PDA

View Full Version : [P.E.A.C.H.] SWSE Species: Selonian

Getsugaru
2017-04-17, 04:15 PM
So I recently found myself wiki-walking Wookiepedia and stumbled on the Selonian species. Reading through the article, I found myself interested in playing as one in a Star Wars SAGA game. Alas, the species is one of many that were never statted out by WotC, and my search for homebrew stats for them turned up nothing. As such, I've elected to make some.

The stats are based on the information about them in the Wookiepedia article, which you can find at this link here (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Selonian). I did my best to balance them in comparison to other species from SAGA, but it's rather difficult to do since they have a lot of racial traits (if statting them out for 3.5, they'd probably have level adjustment). Still, I did my best, and I feel I did rather well.

Selonian Species Traits:
Ability Modifiers: Dexterity +2, Wisdom +2, Charisma -2. Selonians are flexible and grounded, but serious.
Medium Size: As Medium creatures, Selonians have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Speed: Selonians have a base speed of 6 squares on two legs, and 8 squares when running on all fours. Selonians have a swim speed of 8 squares.
Darkvision: Selonians ignore concealment (including total concealment) from darkness. However, they cannot perceive colors in total darkness.
Hold Breath: Selonians are at home in either air or water. A Selonian can hold her breath for a number of rounds equal to 25 times her Constitution score before she needs to make an Endurance check to hold her breath (see the Endurance skill, SWSE page 66).
Natural Weapons: A Selonian has natural weapons in the form of retractable claws. When a Selonian makes an unarmed attack, they may choose to use their natural weapons, dealing 1d6 points of slashing damage with that attack instead of normal unarmed damage. Selonians are always considered armed with their natural weapons.
Skills: Climb and Swim are class skills for Selonians.
Automatic Languages: Mandaba and Basic.

Tovec
2017-04-18, 01:24 AM
Looks fine. Net +2 for stats is a bit high but not too bad. It's about the same as a Ryl, for example.