PDA

View Full Version : ...Well.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-29, 12:20 PM
Not entirely sure how to react to this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxWgRY1I_SI)

Narmoth
2007-07-29, 12:52 PM
Well, I had a good laugh. :smallsmile:

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-29, 12:58 PM
Well, I had a good laugh. :smallsmile:

Part of it, yes, but...I dunno. Feels like there should be some disgust in there. "Secret hacker website"? 4chan? SECRET?

...And actually thinking that Anon is dangerous.

Syka
2007-07-29, 01:01 PM
So I'm assuming this Anonymous thing is a joke site? That it doesn't actually exist or, if it does, doesn't do that stuff? *probably more confused than she should be* I should probably wiki or google it, shouldn't I?

Cheers,
Syka

Sean92k
2007-07-29, 01:05 PM
So I'm assuming this Anonymous thing is a joke site? That it doesn't actually exist or, if it does, doesn't do that stuff? *probably more confused than she should be* I should probably wiki or google it, shouldn't I?

Cheers,
Syka

I just did. Theres nothing on google and wikipedia points you to that video

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-29, 01:14 PM
It's 4chan. Google that. Wait, don't google it :smalltongue:. Look it up on Wikipedia.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-29, 01:18 PM
And if you do google it, and enter the site, do not under any circumstance click on /b/-Random.

At the risk of your mental health.

Azrael
2007-07-29, 01:25 PM
Anon is the singular noun referring collectively to the posters on 4Chan. Don't google it. Wikipedia it.

Narmoth
2007-07-29, 01:32 PM
There was a movie on the telly not long ago where a kid was influenced to kill people in a village by a computer game. No, it wasn't a horror film, it was a detective story!
There's just some people who try to make cash on sertain other peoples ignorance. There's no way to battle this, just ignore it.

Sean92k
2007-07-29, 01:36 PM
I sense a disturbance in the force. As if someone just described a Mathew broderick movie

Flabbicus
2007-07-29, 01:38 PM
I sense a disturbance in the force. As if someone just described a Mathew broderick movie

You mean War Games?

"Learn dammit!"

Sean92k
2007-07-29, 01:40 PM
You mean War Games?

"Learn dammit!"As was implied. Yes

Flabbicus
2007-07-29, 01:53 PM
As was implied. Yes

Y'know, since its the only Matthew Broderick film I can remember involving him and a computer.

I was wondering when a thread about the whole "Anonymous" thing would pop up. Hopefully people won't take this seriously.

Hoggy
2007-07-29, 01:54 PM
Ah, Anonymous. I saw that vid a few days ago, and chuckled.

Mainly at the "Lulz is a corruption of L.O.L" bit, which sounds funny.

Can someone American who might know this stuff tell me if the bomb threat thing is actually true though? :smallconfused: Seems a bit OTT to be feasible to me.

Pyrian
2007-07-29, 02:02 PM
There's a reason we call it Faux News.

Syka
2007-07-29, 02:06 PM
I remember the bomb hoax. Heh, it was pretty big news if I'm remembering correctly.

Cheers,
Syka

Arang
2007-07-29, 05:07 PM
There's something about a grown man saying "truly epic lulz" in full seriousness that gets me every time.

Flabbicus
2007-07-29, 05:07 PM
I've heard that the guy never had a girlfriend, and asked the users on 4chan to mess with some girl who didn't reciprocate his feelings.

But that's just what I've heard.

Amotis
2007-07-29, 05:09 PM
Rule 1 and 2. Remove that link.

WhatIsGravity
2007-07-29, 05:37 PM
Apparently that family has no common sense.

They are afraid of Anonymous. Anonymous won't be anonymous anymore when he comes out from his house, thus losing all his power.

Summary:
Anonymous without his computer = nothing. :smallsmile:

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-07-29, 06:12 PM
Whether it's a hoax or not, it's still rather disturbing. Nor are terroritst bomb threats on hundreds of thousands anything to laugh at.

Chaos Perfected
2007-07-29, 06:22 PM
The bomb threat was a singular person who broke away from the legion of Anon and tried to bring glory to himself. He was arrested. Anon claims no part in the bomb threat, but it was lulz that he got arrested.

And if that was his girlfriends best reason for leaving, she was looking for a way out. >>

Amotis
2007-07-29, 06:28 PM
Don't mess with football.

SurlySeraph
2007-07-29, 07:18 PM
Well, 4chan IS where 72% of evil thoughts in the United States are manufactured, but the /b/tards are on the whole a bit too reclusive and physically scrawny to causing any physical harm to anyone.

