PDA

View Full Version : Getting Turning/Rebuking From Feats

The_Iron_Lord
2017-04-15, 08:44 PM
Hello All!

I've heard, while performing my usual lurking activities, that there are feat chains from Dragon that can give you turning/rebuking, independent of class. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me where to find these feats...

Thanks!:smallbiggrin:

TheCorsairMalac
2017-04-16, 01:08 AM
The Player's Guide to Faerun has a feat called Initiate of Nature that allows a druid to turn/rebuke animals.

Dagroth
2017-04-16, 01:20 AM
Hello All!

I've heard, while performing my usual lurking activities, that there are feat chains from Dragon that can give you turning/rebuking, independent of class. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me where to find these feats...

Thanks!:smallbiggrin:

There are a few different Feats that give you the Granted Power of a Domain... but none that I know of that will give you Turn Undead, Rebuke Dragons or Channel Incarnum (the only forms of turn/rebuke that can be used to fuel Divine Feats).

thoroughlyS
2017-04-16, 01:23 AM
Divine Channeler (Dragon 305 p.42) gives you Turn/Rebuke Undead 1/Day as a Cleric of 1/2 character level. It requires God Touched (same article), which is a really lame feat tax in the same vein as Disciple of Darkness, Favored of the Companions, Knight of Stars, Servant of the Heavens, or Thrall to Demon.

Dagroth
2017-04-16, 01:27 AM
Divine Channeler (Dragon 305 p.42) gives you Turn Undead 1/Day as a Cleric of 1/2 character level. It requires God Touched (same article), which is a really lame feat tax in the same vein as Disciple of Darkness, Favored of the Companions, Knight of Stars, Servant of the Heavens, or Thrall to Demon.

Only 1/day? Huh... too bad it won't help my ultimate turning build since you can easily get Turn Undead with Sacred Exorcist.

If it would give either Rebuke Dragons or Channel Incarnum, it would be totally worth it.

You get one of the above with Cleric 1, the other with the feat and then Turn Undead with Sacred Exorcist. Then Extra Turning affects all three turning pools.

thoroughlyS
2017-04-16, 01:32 AM
It gives turn or rebuke, based on what patron diety you choose for God Touched.

Dagroth
2017-04-16, 01:36 AM
It gives turn or rebuke, based on what patron diety you choose for God Touched.

Sadly, doesn't help for RAW Extra Turning. If you have both Turn & Rebuke Undead, Extra Turning only adds to one of them.

sleepyphoenixx
2017-04-16, 01:39 AM
It's not a feat, but you can get standard turning as a 10th level cleric by wearing a Shroudcrown (PGtF). It's pretty expensive though at 113,600gp.

Troacctid
2017-04-16, 02:16 AM
Kin Mastery gives you the ability to turn or rebuke the type of ancestor that provided your Bloodline feat 1/day; with Necromantic Bloodline, that's undead. It is not class-agnostic, however—you must have 3rd level arcane spells, and you must be a spontaneous caster.

Gildedragon
2017-04-16, 01:09 PM
Have enough ranks in Bluff and go "Look over there! Is that Vecna?" and you'll have made undead turn.
Close enough, right? ;)

Karl Aegis
2017-04-16, 01:33 PM
Monks can trade their 1st and 6th level bonus feats for Smite Evil, Turn Undead and Aura of Courage as a Paladin (Dragon Magazine #310). It's like trading feats for turn undead, in a way.

Dagroth
2017-04-16, 06:02 PM
Monks can trade their 1st and 6th level bonus feats for Smite Evil, Turn Undead and Aura of Courage as a Paladin (Dragon Magazine #310). It's like trading feats for turn undead, in a way.

Hmm... then they can get Travel Devotion for their 3rd level Feat and, having a high Wis, have a fair number of uses of it.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-04-16, 08:33 PM
Hmm... then they can get Travel Devotion for their 3rd level Feat and, having a high Wis, have a fair number of uses of it.
Too bad turns/day is based off Cha. Still, you don't need that many uses for Travel Devotion. 1 use from the feat, ~1-2 uses from your 3+Cha, and ~1 use from a Reliquary Holy Symbol ought to be plenty. Though a Monk can always just dip Cleric. It's impressive how many Monk problems a (Cloistered) Cleric dip solves.