PDA

View Full Version : Best Way To Die

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-07-29, 02:26 PM
I thought it would be cool to see what was the coolest, or weidest way on of you friends/ you/ DM's BBEG died.

Mine was a TPK when the party mage used leviate, mass and the part rose up the shaft and passed through a wall of dispel magic, which screwed us all as we fell to our death (we'd just done clearing out a room of Kobolds and were kinda weak) the DM was nice though and let us start again at the bottom, spot check and a search check and the rogue found a hidden staircase. Needless to say the DM was giggleing while we were goin back up.

PlatinumJester
2007-07-29, 02:39 PM
My party member picked up a cursed sword (which he couldn't drop) and then exploded.

The I decided to try and pick it up (with a piece of cloth) but that failed so the paladin had to cut my arm off to save my life.

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-07-29, 02:41 PM
ooo... that sounds tramatizing

Storm Bringer
2007-07-29, 02:44 PM
1) With no less than 30 Drow elite warriors dead at my feet, while the rest of the party fled with a Important NPC.

2) When the spiral Staircase the party was on collapsed, dropping about 10 tons of stone on our heads. It wasn't a trap per say, the stairs were just not in good nick.

skywalker
2007-07-29, 02:49 PM
Best character death ever, a guy in my group had a dwarven ranger named Leroy(yes, yes, that Leroy) who was always willing to follow the plot arrow, grab the hook, open the door, pull the lever, etc. The party had been body-guarding a monarch through the wilderness, and had been waylaid in the night such that almost everyone was down STR, and everyone's mount but mine(Paladin) was dead. We were a day from our destination with no horses and no desire to spend another night getting stabbed in our sleep. So the STR-drained minotaur picked up everyone but the monarch and this dwarf, and they got on the horse with me. As we are crossing the plains near the city, three BBEGs come out of the treeline on horseback. The guy playing the dwarf had an affinity for alchemist's fire, and made 3-4 walls of fire between us and them(dry grassy plains.) Somehow, their mage had prepared a BUNCH of create waters, and they were able to make it through without too much trouble. Since the minotaur had a slower speed than my mount, they drew level with him first. The dwarf and I were the only ones capable of fighting due to the strength drain. So he looped his grappling hook around the minotaur's horns in an attempt to swing back and fight them off. He missed his jump check(he was famous for failing them) landed on the ground behind the cow, landsurfed for a round before they cut the rope, chopped the legs out from under one horse as he went down, then chopped the legs out from another as they surrounded and stabbed him to death. It was EPIC.

The funniest bad guy death I have is when we surrounded a monk who thought he would play it smart and grapple our cleric. As he grappled him, the cleric natural 20'd to cast in a grapple and to hit on his searing light. 5d8x2 to the face. One dead monk.

Mad Wizard
2007-07-29, 03:07 PM
Well, in one game I was running, this 4 armed gargoyle was fighting the PCs, and was close to victory (it had sundered most of their weapons, and the casters were low on spells). It decided to overrun someone to get to the casters. On the overrun attempt, I rolled a 1, the PC rolled a 20. The gargoyle fell over, got smashed by the PCs, and was slain by a critical attack of opportunity when it tried to stand up. That was nice.

Edit: Oh, there was the other time where the cleric won initiative and one shot the demon miniboss with a ranged touch spell (I forget which) before it got to do anything...

tannish2
2007-07-29, 04:02 PM
my first D&D group, second edition, party member is unconcious, were all fighters, except the thief, who was very likely a thief, we pay a 7 foot tall lady with really bad warts all over her face and green skin to take care of him until we can get help... we came back later and took a doggy bag so we could ressurect him, and just hope the cleric didnt roll a 1 and hit a chunk of potatoe with the rez, the other one would be a 13th level party taking an airship in the ebberon campaign setting, which all 10 times we had been on them before we had been attacked, even though we had a cleric who had domain spontaneity on the travel domain a psionicist with nearly 200 power points teleport and overchannel, and a wizard with teleport, shadow walk, ect, ive got some other good ones, but i dont remember them right now

PlatinumJester
2007-07-29, 04:33 PM
Best boss death was this one guy who was on the other side of a chasm that you could only reach by swinging to OR a rickety worn out rope bridge (obvious trap). My Dwarven barbarian who wore loads of armour swung across the chasm through an illusion but on the way back he hit the boss off into the chasm to his grisly demise. The last thing he saw was a 340lb dwarf coming towards him at about 120mph.

