PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Patchwork Creation-Race

JNAProductions
2017-04-17, 12:31 AM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/064/5/0/commission__human_discord_by_jadenkaiba-d4rsmpi.jpg

Ability Score Increase As a Patchwork Creation, you have an exceptionally hardy body, increasing your Constitution by 2.

Age Patchwork Creations tend to either be nigh-immortal, or die very, very young. Let's hope for the former.

Alignment Patchwork Creations typically either mimic their creator's alignment, or have the exact opposite alignment out of spite.

Size Patchwork Creations, being built from larger creations, typically stand rather tall, anywhere from 5'6" to nearly 7' tall. Your size is medium.

Speed Your base land speed is 30'.

Darkvision Let's face it, most creatures can see in the dark. You probably got their eyes. You can see in the dark for up to 60'.

Complex Biology Your biology is just plain weird. As such, you have resistance to poison damage, advantage on saves against poison, and advantage on saves against diseases.

Languages You begin play speaking Common and any one other language of your choice-typically an uncommon language used by your creator.

Subraces Patchwork Creations come in several flavors. Taste them all!

Fey

Ability Score Increase Intelligence +1

Fey Ancestry As the PHB trait.

Keen Senses Perception proficiency.

Earthy

Ability Score Increase Wisdom +1

Natural Strength You gain one additional HP per level.

The Ground Is My Home If you are on solid ground, you may, as a reaction, reduce any forced movement you take by a number of feet equal to your highest physical ability modifier.

Radiant

Ability Score Increase Charisma +1

Light The Path You may use the Light cantrip at-will. Once per long rest, you may also use the Daylight spell.

People Person You've learned to talk in a manner that belies your unnerving appearance. You gain proficiency in Persuasion.

Potato_Priest
2017-04-17, 12:58 AM
Ability Score Improvement
Increase your Strength or Dexterity by 1

Already cold
Others may feel the misery of cold and frost, but to these you are impassive. You do not suffer the effects of extreme cold.

Inhuman guts
Your food is not that of man. You do not destroy the lamb and the kid to glut your appetite; acorns and berries afford you sufficient nourishment. You can eat nonvenemous but nonedible leaves and roots and treat them as food. Because of this, when you make a foraging check, you can choose to automatically succeed, but no creature other than you can gain any benefit from consuming the resulting rations.

Great work! I like it and it seems balanced. I particularly appreciate your quip about darkvision.

Crisis21
2017-04-17, 01:20 AM
I'd say, due to the nature of the race, that you offer a selection of other racial abilities and have the player pick two (or three, whatever). At least as one of the subraces. Have the player explain the selection as certain parts of their body (i.e. they have claws as natural weapons... from the werewolf/catfolk hands and forearms)

For example:

Mix-And-Match

Ability Score Increase: +1 to any Ability Score besides CON

Racial Traits: Pick any two racial traits from races that exist in your campaign world. Explain which body parts used in your creation give you these traits.