PDA

View Full Version : Spheres of Power and the Kineticist

Dr_Dinosaur
2017-04-15, 09:25 PM
Apologies if one of the AMAs has touched on this, but while anyone can be a competent blaster with Destruction, the Avant Guard archetype for the Kineticist calls to the Jojo fan in me. So is there any official (or even just good homebrew) word on how to adapt the Kineticist to Spheres of Power?

Mehangel
2017-04-15, 09:57 PM
Simple answer, Elementalist (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/elementalist), casting tradition should include Draining Casting, +1 general drawback of your choice, and the Fortified Casting boon.

Dr_Dinosaur
2017-04-15, 10:55 PM
Simple answer, Elementalist (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/elementalist), casting tradition should include Draining Casting, +1 general drawback of your choice, and the Fortified Casting boon.

How would you go about converting the Kineticist's archetypes to the Elementalist?

digiman619
2017-04-15, 11:28 PM
I asked about this once, and here's what the makers said.

Quick question: Is it possible to take Powerful Telekinesis multiple times?

EDIT: Also, looking through my PDFs and the wiki, most classes have some sort of Sphere archetype, but here's a list of classes without spheres archetypes: Barbarian/Unchained Barbarian
Brawler
Cavalier
Kineticist
Medium
Mesmerist
Occultist
Psychic
Slayer
Spiritualist
Vigilante

The Swashbuckler has one in the War playtest, and the Antipaladin and Cavalier and Ninja have alternate classes that have SoP archetypes that could be shifted a bit to fit. Any I missed? If so, where can I find them?

Medium has one in divination. Barbarian will in mind. Vigilante has a bunch of SoP options in vigilantes of skybourne and one in conjuration, which isn't to playtest yet.

Kineticist will never get one I expect. No point. Same with mesmerist, too much like an existing SoP class (elementalist and elicited, respectively).

Seriously, multiple people tried to write an archetype for the Kineticist and it always resulted as the Elementalist. As for the Mesmerist, I actually believe, it possesses enough of a difference from the Eliciter, that it could warrant a sphere conversion.

Also, what is the Avant Guard? it's not on the PFSRD, so I can't help you make a conversion ntil I know what it does.

khadgar567
2017-04-16, 12:25 AM
I asked about this once, and here's what the makers said.

Also, what is the Avant Guard? it's not on the PFSRD, so I can't help you make a conversion ntil I know what it does.
dreamscared press kineticts arctype sphere.

digiman619
2017-04-16, 12:57 AM
dreamscared press kineticts arctype sphere.

The only Kineticist archetype that DSP made (at least as far as the PFSRD tells me) is the Roil Dancer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/kineticist/archetypes/dreamscarred-press-kineticist-archetypes/roil-dancer/). If there's one I missed, please link me it and I'll gladly help you make a conversion.

Dr_Dinosaur
2017-04-16, 02:25 AM
The only Kineticist archetype that DSP made (at least as far as the PFSRD tells me) is the Roil Dancer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/kineticist/archetypes/dreamscarred-press-kineticist-archetypes/roil-dancer/). If there's one I missed, please link me it and I'll gladly help you make a conversion.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?472513-Dreamscarred-Press-Psionics-Augmented-Occult

digiman619
2017-04-16, 04:35 AM
Well, you can take the Conjuration Sphere rather than the Magnum Opus, and you don't have to worry about burn dealing damage to you. I don't have anything to replicate Stand Together or Never Outnumbered, though.

Dr_Dinosaur
2017-04-16, 10:08 AM
Well, you can take the Conjuration Sphere rather than the Magnum Opus, and you don't have to worry about burn dealing damage to you. I don't have anything to replicate Stand Together or Never Outnumbered, though.
That really won't replicate the archetype then. I guess vanilla Kineticist is just going to have to coexist with Elementalist in our games until I can bash something together myself.

Manyasone
2017-04-16, 10:18 AM
Or, alternatively, completely disregard the kineticist for the sh*t it is and just use the elementalist and SoP

stack
2017-04-16, 02:55 PM
Or, alternatively, completely disregard the kineticist for the sh*t it is and just use the elementalist and SoP

He has a specific 3pp archetype he likes. I hear that there is a lot of 3pp stuff that makes the kineticist better. While I don't see trying to adapt those archetypes to the elementalist, I can understand the interest in them.

OP - If if you homebrew something, post a link. I'd be happy to give it a read.

Manyasone
2017-04-16, 06:19 PM
He has a specific 3pp archetype he likes. I hear that there is a lot of 3pp stuff that makes the kineticist better. While I don't see trying to adapt those archetypes to the elementalist, I can understand the interest in them.

OP - If if you homebrew something, post a link. I'd be happy to give it a read.

I'm aware of this, stack. Earlier threads I specifically called out njolly his kineticist of porphyra material. This does indeed make it more interesting. However this does not make the class better. You still work with what paizo gave you. I'm frankly becoming more disillusioned by them. Reason why I backed SoM