Almost as funny was that I had decided to try and jump the chasm (which was about 120ft) and I rolled a natural 20 but the DM disallowed it but said that the next check I tried to do was an automatic success.

DaMullet
2007-07-29, 05:22 PM
My favorite baddie death and player death are the same battle.

My DM has a houserule where, when you break any staff, all it's remaining charges are released on one randomly rolled spell it can cast.

We were fighting a red dragon, which had already killed the rogue by grappling him and diving into the lava. However fortunately for us, we had recently randomly rolled a staff of frost for treasure, and the beguiler was using it, because he had the highest stats.

He was cornered on the platform, and knew he couldn't kill or incapacitate it with any of his spells, so he did the one thing he could do- tossed the staff behind him into the lava. We rolled VERY well, and got 39 charges worth of Cone Of Cold, centered on the spot behind the beguiler.

It did something like 600 damage to the dragon, thanks to a very lucky number of rolls to overcome spell resistance (by which I mean, the beguiler critical'd his first, which the DM ruled counted for all of them), and about 400 to the beguiler.

Both creatures were frozen solid in a giant chilly mist, the beguiler's last action to flip the dragon the bird, double-barrel.

palindrome
2007-07-29, 05:35 PM
I was playing my psychic warrior, complete with the up the walls and mental leap feats. With a ring of jumping he had an obscene jump check.

So I was underground going to kill this medusa sorceress. She was in a chamber flying about fifty feet off the ground lobbing spells at me and my comrades. I ran up the walls then made my jump check, so I was flying through the air fifty feet off the ground my sword held like a baseball bat ready to roll.

Then I failed my fortitude save to avoid being turned to stone, when I promptly fell fifty feet to the ground and shattered.

2007-07-29, 06:22 PM
Me: Hmm, a strange fountain here. I wonder what-
Fighter: I jump in.
DM: Y-You jump into the fountain?
Me: Maybe we should-
Fighter: No, I jump.
DM: Oookay. The fountain is filled with clear acid. You take *roll* fifty points of damage.
Me: Oh my god! I grab him and pull him out.
DM: Er... Strength check...
Me: 1...
DM: You get pulled into the acid as well. A minute later the water is a muddy red color.
Me: *glare at fighter*

nerulean
2007-07-29, 06:30 PM
There was this dragon campaign, by which I mean we were all playing dragons, and the BBEG was a dracolich of very epic proportions.

Having hacked, blasted and tricked our way through increasingly kick-ass epic humanoids and other dragons, we finally got to the showdown with this dracolich. The party goes in for the kill, and after everyone else takes a fairly effective shot, my gold dragon paladin (forget the stick, this guy had a lance) did 513 damage in one round.

Then the copper dragon rogue flicks a fanatic, axe-wielding kobold follower at the dracolich. The dracolich that only has 7HP remaining.

Best boss death ever.

cubecrazymonkey
2007-07-29, 06:32 PM
One particularly enjoyable battle involved my character grappling the enemy monk. My character was a large half-dragon, so with a successful grapple check he could fly upwards at half speed. I was trying to intimidate the monk for information by threatening to drop him from what soon grew into an obscene vertical drop. He was stubborn, though, and by a miraculous roll managed to beat my massive grapple modifier. He broke free shortly before he splatted. :smallbiggrin:

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-07-29, 09:38 PM
I love the being turned to stone in mide air, thats just nasty.

skywalker
2007-07-30, 12:13 AM
Also had a fun caster death, once upon a time.
(If I have already told this story, forgive me, I love to tell it)

The party raided a castle full of orcs and cleaned the entire thing out, the only thing left was a large wolf chained to a post in the middle of the courtyard. As the party face, I approached the wolf and asked how it was doing. It said it would be better if we let it off the chain. The Wizard(maybe it was a wisdom check, not intelligence?) took it's ability(or desire) to speak to mean it was friendly, and decided to inspect the mechanism holding the wolf to the post at the same time as I was detecting evil on the thing.

It turned out to be a winter wolf. A very, very hungry winter wolf. As the mage was laying on the ground trying to get away(our DM houseruled 5-ft rolls), he determined to drink a potion of CLW, as well. After a long hassle over rules, this was the exchange:

DM: *Holds up mage's d20* I'll let you have it on anything but a natural one, man.
Mage: *Rolls* ...uh, guys...
Rest of Table: CRAP!

