PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Is the Armageddon Plate (Pathfinder Unchained) actually worth it? Or is it just cool?

Neknoh
2017-04-17, 06:56 PM
Well, I'm guessing the title says it all?

Is the item Armageddon Plate actually worth having? Or is it an overpriced, money-guzzling piece of armour that ought to be replaced or never gotten in the first place in favour of something else in the full-plate family?

Starbuck_II
2017-04-17, 10:43 PM
Well, I'm guessing the title says it all?

Is the item Armageddon Plate actually worth having? Or is it an overpriced, money-guzzling piece of armour that ought to be replaced or never gotten in the first place in favour of something else in the full-plate family?

It only costs 2.6K so yeah.

Or do you mean create?

A base one is worth it.
At 8th level, it is even better.
At 13th, even better.
20th level is sort of weak.

How does someone determine price after 1st?

Coidzor
2017-04-18, 12:29 AM
How does someone determine price after 1st?

I was trying to figure out the same thing myself. :smallconfused: :smalleek:

Tuvarkz
2017-04-18, 01:28 AM
Kinda depends on what content is allowed, and as others have said, how much does it scale in prize, because no way I'm going to pay 30% of my level 20 WBL for something that has some minor knacks over a adamantite full plate armor with +5 heavy fort, which is valued around 110k gp. (Heck, it doesn't even get to +5)
The fear effect is largely irrelevant, particularly when considering it won't scale well into the lategame. DR 8/- is hardly any better than DR 3/- if enemies can easily dish 50 damage per hit or more.
The level 20 capstone abilities might be solid, but they are 1/day, which is an issue of when to use.

Florian
2017-04-18, 02:08 AM
Itīs... not bad. Stuff like the Armageddon Plate work fine in the kind of environment thatīs mostly used as basis for the APs. There, itīs actually good. Outside of tis, with free crafting/free shopping and all that, usefulness drops sharply.