PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Ways to gain more cleric spells/day?

Matrota
2017-04-17, 12:02 PM
I'm playing a lesser aasimar cleric in a D&D 3.5e campaign, and I'm looking to better optimize her. As a debuffer, I took the domain spontaneity feat from CD to be able to spontaneously cast spells from my hatred domain, but I'm looking for ways to increase my spells/day so I can do that more often. I currently have turn undead 14/day due to feats and items. I'm a 5th level cleric with 20 wisdom and 18 charisma. Any suggestions?

xkroku
2017-04-17, 07:02 PM
There are several ways to it, most of them are pretty obvious:
-Pump up your Wisdom
-Buy some Pearls of Power
-Buy wands or scrolls of your most used spells
-You may be even be able to get an eternal wand or ideally a custom-made at-will Wondrous Item of favourite spell! (Depends highly on your DM tough)
-Ask your GM of he would allow a divine variant of Ring of Wizardry
-Item Familiar among others can give you a bonus spell slot (veeery cheesy tough)
-There's a feat Extra Slot that grants you extra spell slot of level up to one lower than your max
-If you need lower-level slots take a look at the Triadspell spell
-Get some levels of Wizard, then Theurge and take the feat Alternative Source Spell, which lets you prepare arcane spells as divine and dibine as arcame for a cost of 1 CL
-If considering the Wizard route, there is a feat Arcane Manipulation, which lets you break up 3 spells into lower levels (3rd level into 3 1st level for example)
-There is a place called Dragon's Blood Pool (details in Complete Mage) that grants anyone who drinks from it a spell slot up to level 3 for a year

GilesTheCleric
2017-04-17, 07:07 PM
You could consider in addition to the list above things like Sovereign Speaker or Echoing Spell. You won't see much benefit yet, but once you get to higher levels, preparing Summon and Planar Ally spells will effectively give you more spells as well.

Do you find yourself running out of spells? If so, you might also find it more efficient to see which spells you're casting frequently and get wands for those instead. If they're healing spells, a wand of lesser vigor/ faith healing and some Belts of Healing for everyone in the party wouldn't go amiss.