We wanna get him a shirt or a badge that says "Chief Chain Inspector"

CockroachTeaParty
2007-07-30, 12:26 AM
One of my favorite BBEG demises was when I was playing a beguiler. I was scouting his fortress of doom alone, and he captured me. As my companions stormed the keep to rescue me, I distracted him (he was a Death Slaad) with my cunning wit. My friends finally burst through the door after hacking through his Grey and Green Slaadi buddies. He was about to unleash some serious hurt when somebody freed me, and I casted 'feeblemind.' He rolled a natural 1 on his will save, and immediately became 'Bruce the Idiotic Slaad.' We set him free in the nearby forest, to live a happy, simple life of blissful stupidity. We often consider going out into the woods to find him, and make him our royal pet.

LordMalrog
2007-07-30, 12:39 AM
:smallbiggrin: Alright, this is a long malrog related story. (GET OUT THE POPCORN KIDS)
Alright allow me give you the backdrop, Malrog is now a world leader against a bunch of zealous paladins, aka the battle of evil and dressed up evil. So anyhow, this good old compatriot of Malrog, DarkFist The monk goes on a lone scouting party, and meets a giant (Sgt. Steel) and his party gets entirely whiped out, save him cause he calls a parlay. with the evil she-... ahem witch, from the other side, Isabelle. He trades on malrog (a fellow PC) and is sent back, with a mark to go spy on Malrog. Malrog is concerned because he checked his "Scrying Gem" and saw Darkfist unconcious, in the grip of a giant construct, all his compatriots dead. So Malrog, in his giant moving subteranian tower (goes a impressive 30 mph) scrys him up to see darkfist walking casually fully healed. Darkfist verbally flips him off. LESSON 1 Kids: don't insult a megalomaniac emporer who's ego makes Zerckses seem humble.(you know... the villain of 300...)
So plots a plan. He sends Darkfist on a mission after one of the main generals, Jason. Malrog expects Darkfist to die, in which case he'll resurect him. But if he lives he's obviously a spy. So darkfist goes and survives, but comes home with a magic flute. Malrog, seeing his survival, hatchs another loop in the trap. He makes a quiver of lies (see BOVD). When ever the user lies he/she gains a green arrow in their quiver. No save because it's meant to work for the user. He arrives, and refuses to wear it. Malrog and darkfist begin the interogation. When things look bleak for Darkfist he (who is instructed mentally by isabella) breaks the flute, and suddenly time stops. Isabella is suddenly in the room with him. And she goes,"And you had such potential" and stabs him in the throat. Time restarts and she's gone, he's dead. Malrog casts bones to jelly on him, and hangs him up like a piniata, full of gold over a town of the poor. FUN FUN FUN!!! :smallbiggrin: By the way i rp malrog^^

ThorFluff
2007-07-30, 12:50 AM
We've had a few while playing Mutant: The Heirs of Doom (Swedish PostApoc RPG)
But my favorite was the death of our undersized Psionic mutant Edgot (casually referd to as Eggbert). He was standing on the battlements of a fort, looking in a spyglass, at the horizon as the MotorCultists rolled out thier Blackpowder Gatlinggun. Everyone was yelling GET THE HELL DOWN! But he stood there and, (yes this is true) : They can't possible hit something as small as me from there!
You could figure out the rest, but he took 6 bullets in chest which sent him 2x his HP total into the negatives and THEN took the falldamage from falling off the battlements. We barely botherd to scrape off the remains of the wall.

There is alot of fun stuff to be rememberd from that game...

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-30, 01:22 AM
It was this one campaign...

I was a Paladin, and another player had an evil Monk. Got a warning from the god, etc. and I had to leave, though I wish my character had been there for the monk's death.

Now the situation was this:The rest of the party (Monk, fighter, beguiler, swashbuckler, cleric) was fighting an evil cleric/wizard. A fireball came out of the magical darkness, bang, right in the monk's face. Now, after the battle, and this is possibly one of the most hilarious things I've heard, the cleric said while kneeling over the monk, on the brink of death..."Can I make a reverse heal check?"

The DM ruled it so.

joe
2007-07-30, 02:26 AM
I had a Neutral Good cleric who traded herself to the BBEG for a different hostage they had, and then wehn the BBEG was going to use her in a dark ritual to invoke some great power... she cast Painless Death upon herself, therefore denying him the capability to sacrifice her.

