PDA

View Full Version : Twin Telepathy

Lt.Col.Problem
2017-04-17, 03:27 PM
Some of you may have heard of that phenomenon where twin siblings seem to have some kind of psychic link to each other, like knowing when the other is in danger, finishing each other's sentences, copying each other's mannerisms, etc.

Me and my brother are playing psionic twins. How should we go about giving the characters actual twin telepathy?

Anthrowhale
2017-04-17, 03:29 PM
Some of you may have heard of that phenomenon where twin siblings seem to have some kind of psychic link to each other, like knowing when the other is in danger, finishing each other's sentences, copying each other's mannerisms, etc.

Me and my brother are playing psionic twins. How should we go about giving the characters actual twin telepathy?

Convince your DM to have a free casting of Permanency on Rary's Telepathic Bond as backstory?

Psyren
2017-04-17, 04:28 PM
Each of you play half a Dvati?

xkroku
2017-04-17, 05:52 PM
You can both play Kalashtars with Kalashtar Mindlink feat. This way both of you get 3 uses per day of its Mindlink psi-like ability that lasts for 10 minutes per HD. That's pretty easy way.

You could try talking your GM into changing this ability so that it gives you two permament Mindlink.

Also you can ask GM if a custom magic (psionic) item of continous mindlink would be ok. It would cost 3000 gp, but there are ways of lowering it.

Inevitability
2017-04-18, 09:37 AM
Take the Karmic Twin feat from Oriental Adventures?

Segev
2017-04-18, 09:52 AM
There's a feat called Fell Conspiracy, which I've seen people mention because it's supposed to give mindlink to the whole party. It's not, despite its name, even evil. I couldn't tell you more about it than that, though.

Honestly, "free perpetual mindlink with one specific other character" sounds like something that's worth a feat from both involved characters. If I were DMing, that's how I'd model it. I'd then let it even work across planes.

legomaster00156
2017-04-18, 09:54 AM
Well, ignoring that twin telepathy is only anecdotally a real thing, it would be more accurate to consider it empathic rather than telepathic. Therefore, simply ask your GM if you two can have an empathic link, like that of a wizard and a familiar. You may need to each pay a feat for it or something.

Inevitability
2017-04-18, 10:24 AM
There's a feat called Fell Conspiracy, which I've seen people mention because it's supposed to give mindlink to the whole party. It's not, despite its name, even evil. I couldn't tell you more about it than that, though.

Fell Conspiracy is basically: 'you and X other people can cast Message at-will'. This means it requires an action, and is only useful over short distances.

flappeercraft
2017-04-18, 11:18 AM
I second the playing of half a Dvati but just for the fluff. I would ask the DM to remove the LA and award you both separate GP treasures so that the characters are more individual yet still connected for things such as XP.

Gruftzwerg
2017-04-18, 11:19 AM
While not telepathy, the regional feat "Thunder Twin" from Forgotten Realms could add some fluff and minor abilities.

It's a regional feat (1st lvl) for Dwarfs that let's you sense if your twin bro is alive, on the same plane and if yes, the direction with a simple Wisdom DC 12 check and a move action.

Not telepathy, but the first step to it and easy to get.

Psyren
2017-04-18, 12:08 PM
You can both play Kalashtars with Kalashtar Mindlink feat. This way both of you get 3 uses per day of its Mindlink psi-like ability that lasts for 10 minutes per HD. That's pretty easy way.

You could try talking your GM into changing this ability so that it gives you two permament Mindlink.

Changing my answer to this, each of you playing a Kalashtar would be a hell of a lot easier mechanically than trying to run a Dvati. Plus you can actually take separate actions this way.

Gruftzwerg
2017-04-18, 12:17 PM
another option that did come into my mind:

Ghostwise Halflings get the ability "Speack without Sound" which is telepathy within 20feet to a single person at a time.

You could ask your DM if he/she would accept an increase in range in exchange that it only works for you two.