ForzaFiori
2007-07-29, 07:22 PM
Well, 4chan IS where 72% of evil thoughts in the United States are manufactured, but the /b/tards are on the whole a bit too reclusive and physically scrawny to causing any physical harm to anyone.

oh no no no.
much less than 72%, as your forgetting the evil thoughts of TOTSE and its Militia.

Cyrano
2007-07-29, 07:33 PM
I'm pretty sure I make a healthy percent or so, and I don't even LIVE in america.

reorith
2007-07-29, 07:35 PM
sage!

oh wait wrong website

tannish2
2007-07-29, 07:50 PM
wait wait wait...... fox investigates?.... well as the most reliable, honest, and objective news network in the world fox news must have everything perfect and right, and terrorist threats ARE something to laugh at(or be pissed at), especially if their serious, it takes all the terrorness out of it making it less dangerous

Cyrano
2007-07-29, 08:17 PM
wait wait wait...... fox investigates?.... well as the most reliable, honest, and objective news network in the world fox news must have everything perfect and right, and terrorist threats ARE something to laugh at(or be pissed at), especially if their serious, it takes all the terrorness out of it making it less dangerous

YOu know, sarcasm works much better when you don't mix two completely opposite viewpoints. Because it kinda sounds like you can't make up your mind, and/or are nuts.

Pink
2007-07-29, 08:36 PM
There's something about a grown man saying "truly epic lulz" in full seriousness that gets me every time.

Seconded. On that note...It seems it is true that American News seems to have some motive at making the populace paranoid. Anonymous is gonna bomb you!

Pyrian
2007-07-29, 08:40 PM
It seems it is true that American News seems to have some motive at making the populace paranoid.Basic sensationalism.

SurlySeraph
2007-07-29, 08:53 PM
No, they're just redirecting our existing paranoia. Americans have had a tradition of being insanely paranoid for at least 150 years (See: the entire Cold War, the Red Scare, every immigration scare since the Chinese, the Spanish-American war...). If not for the media telling us to fear hackers, child predators using Myspace, sharks, killer bees, etc., we'd be off claiming that the government arranged 9/11, or that the stock market is rigged by the corporations to harm small investors, or that all people whose language is written using squiggly lines want to kill us. Wait a minute...

Pyrian
2007-07-29, 10:29 PM
...we'd be off claiming that the government arranged 9/11...My understanding is that that particular bit of silliness started in France.

Missing Shoe
2007-07-30, 07:59 AM
...Wow. Fox news has hit a new low. The corruption of 'lol'? Random truck explosions throughout the segment? I feel sorry for anyone whose parents actually believed that story.

If not for the media telling us to fear hackers, child predators using Myspace, sharks, killer bees, etc., Who gets killed by bees? Now flying horses that's scary ****. [/dane cook]

Rule 1 and 2. Remove that link.Seems like a lot of people have been breaking the rules. There's a surprising number of btards on this forum... You'll all seemed so sweet and innocent too. *sniff*

But hey, those sites arent all bad. Do not forget Caturdays. Without that we wouldnt have lolz cats.

reorith
2007-07-30, 10:06 AM
lolcats really aren't that great. literathursday is way cooler than caturday.

blackout
2007-07-30, 01:43 PM
A simple corruption is in order to display just how funny I find this.

Lulz.

TSGames
2007-07-30, 11:24 PM
Seconded. On that note...It seems it is true that American News seems to have some motive at making the populace paranoid. Anonymous is gonna bomb you!

It's simple economics, really.

Phase I- Make Americans paranoid.
Phase II- ???
Phase III- Profit

Hell Puppi
2007-07-30, 11:39 PM
Heh.... 'internet hate machine'.....

13_CBS
2007-07-30, 11:52 PM
I'm not very familiar with 4chan stuff, so let me get this straight...

Anonymous is a group of pranksters who reside in the realm of 4chan. They hack into websites, mass invade others, and generally cause mischief. Fox News has decided to exaggerate that and has made Anonymous into some sort of terrorist group.

...and my older bro believes Fox so much too...

ForzaFiori
2007-07-30, 11:53 PM
I'm not very familiar with 4chan stuff, so let me get this straight...

Anonymous is a group of pranksters who reside in the realm of 4chan. They hack into websites, mass invade others, and generally cause mischief. Fox News has decided to exaggerate that and has made Anonymous into some sort of terrorist group.