This resulted in tears and dropped jaws for both the PCs and the DM. To get that much reaction from everyone over a PC death was pretty cool.

Jack Mann
2007-07-30, 02:30 AM
We've had a few while playing Mutant: The Heirs of Doom (Swedish PostApoc RPG)
But my favorite was the death of our undersized Psionic mutant Edgot (casually referd to as Eggbert). He was standing on the battlements of a fort, looking in a spyglass, at the horizon as the MotorCultists rolled out thier Blackpowder Gatlinggun. Everyone was yelling GET THE HELL DOWN! But he stood there and, (yes this is true) : They can't possible hit something as small as me from there!
You could figure out the rest, but he took 6 bullets in chest which sent him 2x his HP total into the negatives and THEN took the falldamage from falling off the battlements. We barely botherd to scrape off the remains of the wall.

There is alot of fun stuff to be rememberd from that game...

Reminds me of General John "They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--" Sedgwick, a union general killed at the Battle of Spotsylvania Court House by a confederate sharpshooter.

Kurald Galain
2007-07-30, 06:39 AM
I've had a PC will himself out of existence through paradox, how's that? :)

Attilargh
2007-07-30, 06:54 AM
I've had a PC will himself out of existence through paradox, how's that? :)
Do elaborate, that sounds delightfully bizarre and evil.

Jimbob
2007-07-30, 07:03 AM
I was a wizard and we where fighting a BBEG and he cast finger of death, but before the combat I cast spell turning. So he cast it on me, it got turned back on him and he rolled a nat 1 and died, feeling pretty chuffed with myself that I had managed to kill the evil wizard tried to get to higheer grounds only to be attack by a giants AOO and put down in one hit.

I think thats called KARMA, bloody bloody KARMA!!!!!!!

Kurald Galain
2007-07-30, 07:57 AM
Do elaborate, that sounds delightfully bizarre and evil.

The PC had the power of matter creation. He was experimenting with this, creating increasingly implausible objects such as a klein bottle. At a certain point he tried for creating physical impossibilities (a zero-sided object, IIRC), which had the net effect of winking him out of existence.

Of course, this being Paranoia, his next clone learned from... well, in fact, did not at all learn from this mistake, and was terminated a short time later on grounds of treason. Or high treason, I forget.

Diggorian
2007-07-30, 08:30 AM
Me: A 2nd Ed D&D character of mine tasted two potions to determine what they did. I guess the DMG had a mixed magic table, so two low d% rolls later he exploded! Bright side though was my crib cage critted another PC. :smallamused:

Friend: Three man party wondering the desert of Dark Sun come across an oasis surrounded by 1d4 of nearly every animal dead around it's edge. One PC cast Detect Poison but wouldnt tell us the result. I didnt drink ... obviously. Our bud dipped in his finger to taste a single drop then fell dead with no save. :smallbiggrin:

BBEG: A Jedi master PC spent a Force point to charge, leap over two bodyguards, then confirm a crit upon the dark sorceror.

Tharivol123
2007-07-30, 11:59 AM
Two stories, both from a space opera setting using Metabarons rules. One is almost a TPK, the second finishes off the survivors of the party and a few new characters. I forget the names of three of the characters. The first one is long, the second one is much shorter.

Patrick (or Rygel as the other players called him): My character, a political dissident/aristocrat/former diplomat. No combat skills, but a charmer. Recently captured and imprisoned.
Roland: My step-brothers character. A solid second "face" of the party and hot shot with guns.
Marcus: DM-PC, former soldier. A brick with a penchant for breaking and stealing stuff.
Our friend Chris is playing an infiltrator/demolitions expert.
JD is a hotshot pilot with decent fighting skills, but had no knowledge of ships (long, very comical story).
My other step-brother Dan playing a Luxan soldier, who never could seem to get things going right for him.

The other five come up with a daring plan to rescue me from my cell, and return to the ship to get their weapons and the explosives needed to pull it off. As they're getting everything ready, a contingent of troops from the garrison I'm in show up in an effort to arrest the rest of the party.

They make their 'escape' through a waste line into the heart of the spaceports garbage center. At this point the pilot swallows, among other things, some fuel and immediately starts dying. Knowing they will never make it out alive as a group unless they hold a wild card, Chris sets up a series of explosives for remote detonation with a delay along the fuel lines in the lower portion of the spaceport while they make for the elevators.

