PDA

View Full Version : Golem varients

The-0-Endless
2017-04-16, 02:01 PM
A friend wants to try something for a oneshot, and would like to know the specifics of it. We made a bone golem from one ogre and a flesh golem from another. We awakened the flesh golem, and stuffed the bone one inside it as a skeleton, with orders to enhance the movement of the flesh golem. Would we add the stats and abilities together?

Also: an iron golem made of smaller iron golems?

a flesh golem made of cloakers?

Erys
2017-04-16, 02:12 PM
A friend wants to try something for a oneshot, and would like to know the specifics of it. We made a bone golem from one ogre and a flesh golem from another. We awakened the flesh golem, and stuffed the bone one inside it as a skeleton, with orders to enhance the movement of the flesh golem. Would we add the stats and abilities together?

Also: an iron golem made of smaller iron golems?

a flesh golem made of cloakers?

Completely up to your DM.

If it were me, I would have each Golem simply house the one underneath, so that- if the Iron Golem was defeated and broken, the flesh Golem rips out of the armor and continues its assault. Then its Bones erupt yet again when you think you have won.

I wouldn't allow Iron out of Iron. And as for Cloakers, dead is dead. They would not add any benefits past cosmetic.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-04-16, 02:42 PM
If it were me, I would have each Golem simply house the one underneath, so that- if the Iron Golem was defeated and broken, the flesh Golem rips out of the armor and continues its assault. Then its Bones erupt yet again when you think you have won.

Angry wrote some variant rules (http://theangrygm.com/return-of-the-son-of-the-dd-boss-fight-now-in-5e/) that would be perfect for this.

And as for Cloakers, dead is dead. They would not add any benefits past cosmetic.

If you were going to expand the range of golems available, a stealth golem made from cloaker and displacer beast hides would be pretty cool.

Giant2005
2017-04-17, 12:43 AM
The Golemancy book in my signature has rules for both of those occasions.
You can make golems which are designed to be used as exoskeletons (which is essentially what the flesh golem would be doing for the bone golem). You can also make gestalt golems which are golems composed of several smaller golems, Voltron-style.