's see.....foxes, a beholder...well, sems this could be a quite troublesome job...

He starts moving the boxes from the truck to the Mess Hall, taking some time to write a sign, and hang it on the door.

Any food alergy or rejection due to cultural habits (or others) should be informed as soon as posible, with the necessary justification.

Exachix
2007-08-07, 10:22 AM
The Little fox sees the food hall, bounds over, and looks up at the sign.

Raiser Blade
2007-08-07, 12:47 PM
Attempting to free himself 'super adventure' mike has only managed to entangle himself worse and is now hanging upside down.

"umm could someone cut me down all my blood is rushing to my head."

InaVegt
2007-08-07, 04:34 PM
Little Gezina transforms back to her normal form and walks over to the food place.

My mommy has given someone her my food, it's the red liquid in bottles, it's all I need.

Vonriel
2007-08-07, 04:35 PM
Vonriel, who had just carried off a backpack literally full of enough odds and ends to make MacGyver jealous, comes back out of the woods, the backpack empty. He sees 'Super Adventure' Mike dangling upside down from the tree, sighs, whips out a pocket knife, climbs up, and starts to free him.

Flying Elephant
2007-08-07, 05:11 PM
Flying Elephant gets ready to catch "super adventure" Mike when he falls.

Pwenet
2007-08-07, 05:26 PM
Pwenet thanks Bookboy before wandering around, and sees Super Adventure Mike in the tree.

He pulls out a digital camera and starts taking pictures. Thankfully this piece of technology was still fully charged.

Vhaidara
2007-08-07, 05:30 PM
Bookboy shoots an arrow right through the rope.