They go up to the third floor where they intend to steal another ship and make for the garrison to save me. The pilot falls unconscious in the elevator between the first and second floors, and when the doors open there are five guards at the door, who immediately begin shooting. One of the blasts rips a hole in the floor that the pilot falls through, thus cementing his death, and Chris is getting killed quickly. They rig a blaster rifle to overload and throw it out the door, but Chris falls through the whole in the floor and the impact triggers the timer on the explosives. Roland, Marcus, and Dan manage to escape before the explosion destroys the spaceport (the first of three times), killing approx. 30,000 people.

By this point, I've already been transfered to a prison ship for transport back to Earth for my execution. Not knowing this, the other three continue their quest to save me. Marcus and Roland acquire some armor to pass off as soldiers, while Dan rigs himself up as a suicide bomber. After they capture Dan and accidentally set off his explosives, Marcus and Roland flee to the woods and hide for a year.

Second glorious death:
Matt and Jay keep reflecting on how their character were the only ones to make it out of the disaster and how they would like to play them again. I create a new character, a pilot, who just happens to be on the planet looking for a job (and my ship is at the spaceport under reconstruction). After a subplot of taking illegal cargo (unknown to me), being attacked for being subhuman, interrogated by police, and hospitalized, I'm told that I am free to go and that there will be no charges filed against me. Before I can leave, however, Marcus and Roland break through the door with guns blazing and kidnap me to get them off the planet.

As we prepare to leave, they get the brilliant idea that since they're already fugitives and I'm fast becoming one, that the spaceport needs to be blown up...again. Shortly after take off, the half built spaceport once again goes up in an explosion taking out about 5,000 people and several construction crews.

With warrants out for us fighters and scrambled to stop our escape and my ship is heavily damaged. My outgoing communications are destroyed, the one gun is disabled, the escape pod short circuits and is ejected, and then finally my flight controls are knocked out. The ship is locked in a upward course, through incoming ship lanes, when I decide to attempt an atmospheric jump without a navigation computer. I throw everything I can into the roll and miss it by one point, tearing the ship apart and killing everyone on the ship and destroying several ships and fighters nearby in process. On only the first session with the character.

We ended doing three campaigns in that setting, and as of now only three characters are currently alive out of a total nineteen that have been played.

Remus of Rome
2007-07-30, 01:34 PM
died drunk when my portable distillery blew up leaving a huge crater where it happened

worst way to die we dropped a guy who was out cold into a sewer when we were climbing out of it and he died not sure weather it was the impact or drowning though

Dove
2007-07-30, 01:59 PM
One of the most memorable monster deaths ever . . .

I was in a party in which the barbarian had a greataxe which critted 19-20/x5. We were all pretty high level at the time, too. We were in a fight with a Marileth, when she she got stunned helpless. Somebody ought to do the coup de grace, and the choice of who was fairly obvious.

She got a Fort save DC 351 or die. Good times.

Orak
2007-07-30, 02:36 PM
Playing in Dragonstar (think of D20 future but in 3rd ed). We had just cleared out an outpost on a desert planet when we came to the conclusion that the main baddies were not present. Our scout spotted a convoy of vehicles approaching fast through the desert and armed to the teeth. Most of the party headed to the roof of the outpost to defend but I headed to the small spaceship we had travelled in. I flip to the information sheet on the spacecraft and notice that it has missile systems. A bit more flipping of pages and I come to the damage sheet. Something like 6d6x10 with a 300ft blast area and automatic guidance.

I fly the ship while one of the other team fires a missile.

A mushroom cloud forms out in the desert.

The GM throws away 10 pages of charcters and equipment. Shortest epic battle ever.

rankrath
2007-07-30, 02:39 PM
My best BBEG death was also one of the most dramatic. The party consisted of a wizard, a cleric, a dragon disciple, and a duskblade, all lv20, fighting a lv30 litch sorcerer. the cleric wins int, charges the litch, lays down a harm spell for 150 damage, next the wizard casts time stop, summons a dragon and about forty undead. needless to say, the litch went down, lasting long enough to cast pact of return, shows back up, time stops, dispels all the summons, the wizard and the cleric fail to beat the litches SR, dusk blade and dragon disciple do some heavy melee damage, then it's the litch's turn. he casts horrid wilting and a quickened fireball, bringing down the cleric and dragon disciple. The duskblade and wizard are ineffective on their turns, and the litch drops a meteor swarm and a lighting bolt, killing the dusk blade and leaving the wizard with one HP left. Wizard casts stone to lave right under the litch's feet, and the litch falls to his death in the lava.

