PDA

View Full Version : Kaorti character

Yklikt
2017-04-17, 07:46 AM
This is what I am making, don't know if I will have a resin suit at first. How can I stop the Material Plane harming me?

Venger
2017-04-17, 08:31 AM
This is what I am making, don't know if I will have a resin suit at first. How can I stop the Material Plane harming me?

what level are you starting at? if you're playing a kaorti, you've got to be at least ecl 4, so you can easily just buy one if your gm won't allow you to just make one with your own resin for whatever reason, they're only 250gp.

you can't, but if you're trapped here and outside your cyst, you can mitigate it with any source of fast healing such as lesser vigor, or immunity to nonlethal

Yklikt
2017-04-17, 09:27 AM
you can't, but if you're trapped here and outside your cyst, you can mitigate it with any source of fast healing such as lesser vigor, or immunity to nonlethal

What ways can I get that? I think lesser vigor is off the table.

Venger
2017-04-17, 09:44 AM
What ways can I get that? I think lesser vigor is off the table.

what level are you starting at?

why is lesser vigor not allowable? does your gm ban random sources, or is there just no one in your party with umd or cleric list access?

Yklikt
2017-04-17, 09:53 AM
what level are you starting at?

why is lesser vigor not allowable? does your gm ban random sources, or is there just no one in your party with umd or cleric list access?

Starting at level 3. Cleric is new, doesn't know about vigor. Also that would be a waste of spells.

Venger
2017-04-17, 10:49 AM
Starting at level 3. Cleric is new, doesn't know about vigor. Also that would be a waste of spells.

how are you starting at level 3? a kaorti is la2 and has 2RHD. is your game allowing buyoff?

you can always teach him about the spells. while it's not a viable longterm strategy, it is something good to know about for gameplay in general.

if you're at low levels, most of the ways of getting fast healing aren't viable, and since you're an outsider, you can't use the shriver for regeneration.

Inevitability
2017-04-17, 02:53 PM
if you're at low levels, most of the ways of getting fast healing aren't viable, and since you're an outsider, you can't use the shriver for regeneration.

Take Human Heritage (for once, it actually fits the fluff), then go to the shriver? :smalltongue:

If your GM is particularly cheese-tolerant, create an incredibly specialized build that easily beats the shriver, then say in your backstory you lost all of your levels after a few bad decisions involving liquor and succubi.

Venger
2017-04-17, 03:20 PM
Take Human Heritage (for once, it actually fits the fluff), then go to the shriver? :smalltongue:

If your GM is particularly cheese-tolerant, create an incredibly specialized build that easily beats the shriver, then say in your backstory you lost all of your levels after a few bad decisions involving liquor and succubi.

While that's certainly viable, wbl still means you won't be likely to visit the shriver til much later than level 3.

since he's playing as a kaorti, that might be a possibiilty.

ShurikVch
2017-04-18, 04:29 AM
Note: "Ecology of the Kaorti" article (Dragon #358) mentioned a Green Rapture poison/drug, which can (at failed save) turn Humanoid into Kaorti; cost is 300 gp/dose.
So, how about to start as some Humanoid, buy a dose of Green Rapture, voluntary fail a save, and turn into Kaorti?