...and my older bro believes Fox so much too...

exactly.

though i do wonder why TOTSE's militia isn't getting news coverage if Anon is.

TSGames
2007-07-31, 12:11 AM
exactly.

though i do wonder why TOTSE's militia isn't getting news coverage if Anon is.

Or why the genocide in the Sudan isn't being covered. American news is garbage all around.

SurlySeraph
2007-07-31, 05:53 PM
^ Hey, CNN's good! Other than that... well, Fox is Fox and MSNBC is rapidly turning into an "All celebrities, all the time" news channel. C-SPAN is great, but no one has the time or boredom tolerance to watch it regularly. At least we have Jon Stewart.

zeratul
2007-07-31, 05:58 PM
^ Hey, CNN's good! Other than that... well, Fox is Fox and MSNBC is rapidly turning into an "All celebrities, all the time" news channel. C-SPAN is great, but no one has the time or boredom tolerance to watch it regularly. At least we have Jon Stewart.

Thank god for him. Jonny Stue proving that fake news nowadays is more real than the real news.

Syka
2007-07-31, 06:04 PM
And sadly, viewers of The Daily Show/Colbert Report were more informed than those of either FOX, MSNBC, or CNN. I saw the stats somewhere...I'm sure I could dig them up.

At least the Daily Show makes it interesting while giving you actual information...

Cheers,
Syka

Cyrano
2007-07-31, 06:21 PM
Fox, CNN, etc. give you: Celebrity information, fires and other such catastrophes, political informations.

Daily Show gives you: foreign news

Colbert Report gives you: warnings about bears, literacy classes.

One must watch all three to get a blaanced report.

krikitarmy
2007-07-31, 07:03 PM
Guys, this isn't the Fox News Channel. This is just Fox. You know, the guys who bring you 24, Family Guy, The Simpsons, etc. They have a news station too. Except theirs is local for where ever you live. This isn't the big evil "Faux News" it's a small local station who decided to overhype something to bring in ratings. Yeah, it's ridiculous, but it's not the usual evil Fox. It's an entirely different evil Fox.

Cyrano
2007-07-31, 07:13 PM
Any channel that gives news is a news channel in my book.

krikitarmy
2007-07-31, 07:19 PM
You could call it a news channel. But there are two different channels. One is the Fox News Channel. The other is Fox broadcasting. Fox News is always Fox News. Fox broadcasting sometimes has news, but more often has TV shows like the ones I mentioned previously. They're two entierly seperate channels.

Cyrano
2007-07-31, 07:21 PM
TECHNICALLY. However, they are owned by the same person and do the same stuff. It's just so they can have 48 hours of broadcastin' time per day.

tannish2
2007-08-01, 01:20 AM
YOu know, sarcasm works much better when you don't mix two completely opposite viewpoints. Because it kinda sounds like you can't make up your mind, and/or are nuts.

im a very opinionated person.
QUOTE=SurlySeraph;2955571]No, they're just redirecting our existing paranoia. Americans have had a tradition of being insanely paranoid for at least 150 years (See: the entire Cold War, the Red Scare, every immigration scare since the Chinese, the Spanish-American war...). If not for the media telling us to fear hackers, child predators using Myspace, sharks, killer bees, etc., we'd be off claiming that the government arranged 9/11, or that the stock market is rigged by the corporations to harm small investors, or that all people whose language is written using squiggly lines want to kill us. Wait a minute...[/QUOTE]

o and to the other person its
phase 1: scare people
phase 2: it was made by the vice president, so it is classified
all phases after 2: see: number 2

o and to get complete news (@least in america)watch: newshour, BBC world, daily show, colbert report, and old episodes of mad TV, its not perfect, and all but an hour of it is boring, but its the best we can do

Jibar
2007-08-01, 02:59 PM
Funny thing is I watch this and the first thing that comes to my head is "Americans call this news"
Seriously. They're using words flying across the screen. It looks like a 10 year old with Flash.

Cyrano
2007-08-01, 03:02 PM
Funny thing is I watch this and the first thing that comes to my head is "Americans call this news"
Seriously. They're using words flying across the screen. It looks like a 10 year old with Flash.

Actually, even americans hate that.
Some of em, at any rate.

RationalGoblin
2007-08-02, 11:11 PM
This is relevant. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFjU8bZR19A)

Earthstar_Fungus
2007-08-03, 07:17 PM
You know, when I was watching that second video, I kept expecting something to jump out at me. Creepy, no?