Alyorbase
2007-07-30, 02:44 PM
I'm betting that I'm the first player to ever have one of his characters die due to "police brutality." I'm playing a priest of Talos, who likes to break stuff. So when I see a town monument, I cast shatter at it. The town rebuilds it and then I shatter it again, only this time I have 2 guards to deal with. I Slay Living one guard then Blindness/Deafness to blind the other guard and beat him up with my mace. Then I get found in the inn later by about 12 guards, they beat me to neg hp along with 2 other party members. Then they proceed to drag me down a flight of stairs which drops me to negative 10 hp. So yes...I got killed by "police brutality" :smallamused:

Tweekinator
2007-07-30, 02:50 PM
my first D&D group, second edition, party member is unconcious, were all fighters, except the thief, who was very likely a thief, we pay a 7 foot tall lady with really bad warts all over her face and green skin to take care of him until we can get help... we came back later and took a doggy bag so we could ressurect him, and just hope the cleric didnt roll a 1 and hit a chunk of potatoe with the rez, the other one would be a 13th level party taking an airship in the ebberon campaign setting, which all 10 times we had been on them before we had been attacked, even though we had a cleric who had domain spontaneity on the travel domain a psionicist with nearly 200 power points teleport and overchannel, and a wizard with teleport, shadow walk, ect, ive got some other good ones, but i dont remember them right now

What?

My most memorable death was as I was playing a tiefling ranger and pulling my watch, when I saw something in the woods. Now, mind you, we were in a temperate clime. The creature approached to where I could see it was a large white polar bear. Then it attacked; critted with both claws and splattered my gibbed remains around the campsite.

Dairun Cates
2007-07-30, 02:53 PM
My BBEG Death- Probably Death by giant metal hawk.

Other GM's BBEG Death- Death by Song and Dance number (not really the true cause of death, but the turning point that allowed us to win).

My Character Death- I've never managed to get a character killed despite any efforts to go down valiantly. It's sad too. You'd think diving off the last 50 feet of a tree surrounded with a hundred living dolls and no way to fight back just to relay a three word message to save your entire party would've done it. But nooooooooooo. I had to roll damn near minimum fall damage and get saved by my "evil" copy.

Other Character Death- Probably death by rending or Death by half-dragon laser breath of doom. Either or really.

nagora
2007-07-30, 02:55 PM
I had a character die of old age once. He rolled badly for max age and was a magic-user (1st ed); I think he was 67 or something like that when he snuffed it.

Not many D&D PCs get to die peacefully so I guess you could say that he came close to answering the age-old question "How do you win a role-playing game?"

...Eh?
2007-07-30, 04:20 PM
It was this one campaign...

I was a Paladin, and another player had an evil Monk. Got a warning from the god, etc. and I had to leave, though I wish my character had been there for the monk's death.

Now the situation was this:The rest of the party (Monk, fighter, beguiler, swashbuckler, cleric) was fighting an evil cleric/wizard. A fireball came out of the magical darkness, bang, right in the monk's face. Now, after the battle, and this is possibly one of the most hilarious things I've heard, the cleric said while kneeling over the monk, on the brink of death..."Can I make a reverse heal check?"

The DM ruled it so.

We also left his burnt corpse under the church that fight took place in so that we had an explanation why one of the evil church's relics was missing. That was a fun campaign, until it died of old age like every other. <_<

Irreverent Fool
2007-07-30, 07:38 PM
My best BBEG death was also one of the most dramatic. The party consisted of a wizard, a cleric, a dragon disciple, and a duskblade, all lv20, fighting a lv30 litch sorcerer. the cleric wins int, charges the litch, lays down a harm spell for 150 damage, next the wizard casts time stop, summons a dragon and about forty undead. needless to say, the litch went down, lasting long enough to cast pact of return, shows back up, time stops, dispels all the summons, the wizard and the cleric fail to beat the litches SR, dusk blade and dragon disciple do some heavy melee damage, then it's the litch's turn. he casts horrid wilting and a quickened fireball, bringing down the cleric and dragon disciple. The duskblade and wizard are ineffective on their turns, and the litch drops a meteor swarm and a lighting bolt, killing the dusk blade and leaving the wizard with one HP left. Wizard casts stone to lave right under the litch's feet, and the litch falls to his death in the lava.

Not to nitpick here, but wouldn't a harm spell HEAL the lich?